Jump to content

Sam Darnold is a “special” QB


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I'm with you on that.  this game against the bengals scares the crap out of me.  all these good feelings we have been having for the last month get flushed down the toilet if the Jets lose.

Especially when the Bengals announced they were benching Finley - Dalton could be wanting to prove a point.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That video made me release. 

And just wait until he gets the time to make all his Reads...  

You guys know this is a Jets site, right? It is okay to root for the Jets here lol.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Fair enough, we're discussing two different things. 

"On pace" generally means "where will he finish the season".  That's ESPN's 2,700+ number.

Inflated for 16 games is a bit different, and yes, while I'm not going to do the math myself (I do enough math most days!) I'll take your number at face value and accept it as a 16-game-inflated number based on actual + projection inflated to 16 games.

Just a heads up.  The difference in numbers I projected and ESPN has projected Is they include the games he missed as a big fat 0.  If you use the actual 1917 he’s thrown over 8 games a lot different than over 11.  And yes project to 2700 for the year.  Same with TDS.  
Couldn’t figure their math

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am getting a little tired of this narrative.  You're trying to blame the defense for the Buffalo game? I get that he had mono, but c'mon.  He put up enough points to win?   They scored 16 points, and 8 were scored by the defense.  The missed FG?  That drive was started in Bills territory.

So skip it.  
Yes when you’re a QB playing in a game and it’s 16-0 with a Q to go you think you’ve scored enough to win.  20-0 would compound it.  No one on offense cares how they got the points.  Just as not a single person who watches the game thinks that missed FG was meaningless based on field position 

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So skip it.  
Yes when you’re a QB playing in a game and it’s 16-0 with a Q to go you think you’ve scored enough to win.  20-0 would compound it.  No one on offense cares how they got the points.  Just as not a single person who watches the game thinks that missed FG was meaningless based on field position 

of course fans don't care, they just want the W.

But when arguing about "did enough" vs. "did not do enough", simply scoring 16 (8 by the Offense) early is not generally enough.

You cannot give the offense credit for a defensive score.  Sure, the TEAM gets credit, but not the Offense.  They didn't do it.

So we have an O that scored 8 points, and missed a short-field opportunity to score 3 points.  

Scoring 11 points on offense is a loss most weeks.  And it's certainly a loss vs. a team that scored 17 points with their Offense.  

No one is saying Sam didn't play well early, he obviously did.  No one is saying the Mono wasn't a factor.  The question is only the "enough to win" bit, and that's just math.  11 (including the shoulda-got FG) is not enough to win against 17.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I wouldn't say that.

Sure, they're bad.  No doubt about it.  But so are we.

If we play them hard and compete, and Sam (most importantly) plays well, but it's a shootout, and we lose say 34-31 late......I think most of us would still feel pretty good because 31 means Sam played well again (most likely).  

would it be disappointing?  Absolutely.  But there is a reason you hear alot of folks say "It's all about Darnold", because it is honestly.  Half or more of this team playing now won't be Jets in 2020.  Darnold will tho, and how he develops and plays is what matters.

It kinda sucks that once again we're playing somewhat meaningless (from a playoff standpoint) games late, and thus some of the pressure is off Sam Darnold to win (a good judge on a QB is pressure games).  But if he plays well again down the late stretch, thats two years in a row he's come back from being out to play well down the stretch.  That's something.

The real test of Darnold next year:  Play all 16 games.  No injuries.  No Mono.  Then we'll get a much better feel for Sam and his future here.

man you are all over the place!  when we beat the vagiants and redskins (and Sam plays very well) you dismiss it because those teams suck.  but now, if we lose to yet ANOTHER (fins) winless team, you don't think it will be that big of a deal?

I do however, agree with you on Darnold.  we need to see him keep playing well.  last year, after he came back and beat Buffalo, I was all in on "let Sam play well, but have the Jets lose, so we get a higher draft pick".  but that was in week 15.  But it's week 13, and the Jets are in the midst of something special - I want that 5 wins in a row!  Plus, I have no confidence in the Jets front office to make any good picks in the draft anyway.  I know we now have Douglas, but until he proves he can draft well, I'm pessimistic.

