Lamar & Ravens Can Be Stifled....

THE BARON

I'm watching the Ravens / Rams game.   Thinking the same thing I did last time I watched the Ravens.  Their offense is nothing special and Lamar is nothing either new or indefensible.  For the DC with the proper brain power (Greg Williams), the Raven's offense is going to be easy meat.  Disciplined gap control, funnel the WR's outside and put a spy on Lamar.  Perhaps Adams. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm watching the Ravens / Rams game.   Thinking the same thing I did last time I watched the Ravens.  Their offense is nothing special and Lamar is nothing either new or indefensible.  For the DC with the proper brain power (Greg Williams), the Raven's offense is going to be easy meat.  Disciplined gap control, funnel the WR's outside and put a spy on Lamar.  Perhaps Adams. 

Adams isn’t even close to athletic enough to stop Lamar “ the truth” Jackson. Maybe Marcus Maye 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You should stop speaking on this subject immediately.

You were probably right up there with Ron Jaworski on Kaepernick.  "Kaepernick could be one of the greatest ever"

Now your a LJ fanboy ???

There is nothing cerebral or invincible about what the Ravens and LJ are doing. 

Jets 34 - Ravens 17

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Sure. The Jets are best at stopping the run, but the Ravens add so many different looks and trickery to their running attack that it isn't even close. Ravens offense is NOTHING the Jets have ever seen and will never see it again until they face Baltimore again. It's TOTAL domination and they will completely dominate our defense in every sense of the word. The Jets simply have a Sh*t team. They do NOT and haven't had the talent to beat a team as physically dominating as the Ravens since like 2010.

• Thumb Down 4

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd say the ravens would be happy if adams was spying lamar, lamar would make him look so utterly silly.

Not so sure.  Adams may not be the best guy to use as a spy, but I don't think it is due to LJ being faster.  A spy more often than not us usually a LB or SS that is assigned to a ball carrier.  Anticipation and taking the right angle is more important than speed for the spy,   

The Ravens offense has a bit of the same effect on fans that the Pardee run and shoot offense. did.  Everyone is in awe and thinks it is impossible to stop.  And then it comes up against a DC that has the tools. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

No idea how I would defend them. 

Cant blitz much cuz you’ll get burned. Jamal could spy but then you’re just wasting youre best player sitting there. 

Definitely shouldn't blitz. It's going to be a chess match. So far, Lamar has answered the bill against BB and now against Wade Phillips. Those guys are excellent defensive minds as well. Lamar is a problem. 

I'm excited to see how Gregg plays him. I think you have to play zone against him. Our DL has to win the point of attack. Otherwise we are toast. 

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Sure. The Jets are best at stopping the run, but the Ravens add so many different looks and trickery to their running attack that it isn't even close. Ravens offense is NOTHING the Jets have ever seen and will never see it again until they face Baltimore again. It's TOTAL domination and they will completely dominate our defense in every sense of the word. The Jets simply have a Sh*t team. They do NOT and haven't had the talent to beat a team as physically dominating as the Ravens since like 2010.

You said the magic word. Trickery...  

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Definitely shouldn't blitz. It's going to be a chess match. So far, Lamar has answered the bill against BB and now against Wade Phillips. Those guys are excellent defensive minds as well. Lamar is a problem. 

I'm excited to see how Gregg plays him. I think you have to play zone against him. Our DL has to win the point of attack. Otherwise we are toast. 

Agree.  You don't blitz. You play gap control. It must be disciplined, stick with your assignment up front.  Don't abandon the inside gaps. The WR's the Ravens have are far from an elite corps.  Have the corners funnel them. Also.  You cant count on it, but I guarantee you, if a defender puts hard wood on LJ, it will cool him off.  

6 minutes ago, funaz said:

lol three wins against scrub teams and we this board goes from firing everyone to talking about play off scenarios and how easily we can stop the ravens.

The Bills will be the hardest game left for the Jets, IMHO.  Of all the games the Ravens have left, I think the Jets have the best chance to beat them.  Not SF but the Jets. And yes, I know SF has the best d-line in the league. 

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I like how we're so good now we can look past teams and talk about how we can beat one of the league's best.

Also, they're up 21-6 with the ball, likely to go up more before half.