Bengals Going Back to Dalton

JetsFanatic

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Bengals should very much be trying to secure that #1 pick.  I would have not made the change unless its injury related.

Taylor doesn't want to go 0-16. They could be 1 and done if they don't win a game. No one expected the Bengals to be good, but they're not supposed to be 0-16 bad

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Taylor doesn't want to go 0-16. They could be 1 and done if they don't win a game. No one expected the Bengals to be good, but they're not supposed to be 0-16 bad

article in the Athletic also skewered the eff outta him

https://theathletic.com/1406839/2019/11/24/dehner-jr-sticking-with-finley-would-cut-at-credibility-of-taylors-message/

"

You can’t keep going forward with the Finley evaluation if you are serious about trying to win. Evaluation is one thing — even if it plays into a broader scheme to end up with Joe Burrow, as multiple signs inside Paul Brown Stadium begged for Sunday — losing credibility with your locker room is another.

The Bengals haven’t won a turnover battle yet, and Finley has shown zero awareness in the pocket. He fumbled two more times Sunday, losing one. He’s already lost as many fumbles in three games as Dalton did all season.

He’s completing only 47.1 percent of his passes through three games. You don’t belong in this league if you fail to complete more than 50 percent of your passes."

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Dalton has been a Jet killer if my memory is correct.

Key words "has been"

19 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Yup Dalton has carved us up in the past...

Brace yourselves 

Key words "in the past"

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  He threw 5 TDs against us in a 49-9 win in Cincy a few years ago..  Had tix to go to Cincy on a road trip for that one with my son who was in college at the time.  About a week before the game he told me that he had a project for school that he needed to be on campus for during that weekend.  Cancelled the hotel.  Sold the tickets.  One of the best moves I ever made.

Too bad he is not still in college so we could have cancelled that weekend in Miami a few weeks ago.

Key words "a few years ago" 

He ain't that guy anymore, hasn't played most of the year, and he doesnt have AJ Green (as of now) 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bad news, dalton has been nothing special but he is way better than the other jag.

Not just that, but he gives the Jets fits and I don't believe he has ever lost to us. But, so much the better. these are the type of things we want to see from the Jets that they can not play down to the competition and beat an 0-11 team that not only has been a tough out in Oakland last week and against Pitt this past week, but now will have their long time starter back under center. There is no other team even with 1 win right now so them beating us doesn't hurt them getting the number one overall 2020 draft pick. For these reasons this might be the toughest game we can possibly have and we hopefully can focus, buckle down and win it. Don't care if it is even by 1 point, just win the game. 

36 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Sure Dalton has beat the Jets in the past.  But it doesn't matter.  That defense is mediocre and the way Sam and the o-line are playing right now, we should still outscore them.

Hmmmm, isn't that what we said after the Jets had beaten the Cowboys, with the Fish coming up..............................................

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Hmmmm, isn't that what we said after the Jets had beaten the Cowboys, with the Fish coming up..............................................

In the Fish game, Jets had a completely different o-line than they will have this week.  Kalil, Winters, and Edoga were liabilities.  They also had 0 ILBs, now they have Neville Hewitt back.

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

AJ Green too then...

Just watch...

Good.  I like it.  The Jets wanna start ballin'.  Then beat them at their best.

Couple of days ago, Bengals coach Zac Taylor mentioned that Green is still experiencing pain while cutting and planting off his ankle. Sounds like he's not ready to come back yet