Just 2 games changed our season

Jetster

3 minutes ago, Gibby said:

You're are what you're record says you're. No point in thinking what if. Lets hope Douglas can fix the leaks in the boat and reload next year.  Just continue to play well finish strong.

Nice to see we are at a stage where we (even in likely a non-playoff situation) are all wanting wins to keep us moving in the right direction and not worrying about draft order. We all fall good about our QB and winning and playing well for him, the O, and the D, as well as special teams is more important then worrying about getting the best LT in the draft, or trading down with a QB coveted by many to get many other draft picks should not be a concern since they are usually long shots no matter what unless you get the number one overall pick. This is showing pretty good progress for all.

• Upvote 1

We beat the sad sack tanking Miami Dolphins, and we are 5-6 today, and still alive facing a VERY weak schedule the rest of the way.

Our season effectively ended with that Dolphins loss.

Sure, a little extra here or there wins Buffalo week 1, but it was week 1.  We could have (and have to some degree to-date) recovered.

The Miami loss was a stake through the heart of this season in terms of competitiveness.  Everything since then has been garbage time.  Still good we're playing much better, but despite that they're still games that don't matter in terms of post-season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We beat the sad sack tanking Miami Dolphins, and we are 5-6 today, and still alive facing a VERY weak schedule the rest of the way.

Sure, a little extra here or there wins Buffalo week 1, but it was week 1.  We could have (and have to some degree to-date) recovered.

The Miami loss was a stake through the heart of this season in terms of competitiveness.  Everything since then has been garbage time.  Still good we're playing much better, but despite that they're still games that don't matter in terms of post-season.

I'll never understand the mentality about a loss being at the beginning of the season is excusable.  If there are any games this year we absolutely should not have lost it's that Buffalo game and the Dolphins game. But sh*& happens.  We should be 6-5.  The hilarious part of this season to me is I always felt like based on schedule, talent, injuries and just how the ball bounces in the NFL this would be a team that goes anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. And here we are still staring anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7 in the face.  

• Thumb Down 1

Often in the long term, the adversity makes you better.  I'm not saying, we're better off losing the division games (Buffalo and Miami) but sometimes the lessons learned are more important than the immediate gratification of wins.  Cheers to hoping we're better in the long run.  

Buffalo’s season is what I thought the Jets would be this year. We made some impactful additions in Mosley and Bell and Darnold was ready to take the next step in his progression. Instead we are battling from back from the abyss. 3 straight is great. A win vs Cincy has to happen. No excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

Buffalo’s season is what I thought the Jets would be this year. We made some impactful additions in Mosley and Bell and Darnold was ready to take the next step in his progression. Instead we are battling from back from the abyss. 3 straight is great. A win vs Cincy has to happen. No excuses.

I loved Buffalos offseason. That was the offseason I really believed we were going to have after firing Bowles. I knew they would be tough after bolstering that OL the way they did and protecting their young QB.

I thought we had a chance to do something similar for the reasons you mentioned but I was very nervous about buffalo. They are the exact way I thought they’d be.

I’m still waiting for their collapse though and looking forward to paying them back for 2015 and knocking them out of the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I loved Buffalos offseason. That was the offseason I really believed we were going to have after firing Bowles. I knew they would be tough after bolstering that OL the way they did and protecting their young QB.

I thought we had a chance to do something similar for the reasons you mentioned but I was very nervous about buffalo. They are the exact way I thought they’d be.

I’m still waiting for their collapse though and looking forward to paying them back for 2015 and knocking them out of the playoffs.

I watch EVERY Buffalo game (no choice out here). They've had a real easy schedule so far but now will be the make or break part of their schedule. I'm anxious to see how Josh Allen handles the D's on these better teams.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Jets historically choke against total trash teams in must-win spots. 

The Buffalo game hurts a lot more. Even a bad kicker wins us that game. I have a torn MCL and I’d have fancied one of them. We had a 16 point lead, we got creative in finding a way to lose.

Not to mention it would have given another loss to the Bills and would drag another team into the race. We’d be right in the mix.

It was also the biggest surprise and the first time I really started questioning if Gase gets another year. Losing to the Dolphins was a bigger shock than killing the Raiders imo.

The only thing that would top it would be soundly beating Baltimore

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

It was also the biggest surprise and the first time I really started questioning if Gase gets another year. Losing to the Dolphins was a bigger shock than killing the Raiders imo.

The only thing that would top it would be soundly beating Baltimore

We were at our injured peak vs the Dolphins, Kalil at center, Edoga at LT, no CBs, on the road vs a hungry team looking for a win & Sam turned the ball over. We were terrible, Sam took a beating. I've said it before, Sam had the dirtiest uniform on the field. Jets will murder the Dolphins in the rematch at home 11 days from now. 

14 hours ago, Gibby said:

You're are what you're record says you're. No point in thinking what if. Lets hope Douglas can fix the leaks in the boat and reload next year.  Just continue to play well finish strong.

Yup, could have beat Buffalo, could have lost to Dallas....wash, rinse, repeat.  Jets are exactly where they deserve to be.

Let's use this as yet another reminder to all those people who write W's and L's down the schedule in August about how meaningless and futile that is.  Fans had the Jets beating Miami, beating Buffalo, losing to Dallas, etc.  None of those things happened.  It's the NFL...there's No F'ing Logic to what happens on any given Sunday.

I'm hoping to enjoy the ride over the final weeks of the season and then return with boundless optimism in the Spring. :D 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

We were at our injured peak vs the Dolphins, Kalil at center, Edoga at LT, no CBs, on the road vs a hungry team looking for a win & Sam turned the ball over. We were terrible, Sam took a beating. I've said it before, Sam had the dirtiest uniform on the field. Jets will murder the Dolphins in the rematch at home 11 days from now. 

Yeah but werent the Dolphins the worst team ever in DVOA around that time?

I watch EVERY Buffalo game (no choice out here). They've had a real easy schedule so far but now will be the make or break part of their schedule. I'm anxious to see how Josh Allen handles the D's on these better teams.

While I think they are actually building well this is not their year. I have my popcorn ready for their traditional late season collapse.

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Losing mosley is VASTLY overrated re the buffalo game.  that is the game that killed this team, yes the 1st game of the year. blowing a16 point lead vs a div rival when it was always going to be nip and tuck to make a playoff run.

Score more points on O, D had half the points.

The only game that bothers me is the Buffalo game.  Miami outplayed us and deserved to win. Don't forget, the next week Miami went into Indy and beat the Colts. This is the NFL, any team can beat any team on any given Sunday.  The Bills game is the game we had in our hands and let slip away. It started with a dumb play by Henry Anderson roughing Allen and keeping a drive alive at the close of the 3rd period. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Fans were disappointed Sam missed Robbie twice underthrowing the ball, but no one knew he had Mono. Obviously Sam was weakened. 

Lotta posters blame the Defense for the many shortcomings of the O, and ST's. Not saying that the Defense is hasn't performed up to snuff and they are far from elite, however, they depend on the other phases to pull their weight. The Jets O has not done that for years.

• Upvote 1