DLJ

Lamar Jackson: MERGED

The best example for LJ is not Michael Vick or Cam Newton.  It is Steve Young because LJ is a much better quarterback than Vick or Cam Newton ever was.    If he never runs for another yard he can still be a very, very good quarterback in this league for years to come.   Just like as Steve Young matured he ran less and less but still had the ability to get yards with his feet if it were necessary.   What we are witnessing with Jackson is Young 2.0

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

IDK, maybe because of padding or being more vulnerable? Just remember seeing Vick change the QB position until he didn't.  Also, Cam is the size of an olineman and he isn't doing so well these days.  Maybe the QB position requires more abilities being perfect?  

Vick did change the position.   If he didn't have dog fighting issues no telling how his career would have gone.  That said, I always felt he was a better runner than quarterback.    Same with Newton; it was like having a running back play the quarterback position.  In Jackson it is like you have real quarterback but with the skills of an elite running back.  

On 11/26/2019 at 6:04 PM, whodeawhodat said:

I don't think young ever had designed plays to run the ball, he scrambled as one of the best. That's all I was saying, when you have designed plays where your QB essentially becomes a RB, it isn't sustainable in the long run.

Young in the USFL was a running demon and even his first few seasons in Tampa he ran a great deal.   As I stated over the course of his.career Jackson will probably run less and less but for now, there isn't a better runner in football than LJ so when you have a weapon, you use it.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company