The Benglas O line

kevinc855

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Lol the Jonah fanclub already backpedaling 

Eh?  What the hell are you talking about?  He was projected to be a big maybe at LT for all teams before the draft but if not a LT a high end RT or guard.

And a starting good olineman guard or Rt would be far more valuable than leo williams version 2.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Eh?  What the hell are you talking about?  He was projected to be a big maybe at LT for all teams before the draft but if not a LT a high end RT or guard.

And a starting good olineman guard or Rt would be far more valuable than leo williams version 2.

You guys went from screaming about Jonah being a franchise LT to now maybe he’s a Guard if he can stay healthy 

And at this point a mediocre DL is still way more valuable than a broken Guard

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

I am curious to see the run/pass ratio and types of playes we run off the get go...

We had some success v Oak running...   and Cinci is statistically poor.

If Cincy stacks the box with 7 or 8 players it doesn't make sense to run the ball just to even out the run/pass ratio.

Just now, Big_Slick said:

If Cincy stacks the box with 7 or 8 players it doesn't make sense to run the ball just to even out the run/pass ratio.

I don’t see the bengals doing that they will go heavy on nickel and dime to invite us to run the ball since we aren’t good at that

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I agree that a good OL player, especially a LT,RT & C, is more valuable than a DT. I disagree that QW is going to be Leo 2.0. I've seen more flashes from QW this year than I did for all of Leo's career.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I agree that a good OL player, especially a LT,RT & C, is more valuable than a DT. I disagree that QW is going to be Leo 2.0. I've seen more flashes from QW this year than I did for all of Leo's career.

As opposed to zero point zero flashes for Jonah and his tissue paper shoulder

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t see the bengals doing that they will go heavy on nickel and dime to invite us to run the ball since we aren’t good at that

I just hate to see plays called that go directly against what the D is putting out on the field. I like the take what the D is willing to give you strategy. Hopefully Bell makes them pay and when the D creeps up it's time to call play action passes.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I just hate to see plays called that go directly against what the D is putting out on the field. I like the take what the D is willing to give you strategy. Hopefully Bell makes them pay and when the D creeps up it's time to call play action passes.

Bell has been hurt all year and looks slow hitting the hole. I think he just might be getting old

That’s part of why I want to trade a late round pick for David Johnson in the offseason.  The way you can extend the lifespan of veteran running backs is by making them a committee

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You guys went from screaming about Jonah being a franchise LT to now maybe he’s a Guard if he can stay healthy 

I guess, but what id give for a great guard right now...

If we'd traded back and grabbed Jonah, I'd be fine with it.

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This line is arguably the worst in the league. I fully expect to see Williams attack, attack, attack. AJ Green will be out again as well. They also suffered a season ending injury week at LG with Alex Redmond going down. 

What do you all expect? I want 8 sack game. 

How many does Adams need for the record? Hope he gets it tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Trade him to the Cowboys Zack Martin and a second

Actually if this is Adams level of play, He’s not tradable. Strip sacks, forced fumbles, leader. He’s Troy Polamalu at this point.

The Re-vamped Oline as given Darnold time, We are still upgrading it hugely. I just don’t think we need to trade Adams to do it.

13 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Actually if this is Adams level of play, He’s not tradable. Strip sacks, forced fumbles, leader. He’s Troy Polamalu at this point.

The Re-vamped Oline as given Darnold time, We are still upgrading it hugely. I just don’t think we need to trade Adams to do it.

This is exactly when you trade Adams when his value is at its peak

If we trade Adams and Quinnen we could potentially have 3x first round picks plus more to rebuild this roster

it doesn't matter who the jets are playing.  they need to take care of their own business.  there are a lot of reasons why the bungles may actually want to win this game starting with red ryder want to be making a good show for his next contract.  there are probably a few other key players who also want to win.  the jets need to play the whole 60 minutes, execute and not let the bugles even sniff a chance at a win.

34 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it doesn't matter who the jets are playing.  they need to take care of their own business.  there are a lot of reasons why the bungles may actually want to win this game starting with red ryder want to be making a good show for his next contract.  there are probably a few other key players who also want to win.  the jets need to play the whole 60 minutes, execute and not let the bugles even sniff a chance at a win.

fully agree......there are no gimmes in the NFL