DLJ

Lamar Jackson: MERGED

8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The anti lamar confederacy needs to make up their minds. Is Lamar a WR instead of a QB, or is he a RB instead of a QB?

The same crew that said Lamar should be a WR because of his athleticism, told us that WR Tanehill should be a QB because of his athleticism and moved Josh Allen up their draft boards because of his athleticism (because it certainly wasn’t due to his QB skills).

Why is athleticism a big plus for a white QB and a negative for a black QB? Rumor has it that Dak prescott is reluctant to run when the opportunity presents itself because of this tired old notion.

It's definitely a race-driven dynamic. Also, if that rumor about Dak is true, he's an idiot. Lamar Jackson is proof positive of that. 

36 minutes ago, CTM said:

Race for some no question. Also though, hes been highly successful and become a talking head darling. People hated on Baker after his rookie year. People have always hated on Brady. Theres still cretins around today who call him a system QB.

Some people like to tear down those that are getting raved about. Just how it works. Particularly when theres a rational to do so.

With Lamar, he has been phenomenal but I think most reasonable people can agree that his play style has a history of not being very sustainable. 

This was happening to Lamar coming out of high school. Only one school recruited him to be a QB, and even there he was asked to try running routes. Way before he became a talking head darling. 

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

I imagine back then whomever was quoted in the OP wasnt so upset about it. I 100% agree race plays a role but its not the only factor is my point. You dont really hear this stuff about Mahommes, Watson or Dak. Atleast I havent, and if so, not nearly at the volume you do with Lamar.

Fair, but I also think it’s because they are more proven picket passers than LJ. 

I’d imagine that if Josh Allen were black, he’d have been recruited to play H-back in college and wouldn’t have gotten a shot in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I mean that's kind of my point. It's legitimate to wonder whether or not Lamar @ 6'2 and 215 will hold up to getting hit as often as he does. I sure hope he does, at long as he doesn't kick us out of th playoffs one of these years :)

Two years ago after Peyton was gone and Luck always injured and we were left with an aging Brady, Brees, Ben and Rodgers, the NFL looked dead to me. However, between LJ, Deshaun, Mahomes and Russell as well as potentially Sam, Baker & Kyler, the league is set up to get ratings and be fun for a long time going forward. If Minshew can pick it up, I'd throw him in there as well purely from an excitement standpoint. Tua and Lawrence should be fun for two more teams as well. As always, health will be the primary concern from corporate's perspective.  

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company