Most TD catches by a Jets TE in a Season

Sarge4Tide

With just 2 more TD receptions this season, Ryan Griffin can move into a tie for 2nd place.  With 5, which may be a difficult target, he would move into a tie for 1st

1. Richard Caster 1972 - 10
  2. Mickey Shuler 1985 - 7
    Jerome Barkum 1981 - 7
    Richard Caster 1974 - 7
  3. Mickey Shuler 1984 - 6
    Johnny Mitchell 1993 - 6
    Jerome Barkum 1977 - 6
  4. Mickey Shuler 1988 - 5
    Dustin Keller 2011 - 5
    Johnny Mitchell 1995 - 5
    Anthony Becht 2001 - 5
    Kyle Brady 1998 - 5
    Anthony Becht 2002 - 5
    Ryan Griffin 2019 - 5
  • Upvote 1

Sam has certainly taken a shine to him.  Sam seems to like the TE as a pass catching option.

It would have been nice to see Sam (healthy) with a two-TE passing option with both Herndon and Griffin (or, in my world, Hockenson).

It's one of the things I'm most looking forward too next year at this point.  

• Upvote 3

History has a way of obscuring mediocrity lol.

2010 Keller had 5 TDs in the first 4 weeks and absolutely disappeared the rest of the way.  

2011 Keller had 5 TDs in 4 games and nowhere to be found for the other games. 

Dont get me started on Becht. 

• Sympathy 1

This thread has only served to remind me of the unfulfilled talent that was Johnny Mitchell.

Remember his game against the Eagles in his 2nd year, when he caught 7 passes for 146 yards and 3 TDs - including an incredible 65 yard tackle-busting effort?

Guy had all the talent in the world. Pity he lost interest in football and never lived up to his true ability.

History has a way of obscuring mediocrity lol.
2010 Keller had 5 TDs in the first 4 weeks and absolutely disappeared the rest of the way.  
2011 Keller had 5 TDs in 4 games and nowhere to be found for the other games. 
Dont get me started on Becht. 
Yup....I remember a game early in the 2010 season in Miami (I want to say it was either a Sunday or Monday night game) where Keller had a couple TDs and he was putting on a clinic.

When healthy, Keller was a problem for defenses... he did disappear for long stretches though, maybe the guy throwing him the ball played a role in that happening?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Yup....I remember a game early in the 2010 season in Miami (I want to say it was either a Sunday or Monday night game) where Keller had a couple TDs and he was putting on a clinic.

When healthy, Keller was a problem for defenses... he did disappear for long stretches though, maybe the guy throwing him the ball played a role in that happening?

That was the 1sr qtr of a Sunday night in Miami when braylon Edwards was "suspended" for the 1st qtr and Holmes was in the middle of his 4 game suspension.

2 hours ago, talisaynon said:

Dustin Keller's spirit was murdered by that one hit by Ray Lewis in that prime time game. He just had enough after that and wasn't the same.

He tried coming back multiple times but he was completely broken.

Check his twitter out, he completely just disappeared.

I was going to mention that hit.

Effing brutal.

2 hours ago, talisaynon said:

Dustin Keller's spirit was murdered by that one hit by Ray Lewis in that prime time game. He just had enough after that and wasn't the same.

He tried coming back multiple times but he was completely broken.

Check his twitter out, he completely just disappeared.

that was a hospital ball...Sanchez stared him down the whole time... RB open over shallow middle

58 minutes ago, papz187 said:

too short by modern standards of TE ... at 6'2"    Jets being clever..  

"We'll show em that you dont needa big frame to be a successful TE!!!"

1 hour ago, papz187 said:

This sent me down a black hole...

- Started reading up about Keller again...

- Read about him and Mark Sanchez's friendship...

- Came across picture of him and Sanchise at a Knicks game...

- Stumbled upon an old Deadspin article about Sanchez hooking up with a 17 year old...

Anyone remember that??? Lol

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I had as well, looked it up...  HOSPITAL BALL!!!

My favorite football story about getting hit was one I read about Marion Motley, the old Browns FB in the early Paul Brown years.  During an AAFC championship game he put up over 200 yards and a couple of touchdowns.  At the end of the game, Motley went up to a sportswriter on the sideline and said, "Anybody seen my teeth?"