Robert Steven Anderson is worth what!?

Does that make him worth $10M per season?  Or is that more of a reflection of our lack of investment (aside from an ill-advised contract to Enunwa) in the WR position over the last several seasons?

People have provided you stats on how Robby compares to other NFL receivers as well as what those receivers are currently earning....THAT is what makes him worth at least $10M per year. You can say you want to pay him as a WR3 all you want until your lungs get sore but the facts are he is at a minimum a solid #2 and will be paid accordingly. It’s easy to say”just let him walk and draft a replacement” when the people who are saying that forget that it typically takes Rookie WR’s at least two seasons to settle in. So what is the alternative? Take away one of the very few weapons that Sam has now while waiting for the rookie to develop, further hindering Sam’s own development? Or just pay Robby what he is worth and let the two of them continue to build chemistry while also searching to add more talent around them?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
Dennis Waszak Jr

#Jets WR Robby Anderson:
"I honestly feel like I’m one of the best receivers in the NFL when given the opportunity. I think if you look when I’m given those opportunities & get those multiple targets, I put up those numbers that people who are considered top receivers do."

I agree.  if he is in Kansas City, he is one of the best receivers in this league.  Im not concerned about us resigning him.  Joe Douglas is no dummy.  its a done deal.

I agree.  if he is in Kansas City, he is one of the best receivers in this league.  Im not concerned about us resigning him.  Joe Douglas is no dummy.  its a done deal.
Maybe if he is in KC he is a great reciever but that does us no good here. If his one trick or even best trick is that he can get open deep and our quarterback does not have great deep accuracy then he does not do well for us. That does not mean he is bad or that darnold is bad it means that they are not the most compatible duo. If your goal is to build around darnold that means more than just getting great players it means getting players that work well with him. We would be better off cutting our losses and finding a reciever who can fight for contested balls on short and mid routes or can make openings when his qb is on the move than to overpay or highly pay a guy who does not fit our qb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Maybe if he is in KC he is a great reciever but that does us no good here. If his one trick or even best trick is that he can get open deep and our quarterback does not have great deep accuracy then he does not do well for us. That does not mean he is bad or that darnold is bad it means that they are not the most compatible duo. If your goal is to build around darnold that means more than just getting great players it means getting players that work well with him. We would be better off cutting our losses and finding a reciever who can fight for contested balls on short and mid routes or can make openings when his qb is on the move than to overpay or highly pay a guy who does not fit our qb.

If they didn't know they wanted him back, then they would have traded him at the deadline.  Maybe there is some question about the numbers he is looking at, but they have to at least plan to make a reasonable offer.  The only other explanation is the one where they thought they might make the playoffs.  That is so far from reality I sure hope not, but not putting Mosley on IR means it is possible.  I guess they could have been concerned about adding another excuse for Darnold.

If they didn't know they wanted him back, then they would have traded him at the deadline.  Maybe there is some question about the numbers he is looking at, but they have to at least plan to make a reasonable offer.  The only other explanation is the one where they thought they might make the playoffs.  That is so far from reality I sure hope not, but not putting Mosley on IR means it is possible.  I guess they could have been concerned about adding another excuse for Darnold.
I'm sure they did want him back or high compensation for him that doesn't mean he is a great fit for the team. Another possibility is that Douglas does not want to place all his eggs in darnold basket.

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I'll be angry if your wrong. It's fairly obvious that Anderson is brimming with talent. The instability at QB and along our offensive line has clearly killed his stat line

38 minutes ago, genot said:

I'll be angry if your wrong. It's fairly obvious that Anderson is brimming with talent. The instability at QB and along our offensive line has clearly killed his stat line

Clearly?  He's gotten a whole lot of volume that he wouldn't be getting elsewhere. That sure as sh*t isn't killing his stat line. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2019 at 7:24 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed with that.  I think $10-12M per is about the range his agent will be willing to entertain.  Tyler Boyd is the perfect contract to compare Robby's worth to, even if Boyd is more of a slot guy.  

Nice call

• Upvote 1