DLJ

Lamar Jackson: MERGED

I get the comparisons to the treatment of Josh Allen, but Josh Allen has a cannon.  It's not like he is an RB playing QB.  Jackson also has an arm, but his motion is/was nowhere near as pretty.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

Josh Allen gets the same critiscm but is generally regarded as a bad QB who will always be bad. And he is just that.

Maybe.  I think Josh Allen is the kind of QB a defensive team wants.  He has limited his turnovers and he is always a danger for the huge play.  Being able to run is icing on the cake for 3rd down plays.  I wish Rex could have had him instead of Sanchez.  He looked like sh*t against the Eagles and Pats, but otherwise they have to be pretty happy with him. 

14 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I've seen at least three of the four compared to JaMarcus Russell. Here. Guess what the fourth one's mom looks like.

How is JaMarcus as a comp for Allen?  I mean, like the others, Allen seems like a good kid that will put in the work, so JaMarcus without the Grape Drank?  I don't see why you'd compare any of them.  Russell wasn't that mobile was he?  Just huge.  More Winston, Flacco, Ben on a bad day to me, but I don't remember him that well. 

Randall Cunningham held up pretty well and he had a few 100 carry seasons. 

I have kind of a strange take on the racial aspect because I am 100% crusty old white guy, but I grew up rooting for the Lawrence McCutcheon, Harold Jackson Rams just because I thought James Harris looked "cool." 

Through grade school I consistently bemoaned the fact that good college QBs didn't seem to get a chance because of their race.  There was plenty of truth to that, but also a total lack of understanding of scouting and the NFL QB position. 

• Upvote 2

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company