Jets - Ravens

THE BARON

Yes, I know... Two games ahead of the Jets-Ravens match-up, but I'm intrigued...

I'm thinking...  Along with disciplined gap control, funneling corners and a spy on L.J. I *REALLY* want to see the Jets defense "Bring The Wood"

I suggest inspirational and instructional film viewing for the entire defense.

The best highlights of:

D-Line: Charles Martin, Ndamukong Suh, Lyle Alzado

LB's: Bill Romanowsky, Vontaze Burfict, James Harrison, Jack Lambert

S. : Chuck Cecil, Jack Tatum

CB: Dick Lane, Ronnie Lot

I think that exercise would be beneficial....

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

STAY FOCUSED EVERYONE!

We are focused! And counting on the Ravens looking past us! I'm counting on Jamal Adams being jealous of LJ cuz he can't stand when somebody else has their name being popped. Adams and Greg Williams we'll make sure we stay in this game now it's up to Sam and Gase  to do their part...

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets do not match up well, we will get killed.

They have a RB that can catch

They have two TEs that can catch

We have not seen anyone like Lamar jackson

We've done very well against TE's for the most part this year. We're 7th in TE yards against and 2nd (tied with a bunch) in TD's against (2). What have receiving RB's done to us?

Lamar and the rush attack in general is the key. We have a stout run D and Pres Mal. I think we match up very well.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

We are focused! And counting on the Ravens looking past us! I'm counting on Jamal Adams being jealous of LJ cuz he can't stand when somebody else has their name being popped. Adams and Greg Williams we'll make sure we stay in this game now it's up to Sam and Gase  to do their part...

I was being sarcastic. Fans are always allowed to project and look ahead. People talking about fans not looking past opponents are silly IMO. It doesn't matter if we look ahead. That's what fans do. Us "focusing" on the Bengals makes no difference.

35 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Yes, I know... Two games ahead of the Jets-Ravens match-up, but I'm intrigued...

I'm thinking...  Along with disciplined gap control, funneling corners and a spy on L.J. I *REALLY* want to see the Jets defense "Bring The Wood"

I suggest inspirational and instructional film viewing for the entire defense.

The best highlights of:

D-Line: Charles Martin, Ndamukong Suh, Lyle Alzado

LB's: Bill Romanowsky, Vontaze Burfict, James Harrison, Jack Lambert

S. : Chuck Cecil, Jack Tatum

CB: Dick Lane, Ronnie Lot

I think that exercise would be beneficial....

Spoiler Alert:

Lamar is going to break Jamal's ankles with a juke move.  And CJ Measly will hang out with his old teammates telling them about the easy bank he is making while doing nothing.

I just hope Sam has a great game and the OL gives him time to throw.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We've done very well against TE's for the most part this year. We're 7th in TE yards against and 2nd (tied with a bunch) in TD's against (2). What have receiving RB's done to us?

Lamar and the rush attack in general is the key. We have a stout run D and Pres Mal. I think we match up very well.

I agree.  This might be one of those games where we bottle them up all day, but they hit for a few huge plays.

I’d like to see a good game but realistically the Ravens are “today” the best team in football. 
They beat the Patriots pretty easily. Pounded the Rams, who are    having some issues but still are a very good team. And then there’s the Harbaugh factor. 
I don’t see this ending well for the Jets but on any given day. Go Jets.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Spoiler Alert:

Lamar is going to break Jamal's ankles with a juke move.  And CJ Measly will hang out with his old teammates telling them about the easy bank he is making while doing nothing.

I just hope Sam has a great game and the OL gives him time to throw.

If we are going to look forward 2 weeks (inadvisable but whatever)... 

the best case for this game is Ravens overlook the Jets a little and it turns into a 42-34 shootout

best case they are still like 10 points better 

worst case... well ya know... 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I’d like to see a good game but realistically the Ravens are “today” the best team in football. 
They beat the Patriots pretty easily. Pounded the Rams, who are    having some issues but still are a very good team. And then there’s the Harbaugh factor. 
I don’t see this ending well for the Jets but on any given day. Go Jets.

They beat the Patriots easy because the Pats defense is designed to shut down passing attacks and is vulnerable to power run games that is the Ravens strength.

We match up much better against their offense than the Pats or maybe anyone for that matter.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was being sarcastic. Fans are always allowed to project and look ahead. People talking about fans not looking past opponents are silly IMO. It doesn't matter if we look ahead. That's what fans do. Us "focusing" on the Bengals makes no difference.

You're causing us to lose to Cincy because we don't play the Ravens yet. You are a bad fan. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

STAY FOCUSED EVERYONE!

As fans who have a huge impact on what happens on Sundays we need to take this one game at a time!!!

It's the energy man. THE ENERGY!!! Just like the Raiders fans coming in and Booing the Jets at Met life. The energy they put out was that they owned the place and the Jets sucked. We start that crap and we will lose to the Bungles.  Dude, If I didn't switch my hat from frontwards to backwards at the start of the game last week I'm not so sure the outcome would have been the same. :)   

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Early in the season with our back up QB.  Do you think this is the same team that lost to the Browns???

50% yes it is the same team. We may very well hang up 34 again on offense but...

Its virtually our exact same defense with the exception of a post leo trade, different corner starting, and on our 36th string inside linebacker.

If that early year D let up 23 to the Browns, what do you think Lamar is going to hang on us? 67? 

If we lose one of the next two...this game will be meaningless to the players, and we’ll be slaughtered.

We are not good enough to look ahead against anyone.

BUT if we were to get there after 2 more wins...Jamal Adams would have to be playing spy on every play for us to have a chance. But their OL, and D are nassssty. 

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Andy Dalton has murdered the Jets.

AJ Green and John Ross are close to returning.

Bengals only...

Dalton has faced the Jets twice in the regular season, once in 2013 when Rex Ryan was the head coach and Dennis Thurman was the DC and week 1 of 2016 when Todd Bowles was the HC and Kacy Rogers was the DC.

Not a single player or coach from the 2013 defense is on the team today. Jordan Jenkins and Daryl Roberts are the only defensive players from the 2016 roster on the team today and not a single defensive coach from that team are still around. That's not even getting into the players and coaches from the 2013 & 2016 Bengals.

None of what he has done in two games against these past Jets teams has any impact on what Andy Dalton is going to do against the 2019 Jets this Sunday.

"Andy Dalton has murdered the Jets" is stupid.