Peter King tours new Los Angeles stadium for Rams & Chargers

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The identity of the team lies in its fans, not the stupid building.  You think the fake brick on the front of the Colts building makes them play harder?  LOL.

SAR I

The Colts already won the SB in their beautiful new stadium. LOL.  

Let me put you Dallas as an example.   AT&T Cowboys stadium is a total beauty. JJ  built that stadium for just over a Billion dollar in 2009.  I just love that stadium and they haven’t won anything there but to me it symbolize them and the Jets. They have an identity and thrive for the best and the Jets on the other hand have no identity and are pleased sharing a lousy stadium built in a swamp that nothing grow there except bad grass.  Because of it traffic is good and everything is cheap from tickets to parking.  

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

No one cares about pocket change spent 11 years ago.  Except those who didn't spend it.  You have an odd fascination with how rich people spend their fun money.

SAR I

You have an odd fascination with telling the people who spent money on the plane how to spend their money.  (I wasn't one of them, btw)

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You have an odd fascination with telling the people who spent money on the plane how to spend their money.  (I wasn't one of them, btw)

The plane embarrassed foolish, selfish, entitled Jets fans.  You supported it.  Shameful.

SAR I

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I do home and away games. 

You should do an away game or 2 at one of the more elite stadiums. 

Easy one for you Gillette Stadium here its 10x nicer than MetLife. 

Being you attacked I need to say only reason you went Sunday in the rain was to get the Star-Wars trinkets.

Carry on. 

joewilly12 

Having lived in New England for 14 years and being in Gillette Stadium 12 times, I know very well what it looks like.  It's not special.

I am not attacking you, merely pointing out that the vast majority of people who complain about what the stadium looks like don't attend more than 1 Jets game every 2-3 years.  The stadium isn't for them.  They can focus on the gridiron.  It's the same in every stadium.

SAR I

10 hours ago, DRJETS said:

The Colts already won the SB in their beautiful new stadium. LOL.  

Let me put you Dallas as an example.   AT&T Cowboys stadium is a total beauty. JJ  built that stadium for just over a Billion dollar in 2009.  I just love that stadium and they haven’t won anything there but to me it symbolize them and the Jets. They have an identity and thrive for the best and the Jets on the other hand have no identity and are pleased sharing a lousy stadium built in a swamp that nothing grow there except bad grass.  Because of it traffic is good and everything is cheap from tickets to parking.  

I've been to Indianapolis.  It's nothing special. 

Dallas?  Who knows, maybe they don't tailgate.  If there's one thing I know about Jets fans, in 3 stadiums now, it's that they don't spend a lot of time in the stadium. 

They eat and drink in the parking lots, get drunk, and get to their seats halfway through the first quarter.

Within 10 minutes, they get up to piss out the beer from the parking lot and buy another beer.  They've missed the entire first quarter by now.

5 minutes before halftime, it's time to get another beer, so off they go, they miss the last part of the second quarter too.

Second half kickoff, they're coming out of the bathroom and miss the first 5 minutes of the third quarter.

Late in the third quarter, time to get up, got to get that last beer before they shut it down for the day.  They miss the last 5 minutes of the third quarter too.

Now it's fourth quarter time.  They're back in their seats.  Oops.  Time to piss out the beer.  Then they come back to the seats for 10 minutes and leave with 10 minutes on the game clock to beat the traffic home, traffic they wouldn't recognize because they're under the influence and behind the wheel.

The moral to the story?  The Jets don't need a pretty stadium because half the fans don't spend any time there and the rest of us are just in it for the football and don't give a crap about the facade or logos.  We have world-class urinals; that really is all that matters to the fanbase, that's the stadium's only purpose on their drunken gamedays.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Dallas?  Who knows, maybe they don't tailgate.  If there's one thing I know about Jets fans, in 3 stadiums now, it's that they don't spend a lot of time in the stadium. 

They eat and drink in the parking lots, get drunk, and get to their seats halfway through the first quarter.

Within 10 minutes, they get up to piss out the beer from the parking lot and buy another beer.  They've missed the entire first quarter by now.

5 minutes before halftime, it's time to get another beer, so off they go, they miss the last part of the second quarter too.

Second half kickoff, they're coming out of the bathroom and miss the first 5 minutes of the third quarter.

Late in the third quarter, time to get up, got to get that last beer before they shut it down for the day.  They miss the last 5 minutes of the third quarter too.

Now it's fourth quarter time.  They're back in their seats.  Oops.  Time to piss out the beer.  Then they come back to the seats for 10 minutes and leave with 10 minutes on the game clock to beat the traffic home, traffic they wouldn't recognize because they're under the influence and behind the wheel.

The moral to the story?  The Jets don't need a pretty stadium because half the fans don't spend any time there and the rest of us are just in it for the football and don't give a crap about the facade or logos.  We have world-class urinals; that really is all that matters to the fanbase, that's the stadium's only purpose on their drunken gamedays.

SAR I

Sounds like MetLife needs big screen TV's in the mens rooms or  stadium seats that double as toilets according to you. 

joewilly12

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The plane embarrassed foolish, selfish, entitled Jets fans.  You supported it.  Shameful.