I'm getting off track here.  My point is:  I think Jets NEED to win this week and next week.  and they need to not get embarrassed by the Ravens, like the pats game.  If they do all that, I think they have a real shot at winning the last 2 games and going 8-8.  and after mono, CJ, herndon, this O-line, 1-7 start etc etc etc, that would be amazing!

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

of course fans don't care, they just want the W.

But when arguing about "did enough" vs. "did not do enough", simply scoring 16 (8 by the Offense) early is not generally enough.

You cannot give the offense credit for a defensive score.  Sure, the TEAM gets credit, but not the Offense.  They didn't do it.

So we have an O that scored 8 points, and missed a short-field opportunity to score 3 points.  

Scoring 11 points on offense is a loss most weeks.  And it's certainly a loss vs. a team that scored 17 points with their Offense.  

No one is saying Sam didn't play well early, he obviously did.  No one is saying the Mono wasn't a factor.  The question is only the "enough to win" bit, and that's just math.  11 (including the shoulda-got FG) is not enough to win against 17.

I feel like all I am doing today is responding to your posts!  LOL

I was at that game against the Bills.  I can barely get to go to any games, so that one sticks out for me.  but yeah, throughout the game, I was definitely disappointed with the offense.  I was not one of the people on this forum who expected the Jets to put up 35 points a game, but something seemed...off.

and three days later we find out Sam has mono.  I know you don't like to use it as an "excuse" but come on!  as a guy who had mono when he was 21 (yes folks, it does happen at that age - Sam is only a year older than I was!) I am amazed he was able to come back and play NFL football by the cowboys game!  

we can argue about that game and the fins game - that's all I keep hearing about nowadays:  "man, if the Jets had just held on against the bills and beaten the fins".....I look at it more with the mono.  is there any doubt in anyone's mind that the Jets as they are playing right now would beat the browns and eagles?  The pats - forget about it, but man, losing Sam for those three games to mono was the real killer.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So skip it.  
Yes when you’re a QB playing in a game and it’s 16-0 with a Q to go you think you’ve scored enough to win.  20-0 would compound it.  No one on offense cares how they got the points.  Just as not a single person who watches the game thinks that missed FG was meaningless based on field position 

Actually, I was saying from the start that I would throw the Bills game out regarding the offense.  Like the 2nd halves against the Cowboys and Raiders, there was every reason to take our foot off the pedal.  It still doesn't pin the loss on a defense that outscored the offense.  The missed extra point was on the defensive TD,  You sound like nyjunc acting like Sanchez didn't lose the AFC championship against the Steelers because he didn't completely blow donkeys in the 2nd half. 

I have absolutely no idea what your last sentence means. The D got 4 turnovers.  They scored on one.  The O did almost nothing with the rest.  They went a whopping 20 yards on the missed FG.  They scored the TD after the safety when the free kick started them on the 40.   Maybe if they moved the ball a bit better things would have been different. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So skip it.  
Yes when you’re a QB playing in a game and it’s 16-0 with a Q to go you think you’ve scored enough to win.  20-0 would compound it.  No one on offense cares how they got the points.  Just as not a single person who watches the game thinks that missed FG was meaningless based on field position 

The order the points are scored in affects the narrative. It doesn't affect how much they're worth. All this bullsh*t about how the Bills game was effectively a win for Darnold and/or Gase and/or the offense is standard stupid Jets fan feelings-based reasoning. Keep accepting less. They'll keep giving it to you.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

man you are all over the place!  when we beat the vagiants and redskins (and Sam plays very well) you dismiss it because those teams suck.  but now, if we lose to yet ANOTHER (fins) winless team, you don't think it will be that big of a deal?

1. I have not dismissed Sam's positive play the past three games.

2. If Sam plays well but we lose to the Bengals (which, by logical extension, means the Defense doesn't play well), it will be bad and disapointing, but Sam's fourth game of positive play will be encouraging.  How big a deal losing is is in the ye of the individual fan, I'll be pretty unhappy with it, but not at Sam (in my "Sam plays well" hypothetical).

