Jason Garrett to the Giants?

RonaldJet

10 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Ian Rappaport reportedly mentioned something this morning about it and twitter went nuts.

I doubt it will happen, because the Maras aren’t that dumb, but could you imagine the fan reaction?

They hired Pat Shurmur to be their head coach. They hired Bob MacAdoo to be their head coach...I’m confused why you think they aren’t dumb. 

They also already wanted to hire Garrett when he was Dallas’ QB coach. VaGiants LOVE hiring people who used to work for them, and Garrett was on staff there before.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Sure they are

They ousted Coughlin in favor of McAdoo, then hired Shurmur and a dipsh*t like Gettleman who drafts a RB over a QB like Darnold.

That’s dumb 

What does this all come back to?  Eli Manning.  Coughlin missed the playoffs 6 of his last 7 seasons, McAdoo made it year 1(with the QB leading the O to 17 PPG) and never got a 2nd full season thanks to a social media mob upset because he had the audacity to bench a QB that should have been benched years earlier.  Lastly, they took the RB over Sam because they thought Eli had years left.   

It all leads back to Eli.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Why hire Garrett when Belichick will be begging to coach the giants next offseason after Brady leaves

It's not like Brady is the key to their success this year.

I think after this year, Brady leaves NE, and Belichick stays to try to win without him.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The only place Mike McCarthy's name comes up is in forums like this where fans are  like "OMG he won a Super Bowl he must be good." NFL execs/Players know McCarthy sucks and was carried by Rodgers.  

+1 George Seifert won 2 bowls with Montana and Young, McCarthy had Farve and Rodgers. Gee I bet having HOF QB's make it easier to win a bowl..:win:

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Sure they are

They ousted Coughlin in favor of McAdoo, then hired Shurmur and a dipsh*t like Gettleman who drafts a RB over a QB like Darnold.

That’s dumb 

and trades for leo.  in all fairness it was time for coughlin to move on.  they probably shouldn't have hired mcadoo or shurmur though.

Why hire Garrett when Belichick will be begging to coach the giants next offseason after Brady leaves
Do you really think bb would ever have to beg for a job in the NFL again? Aside from that he will not leave a team he has built for any other team. When Brady retires bb will either retire or play the next qb up and that qb will look fantastic just like every time Brady is benched.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Do you really think bb would ever have to beg for a job in the NFL again? Aside from that he will not leave a team he has built for any other team. When Brady retires bb will either retire or play the next qb up and that qb will look fantastic just like every time Brady is benched.

Bill Belichick as a HC without Tom Brady starting:

7 full seasons, 117 games

54-63, 46%

1 playoff season as a WC team

1 playoff win as a home WC team back when you could host a WC game without winning division

ZERO division titles

ZERO division Rd wins

ZERO conf championship game apps

ZERO conf championship game wins

ZERO SB apps

ZERO SB wins

5 losing seasons in 7 yrs

Just fantastic!

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I mean were starting to see it this season. Brady's been mediocre this year and Belichick was able to compensate by putting together the best defense in football. The Patriots are still going to win football games after Brady is gone. He also recently drafted Garrapolo and Brissett- who are both legit NFL starters.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean were starting to see it this season. Brady's been mediocre this year and Belichick was able to compensate by putting together the best defense in football. The Patriots are still going to win football games after Brady is gone. He also recently drafted Garrapolo and Brissett- who are both legit NFL starters.

Brady has carried that franchise for almost 20 yrs, it's about time the D pulled their weight but they have some it against mostly mediocre/bad Os this year.  Dallas is good but that game was affected by weather.  Baltimore tore them apart.  Unless Brady is himself in January they aren't winning a SB.

Jimmy has been really good, brissett average at best.

Bill Belichick as a HC without Tom Brady starting:
7 full seasons, 117 games
54-63, 46%
1 playoff season as a WC team
1 playoff win as a home WC team back when you could host a WC game without winning division
ZERO division titles
ZERO division Rd wins
ZERO conf championship game apps
ZERO conf championship game wins
ZERO SB apps
ZERO SB wins
5 losing seasons in 7 yrs

Just fantastic!
This is not a debate. If bb wanted to move on from the pats which he won't teams will beg him to come not the other way around. 6 Superbowls the most playoff wins in coaching history. There is no argument here.