On The Road With Greenbean

Maxman

I mentioned this last week, just wanted to give everyone an update and say thank you to @GREENBEAN. This is our new YouTube show, On The Road With Greenbean. Jets thoughts at 55mph, that is the plan. We have big things planned for this show, the feedback last week was great. Thanks for the thoughts and thanks for watching it.

Here is the first episode again, and there will be a new show early this week. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Not to be an old curmudgeon but does this really have to be done while he's driving? This is all people in LA do all day and I almost get killed on the road several times per month because of it.

Agreed.  I know someone that was killed, hit head on, because the driver in opposing traffic grabbed for a bag of potato chips that had fallen.  Appreciate Greenbean putting in the effort, and time is certainly tight, but this seems like something we ought not be endorsing.  No?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Not to be an old curmudgeon but does this really have to be done while he's driving? This is all people in LA do all day and I almost get killed on the road several times per month because of it.

Max is making me do it while I’m driving.

Just so you know the phone is literally on the top of my dash board. I’m not looking down I’m looking forward. It looks a little different on the actual vid.

But yes. You’re old

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Max is making me do it while I’m driving.

Just so you know the phone is literally on the top of my dash board. I’m not looking down I’m looking forward. It looks a little different on the actual vid.
But yes. You’re old

Stats are out on this one. You're compromised doing this stuff from a cognition standpoint, also no doubt a few times you look down to the camera, because that's what everyone who does these vids does. It's human nature. Really dangerous to be doing it this way.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Agreed.  I know someone that was killed, hit head on, because the driver in opposing traffic grabbed for a bag of potato chips that had fallen.  Appreciate Greenbean putting in the effort, and time is certainly tight, but this seems like something we ought not be endorsing.  No?

The amount of times I've almost had some person swerve into my car because they're filming for their IG story is insane. Really bizarre this has become so accepted at this point. Driving is by far one of the most dangerous things people do daily, so let's throw a nice little culture change in where we just look away from the road for social media now. And literally all it takes is 1/10th of a second. sh*t is scary.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Stats are out on this one. You're compromised doing this stuff from a cognition standpoint, also no doubt a few times you look down to the camera, because that's what everyone who does these vids does. It's human nature. Really dangerous to be doing it this way.

I understand where you are coming from but Virginia is not LA. I feel like in Virginia, there are long roads with no one around. Just don’t watch while you’re driving. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I’m not married to anything and have no reason or desire to defend a format other than speak in realistic terms.
I get your point of course but simply wouldn’t do it if it took my eyes off of the road any more than a GPS would. And that’s where it is. On top of the dashboard in a pickup truck which has that huge table like area. It’s really not down at all. tuning my radio would be about 10 inches worse than this.

I’ll defer to max of course but this is nothing like what you’re thinking. And I respect and appreciate the subject.

I have little kids and am one of the more judgmental drivers on the road. Texting and driving is something I rarely do. This is very different.

Oh. And I haven’t had a drink in over 10 years. So ya know.. I’m not drunk either

• Upvote 2

With full respect and sadness about the situation you mentioned this is very different than someone reaching down into the other seat to grab the chips.
It’s quite literally no worse than having a gps on the dash. Like I mentioned in another post tuning a radio is about 10” lower than the camera. In actuality where car manufacturers place their guidance systems is much below where I have it.
I get what you’re saying and appreciate you guys voicing the concerns. It’s better to talk about it than just think negatively of it.

I’m sure max and I will talk more about it too

That’s terrible and I’m sincerely sorry to hear about your friend.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It was cool hearing the fun facts about the punter and then I realized it was while driving and I turned it off. Can’t support that 

Hey everyone - thank you for the feedback we do appreciate it and the concern. The show is called On The Road With Greenbean and this one and others may have driving. We assure you that we take safety seriously. It is a hands free world and we will soon be upgrading Greenbean to a Tesla truck with the self driving package. The story here will unfold a bit over time but the on the road name has more to do with location than driving. 

For example a future episode will be done with Greenbean sitting on the toilet. Thanks Tom S from CT for the request for that one.

They will be done in a variety of ways though, sit back and enjoy the ride. I mean show, totally meant show.  :)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Hey everyone - thank you for the feedback we do appreciate it and the concern. The show is called On The Road With Greenbean and this one and others may have driving. We assure you that we take safety seriously. It is a hands free world and we will soon be upgrading Greenbean to a Tesla truck with the self driving package. The story here will unfold a bit over time but the on the road name has more to do with location than driving. 
For example a future episode will be done with Greenbean sitting on the toilet. Thanks Tom S from CT for the request for that one.
They will be done in a variety of ways though, sit back and enjoy the ride. I mean show, totally meant show. 

This is awesome. I legit laughed twice.

Good stuff and everyone’s thoughts have been considered. Toilet episode comin right up!

• Upvote 2

On 11/25/2019 at 5:28 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

The amount of times I've almost had some person swerve into my car because they're filming for their IG story is insane. Really bizarre this has become so accepted at this point. Driving is by far one of the most dangerous things people do daily, so let's throw a nice little culture change in where we just look away from the road for social media now. And literally all it takes is 1/10th of a second. sh*t is scary.

But dont you talk to passengers? Reach for coffee? Change the station? Nibble on a sangwich?

cmon now

• Sympathy 1

I'd like to keep this thread on topic. Maybe another thread in the lounge is in order for driving habits.

On The Road WIth Greenbean is the name of this show because he is a traveling man.

But distracted driving is bad, so that probably deserves its own thread.

• Sympathy 2