10 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I'm getting off track here.  My point is:  I think Jets NEED to win this week and next week.  and they need to not get embarrassed by the Ravens, like the pats game.  If they do all that, I think they have a real shot at winning the last 2 games and going 8-8.  and after mono, CJ, herndon, this O-line, 1-7 start etc etc etc, that would be amazing!

Need is a relative term for a team that was 1-7 and effectively eliminated at that point.

Would it be good to win, win and show well vs. Baltimore?  Absolutely.  Is it a need?  Meh, I don;t think I'd agree.  Carryover isn't really a thing in the NFL.  2019 is 2019.  2020 will be 2020.  Apart from obvious developing young players hopefully being better for the experences, teams don't generally bring success with them from one year to the next.

Please, don't get me wrong....I would like nothing more than a 7-9 or 8-8 finish this year, draft be damned.  But that's a big ask for a 1-7 start team.  6-10 isn't brag-worthy, but a 5-3 finish is at least something.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I feel like all I am doing today is responding to your posts!  LOL

I seem to have that effect on people.  Maybe that's why Phil puts up with me around here, lol.  Site hits ftw!

8 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I was at that game against the Bills.  I can barely get to go to any games, so that one sticks out for me.  but yeah, throughout the game, I was definitely disappointed with the offense.  I was not one of the people on this forum who expected the Jets to put up 35 points a game, but something seemed...off.

and three days later we find out Sam has mono.  I know you don't like to use it as an "excuse" but come on!  as a guy who had mono when he was 21 (yes folks, it does happen at that age - Sam is only a year older than I was!) I am amazed he was able to come back and play NFL football by the cowboys game! 

Sam's mono was unquestionably a factor in the quality of his performance in Buffalo.  Personally, I also hold Gase accountable for not adjusting the way Buffalo adjusted.  

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I feel like all I am doing today is responding to your posts!  LOL

I was at that game against the Bills.  I can barely get to go to any games, so that one sticks out for me.  but yeah, throughout the game, I was definitely disappointed with the offense.  I was not one of the people on this forum who expected the Jets to put up 35 points a game, but something seemed...off.

and three days later we find out Sam has mono.  I know you don't like to use it as an "excuse" but come on!  as a guy who had mono when he was 21 (yes folks, it does happen at that age - Sam is only a year older than I was!) I am amazed he was able to come back and play NFL football by the cowboys game!  

we can argue about that game and the fins game - that's all I keep hearing about nowadays:  "man, if the Jets had just held on against the bills and beaten the fins".....I look at it more with the mono.  is there any doubt in anyone's mind that the Jets as they are playing right now would beat the browns and eagles?  The pats - forget about it, but man, losing Sam for those three games to mono was the real killer.

I agree the mono probably affected him for a while even after he returned.  You can tell he has had a lot energy the past few weeks

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. I have not dismissed Sam's positive play the past three games.

2. If Sam plays well but we lose to the Bengals (which, by logical extension, means the Defense doesn't play well), it will be bad and disapointing, but Sam's fourth game of positive play will be encouraging.  How big a deal losing is is in the ye of the individual fan, I'll be pretty unhappy with it, but not at Sam (in my "Sam plays well" hypothetical).

Need is a relative term for a team that was 1-7 and effectively eliminated at that point.

Would it be good to win, win and show well vs. Baltimore?  Absolutely.  Is it a need?  Meh, I don;t think I'd agree.  Carryover isn't really a thing in the NFL.  2019 is 2019.  2020 will be 2020.  Apart from obvious developing young players hopefully being better for the experences, teams don't generally bring success with them from one year to the next.

Please, don't get me wrong....I would like nothing more than a 7-9 or 8-8 finish this year, draft be damned.  But that's a big ask for a 1-7 start team.  6-10 isn't brag-worthy, but a 5-3 finish is at least something.

For me the 2-3 finish is both the most likely and the worst outcome. How much is it going to tell you about Darnold when they get two more wins against bottom 3 pass defenses and then lose to three in the top 5?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The bengals are awful and we will kill them on sunday.

Jets 31

 Bengals 13

What a bunch of sissys on this site.  Worried about the bengals???  Pathetic.

