New Draft Strategy

Rob123

16 hours ago, CSNY said:

Disagree with the premise of drafting just offense. While scoring a ton of points is fun I believe that winning football games and championships on a consistent basis a good to very good defense is needed as well. The Chargers “ Air Coryell” teams had a ton of offense as did The Houston Oilers coached by Jack Pardee and Quarterbacked by Warren Moon. Also the Buffalo Bills come to mind as well. Scoring points is great but you need to be able to stop the opponents from scoring as well. Good defense can win games when weather conditions are less than favorable to teams with an juggernaut offensive arsenal. Balance is key 

Sure but the Jets currently have Jags on D outside of Adams and are a top 10 unit.  Prioritizing Defense has gotten this franchise exactly nowhere.  I'm a exaggerating a little when I say dont spend any resources on D, you obviously have to field a team but I wouldnt be taking D in the first 5 rounds or prioritizing a single big market FA on that side of the ball.   Balance is necessary but I'd like for once for it to be heavily skewed to the offense.