Happy Thanksgiving

14 in Green

56 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Seems Jet fans are back in a good mood after stepping away from the edge. I kept telling everyone to chill out, Sam was OK, Gase was OK & that we had a tough start, too many early injuries, some holes JD needs to fill & it was going to take time. 2 more wins, 6-7, after incredible bad luck is a miracle. 

Enjoy the games, cheer for Dallas (tough I know), and remember, no politics & enjoy your families. Happy Thanksgiving ? to all. 

Good Post.  I really hope everyone has a good old fashioned Thanksgiving.  No political arguments, no twitter arguments, just enjoying time with your family, enjoy the food, and enjoy the game. Happy Thanksgiving ? 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

someone needs a hug???:)  or maybe break 80 ?  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Breaking 80 feels impossible right now. ?

Remember I told you I’m making a swing change in an effort to get down to single digits? Man, I never realized how hard it would be. I’ve taken the proverbial step back, now I need to take the two steps forward. I believe in what this instructor has me doing, but it’s hard to bring it to the course right now.

Two lessons in, and I feel lost out there. I got up to Long Island Monday night and I’m staying through Christmas, so I won’t be playing much, if at all. I’m hoping to get in a lot of practice and drills.

Ah well, Happy Thanksgiving buddy.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Breaking 80 feels impossible right now. ?

Remember I told you I’m making a swing change in an effort to get down to single digits? Man, I never realized how hard it would be. I’ve taken the proverbial step back, now I need to take the two steps forward. I believe in what this instructor has me doing, but it’s hard to bring it to the course right now.

Two lessons in, and I feel lost out there. I got up to Long Island Monday night and I’m staying through Christmas, so I won’t be playing much, if at all. I’m hoping to get in a lot of practice and drills.

Ah well, Happy Thanksgiving buddy.

Shot 82 on Tuesday, 91 yesterday. I hate this game. ?

36 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Shot 82 on Tuesday, 91 yesterday. I hate this game. ?

I feel your pain.

Shot an 80 on a tough course my last round in SC on Saturday and thought I was finally getting comfortable again out there. No such luck.

Yesterday a 92 on an easy course on Long Island. I’m not “golfing” I’m thinking too much about my new swing, and it feels tentative. Drove the ball great, putted well, but my iron game is just lost right now, I just don’t know where the ball is going, and I can’t make solid contact. 

I’m making a big change, really shortened the backswing. It should be a simpler motion, yet it feels so different and it’s like my timing, or tempo is way off. Hopefully just need to get some reps with it at the range. There’s no turning back, I’m tired of being stuck between a 12 and a 14, the good round bad round type player.

Single digits or bust, lol.

@JiF how have you been playing, you long baller you...

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah Im good.

Wife left years ago, kids are grown. Not really Thanksgiving for me any more

24 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Geez Bum, don't know what to say to that, gotta be tough. Hope you are Ok.

I feel that way too. This makes me sad. I wish you had someone to spend the day with bum.

i’m divorced also, and live alone. Thankfully I met a nice woman and have made a bunch of friends through the golf club I belong to.

Maybe I’m selfish, but I leave the GF down in SC and spend the Holidays on Long Island with family. Holidays can be lonely for some people, I realize that. I hope you enjoy a good meal and watch the games. Hang in bro, at least you won’t have someone nagging you for eating in front of the tv in your sweats like a lot of us would like to! ?

• Haha 1

Today is when we celebrate the day when some of this country's first men and women sat down, broke bread, and feasted with a bunch of strange, backwards-thinking, blood-thirsty and savage foreigners.

Those poor, naive Native Americans had no idea what they were getting into.

Happy Thanksgiving, guys and gals.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think I’m too Italian for my own good.

I’m looking forward to the antipasto and stuffed shells more then the turkey, ham and fixings...

Any other people do the “Italian Thanksgiving” thing?

The italians on here crushed my food concepts when I was informed there was such a thing as tomato sauce 'gravy'?

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The italians on here crushed my food concepts when I was informed there was such a thing as tomato sauce 'gravy'?

It’s all about the pieces of pork, steak, beef bracciole, sausage and whatever other meat you put in the sauce. When you add that, it’s “gravy”. My grandmother used to put a slab of pork fat in there also. When it’s done right, it’s almost a brownish red, and a fork will just about stand up in the pot. The “sauce” is just tomatoes. It’s lighter, and has no meat.

Today we’ll put sort of a light version of Bolognese sauce over the shells stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella. It’s not too heavy, just tomatoe sauce with chopped meat.

• Upvote 2

On 11/28/2019 at 1:38 PM, 14 in Green said:

It’s all about the pieces of pork, steak, beef bracciole, sausage and whatever other meat you put in the sauce. When you add that, it’s “gravy”. My grandmother used to put a slab of pork fat in there also. When it’s done right, it’s almost a brownish red, and a fork will just about stand up in the pot. The “sauce” is just tomatoes. It’s lighter, and has no meat.

Today we’ll put sort of a light version of Bolognese sauce over the shells stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella. It’s not too heavy, just tomatoe sauce with chopped meat.

Every Sunday , we had Sunday gravy at Grandma's house in Brooklyn . You remember the apartment with the furniture with plastic seat covers ? 

1 minute ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Every Sunday , we had Sunday gravy at Grandma's house in Brooklyn . You remember the apartment with the furniture with plastic seat covers ? 

Of course I do ?

Forget grandma’s though. When I was 5 my parents moved from Brooklyn to Long Island. The living room had velvet covered sofas and chairs, even the wallpaper had felt or velvety streaks in it. Nobody ever sat in those chairs, they were for “show”. 

I swear, even the carpeting was pristine. The only time anyone walked on it was with a vacuum in their hand. As I got older I liked to tease my mom and tell her “look... I’m walking on the rug” I’d take a few steps, she’d pretend it didn’t really bother her, but when I came back home later, the footprints would always be gone, replaced by perfectly straight lines from that darned vacuum.