Not worried.  I agree but the bengals do play hard despite losing so we cant take them lightly

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

For me the 2-3 finish is both the most likely and the worst outcome. How much is it going to tell you about Darnold when they get two more wins against bottom 3 pass defenses and then lose to three in the top 5?

Is Baltimore's pass D really that good?  Pittsburgh is the game they should win.  Their O sucks, and I think we will be able to move the ball a bit.  Their D is probably better than Baltimore's. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I can only speak for myself, but I do it because hyperbolic, counter-factual "enthusiasm" makes any discussion of the team and it's future borderline impossible.

How do you have a conversation when one side thinks the player in question is a top 5 elite franchise this or that that shouldn't be "questioned" or analyzed at all by fans........despite being in the bottom of almost every metric playing on a losing team? 

It's impossible.  Imagine trying to have a discussion with someone who thinks Anderson, for example, is one of the NFL's best 5 WR's.  They refuse to accept any counter opinion, they ignore performance and reply on "what we see", and denounce anyone who disagrees as "haters" who are "rooting against" Anderson.....

Now try and have a constructive discussion about the future of the WR position with that person and their "enthusiasm".

Enthusiasm and optimism are great.  Being insane isn't, not if you want to engage in discussions with others.  Unfortunately, we're often put in the box of "ruining others enthusiasm" simply for posting in discussions with facts, stats, etc.    

 

I know what you're saying there too. Florham Park uber alles. Those types mystify me too. There's probably a reason I dont listenbto sports radio lol. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

For me the 2-3 finish is both the most likely and the worst outcome. How much is it going to tell you about Darnold when they get two more wins against bottom 3 pass defenses and then lose to three in the top 5?

What will it tell us?

Not as much as we'd like (and the homers will claim).

More than nothing (and the true cynics will claim).

Sadly, it's more granular that all that, than win v. loss.  It really is about how Sam, personally, plays and deals with these circumstances and challenges.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So skip it.  
Yes when you’re a QB playing in a game and it’s 16-0 with a Q to go you think you’ve scored enough to win.  20-0 would compound it.  No one on offense cares how they got the points.  Just as not a single person who watches the game thinks that missed FG was meaningless based on field position 

I think the most important aspect of bringing the Buffalo game into the equation is not to applaud Darnold’s play that day, it wasn’t particularly strong in anyway, he missed some important throws he should have hit...but he definitely was playing with mono, which was a definite factor, which does lend somewhat of an excuse.

The Major point of addressing the Buffalo game is that it is a game that teams statistically win 99% of the time, which would bring Darnold’s 2019 record to 5-3, playing on a Bottom feeding roster, which all of a sudden puts to bed that the Jets are the 4-7 team they currently are, they are not, because of Darnold, but a team whose trajectory is definitely pointing up, especially with their roster UPGRADED around their Franchise QB..,Sam Darnold.  Who has shown, by MAKING individual plays that FEW other NFL QB’s can that yes, he is a Franchise QB.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warfish said:

You're 100% right.

A 1-7 start and de facto elimination by week 8 was not good enough for me.

If it was for you, that's cool.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, man. Slante'

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Warfish @Miss Lonelyhearts @14 in Green and a few others for keeping it real and making posts that I may have made myself if i wasnt so ******* hung over today...

We love the Jets , we want W's, Sam has show n some flashes and we want more...   we want consistent warm/hot performances without the nuclear winter performances... it's encouraging. We don;t want any more excuses.

Hard to value what W's an L's mean the rest o the way cos the season is already lost...   meaning that Sam , while performing well in latter season stages still has not played a high pressure meaningful game againts a quality opponent in 2 years...   

The supporting cast on both sides of the ball needsa a significant upgrade along with Sam stacking his good games up til he is in the top10 discusssion, whcih I think is a possibility.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

For me the 2-3 finish is both the most likely and the worst outcome. How much is it going to tell you about Darnold when they get two more wins against bottom 3 pass defenses and then lose to three in the top 5?

