Unintended consequences of the Garrett and Ogunjobi suspensions

With those guys out of the lineup they moved Sheldon from tackle to end and he had 2 sacks, a forced fumble and a tipped pass. 

Bryan Cox Jr. played half the snaps and had a TFL. 

Brandin Bryant had his NFL debut.  He is a SPARQ darling that the Jets signed from the Seahawks in 2016.   I think the Giants had him in for a bit and he went up to Canada and played pretty well.  I think he was a guy that I discussed with @T0mShane , @dbatesman and some others when talking about how Maccagnan valued athletic ability in his UDFA bottom roster guys, but seemed to discount it at the draft particularly at the top.   At the time they had high SPARQ Doug Middleton, Terrell Sinkfield with a supposed 4.19 40, and Jonah Trinnaman with a 12' broad jump. 

Bryant was a strong slightly undersized d-lineman that 3sigma had ranked top 5 that year (87% of NFL athletes at the position).  Just turned 26.  It will be interesting if he can make something of the opportunity. 

I'd be interested to know what happened with Trinnaman.  He was waived last year injured.  He played WR at BYU, but his coach said he believed he could be an NFL CB.  Begs the question why college didn't switch him.  4.2/40 12'/broad is no joke. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

What’s the consequence? That some former jets might become stars because they have been given some extra playing time ?

ok scout

If all this analysis is boring you, by all means, please proceed immediately to the dozens of threads where people try to figure out if Gase, Darnold, and/or Adams are any good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2