Rob123

Quinnen Williams TRADE

3 hours ago, phill1c said:

Exactly: "we have way bigger issues than defensive line...

So it makes no sense to create a problem on the defensive line on the hope that we address problems elsewhere.

Secondly, I really don't see a ton of holes on the roster. Mostly I see the holes at positions that relatively easy to fill and/or not really as important as others believe. Let's have a recap [cause I got time this morning]:

I'm going to kind of disagree with the "holes at positions that are relatively easy to fill" opinion. Jets need to build a foundation and JD has stated that the OL is 1st priority. Having a top 5 or even a top 10 OL is the goal and the Jets need a RT, LT and a C (I like Harrison but he's average at best). Jets also need the all elusive edge rusher and two CB's. Williams D and today's game greatly benefits from multiple good CB's. I think Crowder was a great pick up and Robbie can be a weapon but a true WR1 is not easy to come by.

Kicker: We need someone AT LEAST as reliable as Pat Leahy. C'mon man...but at least punting is very good.

Macc should be flogged in Times Square for letting our pro bowl kciker walk to save a few bucks.

53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lower picked guys are developmental players who need time to get good.  The 3rd overall pick in the league should be damn good day one.  Especially when the team has massive holes all over the roster.

the only justification for picking a DT at 3 when you have no hole there is that the guy is going to be very very good almost immediately.

You have to look at this in the light of the GM who made the pick. That Macc stinks worse than crap is not in question. The pick was made and the Jets will have to make the best of it. Another year or two and QW could turn into a quality player, maybe he'll never live up to the 3rd overall pick but we shouldn't give him away because Macc was incompetent. Whenever I think of QW at the 3rd overall I think of the Gints and Gettleman taking a RB at 2nd overall when Sam was on the board and Eli just about needed a wheelchair to make it under center. Danny Dimes????? Haven't heard about him recently.

58 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Do we do that on the Jets? - Darron Lee never got any stronger. I do wonder about Strength and conditioning on this team, has it had any effect on the record number of I.R’s we have?

If Darron Lee ate steroids for breakfast everyday he'd still be a undersized SS at best with zero football instincts.

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

If Darron Lee ate steroids for breakfast everyday he'd still be a undersized SS at best with zero football instincts.

Apparently he did take PED’s.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Lower picked guys are developmental players who need time to get good.  The 3rd overall pick in the league should be damn good day one.  Especially when the team has massive holes all over the roster.

the only justification for picking a DT at 3 when you have no hole there is that the guy is going to be very very good almost immediately.

This can all be true—and it is—but trading Q now still makes no sense.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

This can all be true—and it is—but trading Q now still makes no sense.

It for sure does if the rumoured blockbuster package of picks is correct.

We need two olineman, a CB an olb pass rusher and a Wr.  As it is now we pick abut 10th.  If you can channel picks if they are good enough you sho0uld do it imo, yes i know there are cap implications.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It for sure does if the rumoured blockbuster package of picks is correct.

We need two olineman, a CB an olb pass rusher and a Wr.  As it is now we pick abut 10th.  If you can channel picks if they are good enough you sho0uld do it imo, yes i know there are cap implications.

There is no blockbuster package for Q. Look at what he has and hasn’t done this year. 

4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I'm going to kind of disagree with the "holes at positions that are relatively easy to fill" opinion. Jets need to build a foundation and JD has stated that the OL is 1st priority. Having a top 5 or even a top 10 OL is the goal and the Jets need a RT, LT and a C (I like Harrison but he's average at best). Jets also need the all elusive edge rusher and two CB's. Williams D and today's game greatly benefits from multiple good CB's. I think Crowder was a great pick up and Robbie can be a weapon but a true WR1 is not easy to come by

Yeah, I agree that the Jets need a dominant OL. But I think they are not as far away as they have been. I think there are opportunities--with Beachum's free agency making a move imperative--to improve the line. But I think one blue chipper OG or C does that.