Considering we have a bottom 3 roster, it will tell us that he can beat teams when he has a comparable roster. This would give a person who doesn't have a strange reason to hate Darnold, reason to believe that with a strengthened oline and a few upgrades as receiving targets, the Jets may be a playoff team.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JiF said:

This post reminds me of when you're battling a "friend" for a job or a promotion or maybe even something as simple as you both have tickets in for a prize you really want at a raffle and you lose and you're pissed off as hell but you play it cool and are all like, I'm not upset, I'm just really happy for you!  But deep down inside, you really dont mean it at all.  You're pissed you lost. 

This is you and Sam Darnold and the day that you're going to want to love him, Sam and all of us will reject your feeble attempts at love. 

 

Lol, That’s what you took from that post? Kind of a weird take, my friend.

So you’ve become one of those who get irritated by someone who posts something which isn’t the slightest bit critical of the kid, just an observation of the comments made regarding other young QBs?

 Maybe I’m just to hard to please, or others are just bending over backward for reasons to be pleased. I don’t know which it is. I do know it’s too early for either side to know for sure.

However I’ve been consistent in my opinion from day one. I never was as impressed as some of you here, but I do think I’m fair in complimenting him when he plays well. I certainly have been the last two weeks.

When  people like myself are convinced he’s arrived, I think it will mean more then the opinions of those who fawned over his every move from the start of last preseason 

i have to say you’ve been a bit of a roller coaster this season with your opinion of him this year. Up before the season started, down on him when he had a few bad games after he came back from mono, and now I’ve noticed you’re back on board the Sam train. It’s hard to tell what your opinion of him is until each game has been played.

It doesn’t matter though, I think we all want the same thing here, we want the Jets to win and that isn’t going to happen if Darnold doesn’t play well. Everyone here is rooting for him to succeed, some are just more certain that he will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

@Warfish @Miss Lonelyhearts @14 in Green and a few others for keeping it real and making posts that I may have made myself if i wasnt so ******* hung over today...

We love the Jets , we want W's, Sam has show n some flashes and we want more...   we want consistent warm/hot performances without the nuclear winter performances... it's encouraging. We don;t want any more excuses.

Hard to value what W's an L's mean the rest o the way cos the season is already lost...   meaning that Sam , while performing well in latter season stages still has not played a high pressure meaningful game againts a quality opponent in 2 years...   

The supporting cast on both sides of the ball needsa a significant upgrade along with Sam stacking his good games up til he is in the top10 discusssion, whcih I think is a possibility.

Well said, but probably not enough quarter given to call off the dogs. Sam has played well the last couple of games, and they’re in full throat right now.

They are back to comparing him to Favre, Rodgers and who knows who else. They’re talking about squeezing balls into tiny windows, 5000 yard seasons and throwing 3 to 1 TD ratios with 35 to 40 a year.

God bless them, they’re adorable.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Like virtually ANY stock market tout on TV who talks out of both sides of his mouth, that particular post.

Virtually EVERY attribute that Sam Darnold has has “been on display” the last few weeks and those attributes will most likely translate into being one of the Top QBs in the NFL.  From the power of his arm to making better decisions is evidence front and center to shut his detractors up...it’s not “fanboy” stuff.  It’s pure evidence that Darnold CAN make plays that only a couple people on the universe also can...Mahomes and Rodgers.  To not recognize that and not be ecstatic that Sam Darnold at 22 should be the NY Jet QB and be one of the best in the game...for a Long time....is totally disingenuous.

The attributes currently on display are EXACTLY the reason why JJ Watt told Darnold after the Houston game end of last year...”you’re going to be a GREAT PRO”....he sees them all, very up close and personal...but as fans who see the same things, we’re wrong to acknowledge it?

 

Fanboy #1 or 1a, possibly tied with nico, (I can’t remember his new user name, y3 something I think.

I tell you all the time I love your positivity, but you’re good for at least 5 or six 1000 word posts of over the top Sam love in a thread like this, so excuse me for not reading more then one of them. At this point there’s no need. Not even this one, where you’re referring to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JiF said:

This post reminds me of when you're battling a "friend" for a job or a promotion or maybe even something as simple as you both have tickets in for a prize you really want at a raffle and you lose and you're pissed off as hell but you play it cool and are all like, I'm not upset, I'm just really happy for you!  But deep down inside, you really dont mean it at all.  You're pissed you lost. 

