Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetsons

Decent video from a Raiders fan perspective...

Recommended Posts

Unless you sit and watch the all 22 film your opinion on QW is unfounded. 
 

People need to stop acting a fool. 
 

Happy T Day!

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Harris said:

Thanks for posting

2 things- Gregg Williams is very good at his job

Other fans like QW better than we do

Jet fans need to watch this video. These are the plays QW makes that don't show up on a stat sheet, but get emphasized in the film room. He bursts off the snap & takes a veteran center back 2 yards. QW is still a baby. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jet fans need to watch this video. These are the plays QW makes that don't show up on a stat sheet, but get emphasized in the film room. He bursts off the snap & takes a veteran center back 2 yards. QW is still a baby. 

Agreed.  Many Jets fans have this crazy paranoia that he is Leonard Williams2.0 lol.  

  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Thanks for posting

2 things- Gregg Williams is very good at his job

Other fans like QW better than we do

Agree on both, but one thing is clear regarding Q.  He is a major disruptive force in the middle of our DL and just getting started.  He may never have great sack numbers, but he's a very good and improving player.  If we can continue to snuff out the run like we have, get healthy and add just one or 2 players in the right spots we're gonna be good for a long time. Starting to see why many said Q was the best player in the draft.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jet fans need to watch this video. These are the plays QW makes that don't show up on a stat sheet, but get emphasized in the film room. He bursts off the snap & takes a veteran center back 2 yards. QW is still a baby. 

Somewhere in Jetnation posters are in denial.  He's a DL and sacks are all that count aren't they?  Two weeks ago we had the Trade Jamal crew, this week the Trade Q crew.  It's clear to me Greg Williams and these players are at the core of our recent success, they aren't going anywhere.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Agree on both, but one thing is clear regarding Q.  He is a major disruptive force in the middle of our DL and just getting started.  He may never have great sack numbers, but he's a very good and improving player.  If we can continue to snuff out the run like we have, get healthy and add just one or 2 players in the right spots we're gonna be good for a long time. Starting to see why many said Q was the best player in the draft.

Playing inside in the NFL is a learning experience. Guys who have played in the NFL say it all the time, you go from dominating weaker opponents in college to the NFL where everyone can play. Getting off blocks, protecting your base, using your hands, leverage tricks, can you imagine playing in a phone booth like QW vs guys with experience? 

Saban said QW was one of the quickest learners he's seen for a guy as young as he is. Not only was Leo traded because of Foley & Shep and Phillips but also because of QWs ceiling. He's just getting started. If we can draft an edge Rusher, sign a guy like Yannick, get Mosely & Avery back at 100%, this is going to be one of the better front 7/8 guys in the league.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jet fans need to watch this video. These are the plays QW makes that don't show up on a stat sheet, but get emphasized in the film room. He bursts off the snap & takes a veteran center back 2 yards. QW is still a baby. 

100% guarantee you never been in a film room.

24 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Many Jets fans have this crazy paranoia that he is Leonard Williams2.0 lol.  

Well, To be fair, the exact same types of comments were made about LW.

Quinnen is a better prospect, but all the Budding narratives and conviction is the same.

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Somewhere in Jetnation posters are in denial.  He's a DL and sacks are all that count aren't they?  Two weeks ago we had the Trade Jamal crew, this week the Trade Q crew.  It's clear to me Greg Williams and these players are at the core of our recent success, they aren't going anywhere.  

Love how GW is using & moving these players. I really hope he stays to work towards a Super Bowl.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QW has been great at stuffing the run the past few weeks.

At 3rd overall, DL needs to rush the passer. Book is far from written about him and he seems to be improving. But you don't draft nose tackles 3rd overall.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fwiw Q has been getting the most reps with Hank on the DL

if Greg Williams is so smart, let’s assume that he likes Q and that Q is carrying out his assignments. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad the first play highlighted Q. He had been doing this since he came back from the ankle sprain. Very rarely does he get blocked and pushed around. The guy is beast and he doesn't  even know what he is doing yet. He is relying solely on his strength  and burst. When he gets his technique  down, look out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

QW has been great at stuffing the run the past few weeks.

At 3rd overall, DL needs to rush the passer. Book is far from written about him and he seems to be improving. But you don't draft nose tackles 3rd overall.

It's more than stuffing the run.  Hes pushing the pocket back, disrupting plays and is starting to demand constant attention.  These things don't show up on the stat sheet, but that's what the game is about. Every day he's looking more and more like the best player in the draft.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 1:59 AM, David Harris said:

Thanks for posting

2 things- Gregg Williams is very good at his job

Other fans like QW better than we do

 

On 11/28/2019 at 2:35 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Sweet, maybe the Raiders will give us two firsts for him!

THIS . MUCH MORE OF THIS.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's more than stuffing the run.  Hes pushing the pocket back, disrupting plays and is starting to demand constant attention.  These things don't show up on the stat sheet, but that's what the game is about. Every day he's looking more and more like the best player in the draft.


Meanwhile other rookies ARE showing up in the stat sheet and looking much better than Q. But go on and think that Macc finally drafted the “best player”. Because we all know he was so good at that.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What this film really proves is that players don't always have to put up gaudy statistics like SACKS to have a good game. Quicken Williams had drawn the ire of Jets fans because he doesn't have 12 sacks right now. This outsiders opinion is proving that Quinnen Williams, despite not making very many flashy plays, is very much performing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...