SAR I

“Selfish”?  Those fans spent their own money because they care about the team. 

“Shameful”?   The team is 3-0 since that day. The season did a complete 180 right after the fans expressed their displeasure.  It kicked everyone into gear despite there being zero accountability from our beta owner and HC.  

“Entitled”?   Are you aware that we’re referring to Jet fans here?  I think “entitled” is probably one of the last words I’d ever use to describe a NY Jet fan.  

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

“Selfish”?  Those fans spent their own money because they care about the team. 

“Shameful”?   The team is 3-0 since that day. The season did a complete 180 right after the fans expressed their displeasure.  It kicked everyone into gear despite there being zero accountability from our beta owner and HC.  

“Entitled”?   Are you aware that we’re referring to Jet fans here?  I think “entitled” is probably one of the last words I’d ever use to describe a NY Jet fan.  

A lot of our fans are simple minded and very complacent, maybe the losing had gotten to them. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You rather have a world class urinals in the middle of a swamp that can only be drive in than an 8 wonder of the world stadium accessible to everybody.  LMAO  

The sad thing is that a lot of our fans think the way you do, simple minded, very complacent.  The same one that got upset over the plane demanding accountability. 

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So  you're saying we wasted $1.5B on urinals?

I’ve been to MetLife and sat in many different locations.  SAR is right that fans are never in their seats at the beginning of the game.  And a lot leave early. I think winning on the field would change that. But I also think a stadium of their own in queens next to citifield is where it should’ve been built.  

On 11/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, SAR I said:

And being just a taxi away it would have had a ton more luxury suites and a ton more Japanese and European tourists. 

SAR I

Surely you'd approve of this. Cultured and most decidedly non-blue collar Japanese and German tourists, who wouldn't be getting drunk and making a mess in your precious parking lot.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

I’ve been to MetLife and sat in many different locations.  SAR is right that fans are never in their seats at the beginning of the game.  And a lot leave early. I think winning on the field would change that. But I also think a stadium of their own in queens next to citifield is where it should’ve been built.  

Unfortunately the fans are the same no matter the zipcode.  They don't spend money and they complain.  MetLife Stadium is exactly what their behavior required.  No reason to have an expensive, tricked out stadium if the ones who care about such things get into the stadium 10 minutes after kickoff and leave 10 minutes before the final gun.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Surely you'd approve of this. Cultured and most decidedly non-blue collar Japanese and German tourists, who wouldn't be getting drunk and making a mess in your precious parking lot.

Agreed.  And my resales on Stubhub would have gotten me significantly more money for those few games I could not attend. 

Our owner built us a stadium to the specifications of what the fanbase required.  Turns out, Jets fans don't like stadiums.  They like drinking in parking lots.  We have the nicest parking lots in the NFL.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Unfortunately the fans are the same no matter the zipcode.  They don't spend money and they complain.  MetLife Stadium is exactly what their behavior required.  No reason to have an expensive, tricked out stadium if the ones who care about such things get into the stadium 10 minutes after kickoff and leave 10 minutes before the final gun.

SAR I

In other words, there was no reason to replace Giants' Stadium at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In other words, there was no reason to replace Giants' Stadium at all.

Giants Stadium was falling apart.  When it rained, my seats in the mezzanine were literally like sitting in a shower, the water from the upper deck and all that swill on the floor would pour down on us like a firehose nozzle.  The lines for the bathrooms could take the entire halftime to get in and out of.  Food choices were limited to high school standards, lines around the block.  Suites were decrepit. 

The ulterior motive was to punt all the old time season ticket holders from their premium seating locations and allow big spenders and waitlisters a chance to pay more to get seats of their choosing.  Woody Johnson is the Abraham Lincoln of the wait list.  We will love him forever.

MetLife Stadium is a perfect Giants Stadium replacement.  The reason it isn't more opulent is because the fans fall into two groups.  Half of us don't care about facades and logos and info screens, we are just there to watch the game.  The other half just wants to get away from the wife and get drunk, they use the games as an excuse to escape their sad lives and re-live high school.  The first group got a great gridiron, the second group got a great parking lot, the end.

SAR I

On 11/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Just like the renting Jets .

When will people get that the Jets rent nothing and its their stadium?

Seriously, who's so lost that they think the Jets rent out usage of Met Life? 

Guess the button bellow will tell us

• Thumb Down 1

On 11/27/2019 at 12:30 PM, DRJETS said:

You rather have a world class urinals in the middle of a swamp that can only be drive in than an 8 wonder of the world stadium accessible to everybody.  LMAO  

The sad thing is that a lot of our fans think the way you do, simple minded, very complacent.  The same one that got upset over the plane demanding accountability. 

Simple minded?

How many fans, how many STHs, do you think wanted the fiasco that would have been a stadium in NYC?  I don't know many at all.  I've had STs since Shea, F the idea of a Manhattan commute.  Tailgate in NJ and boat over to NYC?  Treck all my warm clothing via subway into NYC for a football game?

All the dumb assed fans who watch from their living rooms and bitch and moan about the look of the outside of the stadium just caring about themselves, are still whining about this monstrosity 

Love what "world class" means to some

• Post of the Week 1