DLJ

Lamar Jackson: MERGED

yall dint see.  i did. so what. i dont see very often. 

wont be the last time i do. wasnt the 1st. every 2 decades or so i call one spot on. this is only the 2nd.

1st was jerry rice.

Anyway, Balt went 5-11, 8-8, 9-7 and hadnt made the playoffs in 3 yrs.

(roughly equivalent to what Gase did in Miami
and Gase is a done nothing LOSER as a HC according to popular opinion)

Balt was 4-5 w/ Flacco last year. So LJ walked into a team that LOST MORE THAN WON for the last 3.5yrs.

And have gone 15-3 since.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2

points-

1) Ravens were an adrift, middling team on the decline with a losing record for the last 3.5 yrs. THEN LJ.

2) LJ and his rare talent make the Ravens good, not the other way around.

All teams "cater" to the teams talent. Notice how Edelman isnt running go routes all day?

How often Lev Bell got the ball in Pitts?

2) Gase isn't a miserable failure cos his record with Miami was slightly below .500 
(doesn't mean I expect him to be a very good HC, just that I feel we hafta wait more to see)

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

This guy will be good until he gets crushed by a few 240lb guys.

why isnt this the big idea about every single RB who has ever played in the NFL??

or every smaller possession WR? Edelman, Crowder, Welker

He's 6'2" 215lb...   he ain't small....

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We shall see if it is sustainable. It has not been for the other QBs like Jackson. Yeah, I know, he's different. We will see. That said it could work all the way to a Super Bowl. I doubt it though, someone will bottle him up and the offense will sputter.

Any offense can get bottled up and sputter, no? 

I am NOT saying HE CANNOT BE STOPPED!

When he got drafted he said " They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me, believe that."

I like his shot of at least GETTING there... maybe not this year, but...INT % below 2 is good

2 hours ago, Eyes Of Adam said:

When a QB runs the ball, they are one hit away from a big injury,

when any football player catches the ball and runs, any punt returner, any WR, any RB..

they are one hit away from big injury...  every time Brady or any other QB drops back
they can be Von Oelhoffen'ed

image.png.4cc24600fd7875f5d92171d1794fa4e8.png

Dalvin Cook is 5'9" 209....    

15 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Well, having correctly eliminated mobility as the basis for such a comparison, what would your next hypothesis be?

it's so ******* obvious..   but you know, JetNation

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

the more you run the ball and get tackled by 225lb+ players, the more likely it is you'll get hurt and/or weardown

as it is with any player... who gets tackled with the ball...

so THATS what happened in the Falcons choke in the SB? They stopped going to Julio Jones cos they were limiting the number of hits he'd take

4 minutes ago, Eyes Of Adam said:

No doubt, there are not a lot of people with Jacksons combo of traits. The other thing that will help is if a player like Jackson has sustained success in the NFL and doesn't get hurt with his style of play. A huge part of his effectiveness right now is his running threat, if he is not as much of a threat to run the ball, his game changes quite a bit. If he can have a long term career and keep doing what he is doing, he can change the QB position for the better for future players.

the ratio of runs and passes has already dramatically shifted between last year and this year...  

he still among the best BOTH YEARS AT NOT THROWING INTs

HE HAS THROWN MORE TDS THAN ANY OTHER QB THIS YEAR, save one, with whom he is tied....

see above harvard study

• Thumb Down 1

any QB who is having an MVP season can have his ankle rolled on....

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Of course. But if you take off you are more likely to expose yourself to a devastating hit. 

Ther are far fewer 300+lbs dudes OUTSIDE the pocket...

i hereby adviocate that all our WR immediately throw themsleves to ground after catching the ball..

running with a football in the NFL is not sustainable...just ask frank gore

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Frank Gore's career (and he has had major knee injuries), is the exception, rather than the rule of sustained careers at RB.

and chrebet and toon got concussed outta the league...  shrug...     it's football...

continue rooting against the most exciting player in the league...  

who we passed on to have Sam Darnold...who is winning THAT comparison??

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Where do you get that people are "rooting against". Did I miss a poll? Not sure what you are arguing.

Not sure what your "winning" argument is.

my bad.

all the 'its not sustainable"     folks around here...   just sounds like the old boy network.

"Winning argument" what did we give away so we could get Sam while we coulda NOT GIVEN IT AWAY

and selected LJ??

7 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

a stable organization

had a longer term hx of success while being demonstrably unsuccessful over the past 3.5..

same HC who is at the very least a GOOD NFL HC. true. but half this board would already have canned Gase..

providing the opposite of stability for the already annointed QB.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company