There are a number of people who feel Edoga is the answer at RT. IMO, Shell is better, right now at least. Edoga seems weak and not any technically better than Shell. Neither seems dominant physically. Right now, I don't now anything about Tom Compton or Alex Lewis. I know they seem better than the players they replaced. The pass protection is much better and the run blocking is marginally better. So, I'm going to wait until the season's over before saying which of these new starters needs immediate replacing.

• Upvote 1

This is a video from a Raiders fan breaking down some of the plays from last week... The first clip shows the opening play, where Williams tosses the center to force Jacbos to cut back where he's hit by a flood of Jets... And then the last clip at about 16:10, watch him drive the C back like he's on roller skates. The LG even tries to come over to help when he sees the C getting pushed on his back foot... 

Of course it's only a couple of plays... But I really think he's going to be just fine and a heck of a player.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, phill1c said:

There are a number of people who feel Edoga is the answer at RT. IMO, Shell is better, right now at least. Edoga seems weak and not any technically better than Shell. Neither seems dominant physically.

I hope Edoga (and QW both) benefits from a full off season of a NFL training regiment; nutrition and weight room taken seriously should/will show a jump from their rookie season. 

15 hours ago, jgb said:

There is no blockbuster package for Q. Look at what he has and hasn’t done this year. 

We don’t need a blockbuster package we need a first round pick which we can get

4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I hope Edoga (and QW both) benefits from a full off season of a NFL training regiment; nutrition and weight room taken seriously should/will show a jump from their rookie season. 

Not for nothing but, both of the players you mentioned played at Alabama and USC, you don’t think they have strength and conditioning programs that rival those in the NFL?   It’s not like these guys are coming from some JUCO school that shares their gym with the woman’s volleyball team.  Those schools have ELITE training facilities.  

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

On another note, the kid Brown(#5 on Auburn) dominates games. Kind of what we thought we were getting in Q. Just an observation.

Just now, section314 said:

On another note, the kid Brown(#5 on Auburn) dominates games. Kind of what we thought we were getting in Q. Just an observation.

Trade Q and Adams we will have three first round picks and a chance to really rebuild this roster

• Butt Fumble 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Not for nothing but, both of the players you mentioned played at Alabama and USC, you don’t think they have strength and conditioning programs that rival those in the NFL?   It’s not like these guys are coming from some JUCO school that shares their gym with the woman’s volleyball team.  Those schools have ELITE training facilities.  

Agree with the conditioning stuff. Can't it just be that both Q and Edoga are just not that good?

30 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I thing the difference between collage and pro's conditioning and nutrition programs are night and day. Now it's a job with a chance to make a lifetime's earning in 3 to 5 years. The intelligent players will work harder than they had to in college where they were the big man on campus and getting laid every night.

16 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I thing the difference between collage and pro's conditioning and nutrition programs are night and day. Now it's a job with a chance to make a lifetime's earning in 3 to 5 years. The intelligent players will work harder than they had to in college where they were the big man on campus and getting laid every night.

There is a difference between the pros and college strength and conditioning, but the gap has certainly narrowed in the last ten years as the college facilities have gotten so good.

The biggest thing for these guys is no limits on their time like in college.  They have money likely for the first time and can spend an entire offseason improving their bodies and technique.  For a player like Edoga he will have every opportunity to get stronger, healthier, and better for the 2020 season - it all comes down to how much he wants to.  Unfortunately dedication to the game was an issue for him already, so time will tell if he will put in the time.

As for Q, he too will have the opportunity to get stronger and improve his understanding of defense, etc.  I get that people want sacks, and interior DL should not be prioritized as much as Mac did here, there isnt much to argue there.  But if everyone puts their opinions to the side for a second, and watch some of Q's reps (like the raiders guy posted), he is tossing guys around every game, and that should translate into being a good pass rusher either as this season progresses or certainly in the future.  Yea, we want immediate production, but the kid is 21 and has shown the ability to dominate in small doses.   I personally think he will put it together soon and become a dominant player.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It's just beyond the pale lunacy.

Nobody is going to give the Jets a No. 1 draft pick because the Jets are not shopping him. And if they were shopping him nobody would give the Jets a No. 1 pick for him because they were shopping him.

No disrespect but you're just proposing something ridiculous.

Why the f*ck did you steal my name anyway? You never did answer that...