Uh Oh Trap Game?

LRJets

3 hours ago, LRJets said:

True, and Dalton has had good games against the Jets.

Better Jets teams have lost games they shouldn't have.

"Same Old Jets" is not a myth.

Jets off time.jpg

people around here wanna treat others as if the painful past didnt exist... 

that we're pissing in their kool-aid cornflakes

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

How does a 4-7 team have a 'trap' game?

When they're on a 3 game winning streak with a young QB & looking for their 4th... & if they win out the rest of the season they still have the slightest of possibilities of making the playoffs for the 1st time since 2010.

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

HE will only sign at a place where he is a number one.

I only want him if he dyes his hair BLACK.

Double ginger!

i don’t know if he will get the opportunity at number 1 somewhere but you may be right that he’d rather go somewhere with a starter in a short leash.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:37 PM, Bomberjet said:

Too much in this thread is made on stats and metrics. You can't possibly put numbers or figures into the equation if there are variables that need to be fixed or reduced

Basically, you don’t understand statistics—I don’t mean the data itself but the field of statistics.

4 hours ago, LRJets said:

Uh Oh.....Trap Game?
The Jets, (knowing them) could face a winless team and bungle the Bungles.
They must treat this game with "NFL respect". Williams should have a plan, Gase should continue with calling good plays, and Sam hopefully will feel crisp to play a heads up, quick game.
A win would be warm and fuzzy.

Jets neon.jpg

I agree with this completely and I've been thinking this since about Monday. In many ways, this game is even MORE of a litmus test than the Raiders game was? The Jets are not accustomed to being favored on the road no less. This game is of paramount importance to learn from if this truly is a fledgling team building into a winner. This week and next week are the ultimate trap games. The Jets can avoid this by not looking at the schedule. The "one week at a time" approach is really what this is all about. And really the Raiders victory was NOT as impressive as the results would indicate. That victory was as much about the Raiders playing extremely sloppy football as it was about the Jets having a good game. It's never as good or bad as people think. The Jets staying grounded in their principles is what matters here. The Bengals are a very beatable team but the Jets still must go out there with respect for their opponent and execute their game plan.

• Upvote 1

It’s not a trap game.  I’m a Bengals fan and the Jets will have no trouble winning in Cincinnati this weekend.  The defense leaks like an overfilled diaper and the offensive line is absolutely horrible.  That’s what we get for hiring a teenager as a head coach who hired his loser Miami friends as coordinators.  It’s worse than bad.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Giancarlo said:

It’s not a trap game.  I’m a Bengals fan and the Jets will have no trouble winning in Cincinnati this weekend.  The defense leaks like an overfilled diaper and the offensive line is absolutely horrible.  That’s what we get for hiring a teenager as a head coach who hired his loser Miami friends as coordinators.  It’s worse than bad.

But the Jets still have to go out and EXECUTE. That's not exactly something that's been a mere formality for the Jets. The Jets have had many games against bad teams like Jax and Miami this season where there execution was piss poor. You seem to forget any team can beat any team on any given Sunday. That's why the games are played. I don't disagree the Bengals are a really bad team, but without the Jets not falling into the trap the Bengals will certainly earn their first victory.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

But the Jets still have to go out and EXECUTE. That's not exactly something that's been a mere formality for the Jets. The Jets have had many games against bad teams like Jax and Miami this season where there execution was piss poor. You seem to forget any team can beat any team on any given Sunday. That's why the games are played. I don't disagree the Bengals are a really bad team, but without the Jets not falling into the trap the Bengals will certainly earn their first victory.

The Bengals only have one position group which is executing well: Special Teams.  The offense is unusually sloppy and the defense is out of position all the time.  The Rams ran slants and crossing patterns to take advantage of the Cincinnati defense which only uses two linebackers — and those guys are slow.  You could time their 40 yard dash using a sundial.

7 hours ago, LRJets said:

True, and Dalton has had good games against the Jets.

Better Jets teams have lost games they shouldn't have.

"Same Old Jets" is not a myth.

Jets off time.jpg

There IS a reason why this team has Earned the moniker "Same Old Jets"... it sounds like you haven't lived through that futile era.... Fortunately for you.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:53 AM, LRJets said:

I've been a Jets fan for a long time. Those of you know how this team has lost games they should have won.

All I'm saying is do not take any team for granted since we are 4-7.

Execution has sometimes been lost on this team.

completely right.  the jets can't take any team lightly.  and this game should be treated the same whether they are 7-4 or 4-7.  they have a lot to play for as this season closes out.

• Upvote 1

I see the Jets winning by over two touchdowns 27-13 something like that. The rifle likes to throw it all over the place I can see the Bangles getting the touchdown through the air and maybe their defense makes a play gets a touchdown or a turnover by Darnold. I can see the Jets defense getting a touchdown too

2 minutes ago, funaz said:

Hell let him fight it out with Darnold for starting spot. Dalton's had more success and more consistency than Darnold

I want a guy like Dalton specifically because he is competent without threatening Darnold. Darnold is our starter next year. Only injury, mono, mumps or measles can stop that.