DLJ

Lamar Jackson: MERGED

I remember when Michael vick stormed the league.  This guy will be good until he gets crushed by a few 240lb guys. the qb position cannot take that beating over the long term. RG3 is a close example as well.  All these small fast QBs are great until they aren't as fast, then they are just small...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

why isnt this the big idea about every single RB who has ever played in the NFL??

or every smaller possession WR? Edelman, Crowder, Welker

He's 6'2" 215lb...   he ain't small....

IDK, maybe because of padding or being more vulnerable? Just remember seeing Vick change the QB position until he didn't.  Also, Cam is the size of an olineman and he isn't doing so well these days.  Maybe the QB position requires more abilities being perfect?  

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

The best example for LJ is not Michael Vick or Cam Newton.  It is Steve Young because LJ is a much better quarterback than Vick or Cam Newton ever was.    If he never runs for another yard he can still be a very, very good quarterback in this league for years to come.   Just like as Steve Young matured he ran less and less but still had the ability to get yards with his feet if it were necessary.   What we are witnessing with Jackson is Young 2.0

How about RG3? Saw him throwing 50 yard passes on one knee during his rehab.  my point is that all these qbs that can shake and bake wind up eventually getting caught by a big dude and are never the same.  I enjoy watching these guys and don't wish injury on anyone but you can cast the die only so many times before you get bit.

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I think it’s way too early to ordain him the next Young. Eventually, some team, probably the Patriots, will scheme up a defensive game plan that will force him to throw because they’ve stymied the run.

It’ll be interesting to watch unfold 

I don't think young ever had designed plays to run the ball, he scrambled as one of the best. That's all I was saying, when you have designed plays where your QB essentially becomes a RB, it isn't sustainable in the long run.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company