This is you and Sam Darnold and the day that you're going to want to love him, Sam and all of us will reject your feeble attempts at love. 

 

Solid casing batman

Vote 14 in green

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

You've watched both Sam and Dak play and you'd prefer Dak?

MVP's don't put up stats like these in a HUGE game (vs the cheats*). You must be a Cowgirls fan.

1886838531_ScreenShot2019-11-26at2_21_18PM.png.ee50a2e5da2c5855b6a981937a2afeec.png

 

 

7 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

As opposed to what? 86 yards, 4 interceptions, and ghosts?

Ouch. This is what it’s like to get caught with a hard right cross to the head. This verbal exchange was akin to watching the Mike Tyson vs. Michael Spinks fight.

Somebody get @Big_Slick some much needed medical attention. He’s down, and he might not be getting up...

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are nuts with this, everytime I wade in here and skim these threads i want to go back in time and slap the me of 15 years ago who spent an embarrassing amount of time ensnared in Pennington psychodrama 

Here's the deal (imo). Both sides have a point. For the "realist guys", you should be careful not to get so entrenched in your position that the natural desire to be proven right influences your ability to enjoy it if the fathead ginger interception machine actually plays decent.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Actually, I was saying from the start that I would throw the Bills game out regarding the offense.  Like the 2nd halves against the Cowboys and Raiders, there was every reason to take our foot off the pedal.  It still doesn't pin the loss on a defense that outscored the offense.  The missed extra point was on the defensive TD,  You sound like nyjunc acting like Sanchez didn't lose the AFC championship against the Steelers because he didn't completely blow donkeys in the 2nd half. 

I have absolutely no idea what your last sentence means. The D got 4 turnovers.  They scored on one.  The O did almost nothing with the rest.  They went a whopping 20 yards on the missed FG.  They scored the TD after the safety when the free kick started them on the 40.   Maybe if they moved the ball a bit better things would have been different. 

 

Again, if the K does his job, a simple one given an extra point and a chip shot were not talking the D outscored the O.  And of course we win.  So how's this, the O put us in a position to win

And I will say it over and over again, my opinion, if you're up 16-0 into the 4th or the 20-0 we should have scored, you should win.  To lose, even if you don't score another point is squarely on the D.  They squandered a 16 other lead.  Not seeing the problem with this POV.  

 

Enjoy you Thanksgiving, travel time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Warfish said:

1. I have not dismissed Sam's positive play the past three games.

2. If Sam plays well but we lose to the Bengals (which, by logical extension, means the Defense doesn't play well), it will be bad and disapointing, but Sam's fourth game of positive play will be encouraging.  How big a deal losing is is in the ye of the individual fan, I'll be pretty unhappy with it, but not at Sam (in my "Sam plays well" hypothetical).

Need is a relative term for a team that was 1-7 and effectively eliminated at that point.

Would it be good to win, win and show well vs. Baltimore?  Absolutely.  Is it a need?  Meh, I don;t think I'd agree.  Carryover isn't really a thing in the NFL.  2019 is 2019.  2020 will be 2020.  Apart from obvious developing young players hopefully being better for the experences, teams don't generally bring success with them from one year to the next.

Please, don't get me wrong....I would like nothing more than a 7-9 or 8-8 finish this year, draft be damned.  But that's a big ask for a 1-7 start team.  6-10 isn't brag-worthy, but a 5-3 finish is at least something.

Still bitter over Fitz getting cut after stinking?

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, if the K does his job, a simple one given an extra point and a chip shot were not talking the D outscored the O.  And of course we win.  So how's this, the O put us in a position to win

And I will say it over and over again, my opinion, if you're up 16-0 into the 4th or the 20-0 we should have scored, you should win.  To lose, even if you don't score another point is squarely on the D.  They squandered a 16 other lead.  Not seeing the problem with this POV.  

 

Enjoy you Thanksgiving, travel time!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Nut!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...