Lamar & Ravens Can Be Stifled....

THE BARON

Lamar vs. SF should be interesting. He takes some licks, seems like with their overall athleticism up front they might be able to slow himself bit. If Ford doesn't play that weakens them though, they promoted a PS DE after losing Demontre Moore for the season last night.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I like how we're so good now we can look past teams and talk about how we can beat one of the league's best.

Also, they're up 21-6 with the ball, likely to go up more before half.

To be fair, we're fans. Our involvement in a game consist of sending tweets, jumping on message boards, cheering, booing, and making sure we are synchronized when we chant J E T S JETS JETS JETS. 

The focus on one game at a time matters to players. Some fans are already scouting players. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Well I think it's now obvious the only way to beat the Ravens is to keep their offense off the field...

Unfortunately we dont really have a time chewing ground and pound offense. 

The Browns beat them and the Steelers played them close. My guess is that the teams in their division were more prepared for them than the rest of the league. 

Roman is essentially running the same crap he ran in Buffalo when Rex was HC and Tyrod Taylor was QB. If you recall year 2 it got really bad for them. Even Bowles figures it out.

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

The Browns beat them and the Steelers played them close. My guess is that the teams in their division were more prepared for them than the rest of the league. 

Roman is essentially running the same crap he ran in Buffalo when Rex was HC and Tyrod Taylor was QB. If you recall year 2 it got really bad for them. Even Bowles figures it out.

Yeah but he now has better players executing that same crap perfectly. 

Nothing Gregg can’t handle!

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bill bellichek couldnt stop him.  But you think its easy to stop him.

Clown thread of the year award.

Belichick will stop him. BB didn’t put all his eggs in 1 basket - he didn’t try to lose that game but he wasn’t gonna devise anything special to beat Lamar until he has to - the playoffs. So come playoff time BB will have a new defense and one that Lamar Jackson has never seen and the Pats will roll over the Ravens. Unfortunately I’ve seen it happen time and time again. 

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

You were probably right up there with Ron Jaworski on Kaepernick.  "Kaepernick could be one of the greatest ever"

Now your a LJ fanboy ???

There is nothing cerebral or invincible about what the Ravens and LJ are doing. 

Jets 34 - Ravens 17

Ravens are going to eviscerate Jets. Not a knock on Jets. Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in nfl and LJ is the most disruptive player in history this season.

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I'm watching the Ravens / Rams game.   Thinking the same thing I did last time I watched the Ravens.  Their offense is nothing special and Lamar is nothing either new or indefensible.  For the DC with the proper brain power (Greg Williams), the Raven's offense is going to be easy meat.  Disciplined gap control, funnel the WR's outside and put a spy on Lamar.  Perhaps Adams. 

Ravens/49ers SB rematch.

Ravens will win by 3 or more tds.  It wont be close.  Garrapolo wont be able to move the ball against balt d.  The game wont be competitive.
Curious as to what makes you think that - Baltimore's D is very average vs the pass, and that's vs Steelers, Bengals 2x, Dolphins, Cardinals, etc. all bottom half or worse passing teams.

based on last night's game the best way for the jets to beat jackson and the ravens is to hope one of the two teams in between the game knock jackson into space.  it's going to be very difficult to stop this guy if any running lanes open up in the pocket.  and if he does take off the first tackler needs to make the play.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'd say the ravens would be happy if adams was spying lamar, lamar would make him look so utterly silly.

I mean, Jamal tracked him down in college just fine. I agree with whoever said angles are most important. It doesn't matter though.  We still have to play the Bengals and the phins

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I'm watching the Ravens / Rams game.   Thinking the same thing I did last time I watched the Ravens.  Their offense is nothing special and Lamar is nothing either new or indefensible.  For the DC with the proper brain power (Greg Williams), the Raven's offense is going to be easy meat.  Disciplined gap control, funnel the WR's outside and put a spy on Lamar.  Perhaps Adams. 

Image result for not sure if serious gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Ravens are going to eviscerate Jets. Not a knock on Jets. Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in nfl and LJ is the most disruptive player in history this season.

Anything is possible.  Ya gotta play the games.   The Ravens are going to look super human against most teams, but their offensive game has a major pinch point.  A smart DC with a decent roster will  expose it.

I know I'm going to get flamed and it is totally understandable given what we are seeing from the Ravens, but I'm fairly sure the Jets are the team with the DC and drive to beat them.

Like I have been saying, gap control up front with a spy.  The average Ravens flankers can be held up by funneling and with contact.  A major bonus and game changer if a defender really puts the wood on LJ.  And a totally different situation for the Ravens if the Jets offense succeeds in getting a lead and forcing the Ravens to pay from behind. If we see complementary football from the Jets offense (and we should if Gase is actually the brain trust he is supposed to be) the Jets offense will go all in on getting a lead quickly.  The Ravens defense is not too swift, so it can be done...

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Ravens defense is not too swift, so it can be done...

Ranked one slot above the Jets per football outsider, ranked 3rd vs PASS/ 25 vs RUN...  

ours is flipped.............................................................................. ranked 21 vs PASS/ 2 vs RUN 

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Ranked one slot above the Jets per football outsider, ranked 3rd vs PASS/ 25 vs RUN...  

ours is flipped.............................................................................. ranked 21 vs PASS/ 2 vs RUN 

You can run on the Ravens and get play action going for chunk plays and home run balls.  If Gase continues to run the same offense we have seen since his "talk" with Darnold, the Jets will be able to score on them.   As an ideal for the over all game plan, get two scores ahead ASAP and then start taking your time scoring more points.