DLJ

Lamar Jackson: MERGED

Just now, CTM said:

Race for some no question. Also though, hes been highly successful and become a talking head darling. People hated on Baker after his rookie year. People have always hated on Brady. Theres still cretins around today who call him a system QB.

Some people like to tear down those that are getting raved about. Just how it works. Particularly when theres a rational to do so.

With Lamar, he has been phenomenal but I think most reasonable people can agree that his play style has a history of not being very sustainable. 

Success in the NFL has a history of not being very sustainable.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I imagine back then whomever was quoted in the OP wasnt so upset about it. I 100% agree race plays a role but its not the only factor is my point. You dont really hear this stuff about Mahommes, Watson or Dak. Atleast I havent, and if so, not nearly at the volume you do with Lamar.

I've seen at least three of the four compared to JaMarcus Russell. Here. Guess what the fourth one's mom looks like.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't see why you'd compare any of them.

Well, having correctly eliminated mobility as the basis for such a comparison, what would your next hypothesis be?

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ok, so some people are stupid and use skin color to define familial resemblence at QB because it's a historic outlier. People do it with white receivers too. Russel has nothing to do with any of these guys near as I can tell. Not exactly a Jamarcus expert but I seem to remember him being more like Ryan Leaf than Deshaun Watson

First the argument was, that style doesn't win. Now not only is Jackson winning, quarterbacks run more as a whole. Now the thing is it wins but he won't last. You know, because if you call a guy who's built like a running back a quarterback it has an effect on his ability to take hits. After this it will be something else.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Eyes Of Adam said:

This seems like its political, and Im trying to be a good poster and not engage in political discussion on the forums.....

He was pointing out evidence of bias on the part of the league and the media. If you feel attacked by that it's a you problem.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Eyes Of Adam said:

who said I felt attacked by it? I am always happy to engage in intelligent discussion and learn from other peoples perspectives. I am simply trying to follow the site rules, and I am quite sure that the owner of the site would not want back and forth on race issues or perspectives on race. If the owner wants to give the go ahead, I am happy to have some intelligent convo.

Again, if you can't tell the difference between airing one's personal views on the subject of race as opposed to discussing the tendency for black quarterbacks to be undervalued in the draft, it's a you problem.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company