Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

When you really think about it, today is a gutsy, pro bowl type performance from Sam Darnold.

Nobody feels bad for a franchise quarterback. A franchise quarterback is never 'not the problem.'

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

We've moved into nothing ever being on the quarterback territory, which is great. As soon as the Jets fix every position on the roster, we'll be fine.

We could very easily have found some other guy to not be the problem and spent those four picks on a new offensive line. Is it really too much to ask that a quarterback occasionally play well even when there are valid excuses for not doing so?

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless sam darnold has an absolute perfect qb, he is not a good qb.

You are not going to have 5 seconds to throw the ball every week.  He needs to learn how to thrive in choas.

Entire team plays well: CONSUELA MI AMOR

Literally anybody doesn't: LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or, if Sam is any good and deserving of a new contract, he elevates the team next year and it all becomes moot.

It's the team's job to elevate him. It's not his job to elevate the team. This is totally how you win in the NFL, I promise.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don’t think he can elevate the team on his own with the coach and playcalling holding him back. 

Don't forget the refs!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think you can cite the Bears and Bengals job security as a saleable feature that sets those jobs apart from the Jets and in the next sentence advocate for firing the Jets coach after one year, especially considering that the current roster is atrocious tip to stern. This isn’t advocating for Gase, this is accepting the reality of where the franchise is. The team sucks, and the organization sucks. It needs to be built up from the ashes. If Douglas has a unicorn HC prospect in his back pocket whom 1. Isn’t on the short list of the Giants, Cowboys, etc and 2. Will take the job, then I’m all for it. But if you’re firing Gase to end up scrapping for interviews with Mike Pettine, I don’t know if that’s the card I’d play. Douglas has one shot to hire a head coach after he fired Gase. He should fortify the position before putting it on Monster dot com

In before the 2022 'Douglas didn't put Taylor bro #3 in a position to succeed' threads.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

People really blaming Darnold for this game? Lol. He didn't play well no doubt but he was the least of our problems today

Being the least of the Jets' problems is an astonishingly low bar to clear.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

That sounds familiar, I’ve heard it before.

I just can’t remember the name of the other guy we do it with....

The fans really let Sammy down today.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You can’t compare to the two not even close.  Dalton had ZERO pressure while Sam was pressure all game

The Bengals are a terrible team across the board. Had they lost, Dalton would have been 'not the problem.' If you want to gush about how Darnold supposedly shows flashes of being special, you can just shut up and take it when he fails to even show flashes of game manager.

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

22 year old can’t carry one of the worst rosters in the NFL EVERY WEEK.  You do realize that?...he did for 4 weeks this season.  His record is 4-5 this year.

Will you agree the Jets have one of the Bottom 3 rosters in the league?

Will you agree that the Jet OL is the Worst in the league?  Do you realize that an OL is supposed to give the QB the time to even make a play? And when it doesn’t, an entire game, that even Johnny Unitas gets shut out

We lose to an 0-11 team and your takeaway from this is that Sam Darnold is six points better than Johnny Unitas. Sounds about right.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Welp said:

It’s like the usual posters are out in full force with their same person to blame when the Jets lose.

Don't start none won't be none. The blame was in direct response to the 'not the problem' buttsniffing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Not sure if your trying to be funny - but if you are .........  it's not working .

Of course this is funny. I don't understand why so many of you still don't get that a lot of the fun in rooting for the Jets comes from laughing at the Jets. Try it. It can't be worse than this mass dissociation thing that always happens after foreseeable catastrophes.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

No - your not hearing what  I'm saying - I  know full well what your doing - but your still not funny. 

See, I know he wasn't actually saying that Darnold is better than Johnny Unitas. But he's up in his feelings and can't rn with the word stuff. Get it?

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No I’m not saying that.  I’m saying Unitas probably does not put up a TD today either playing for this Jet team.

Also, would you say the 0-11 team has a better roster across the board than the Jets do?  I would.  So what does that say about what Darnold has to work with?  In your mind he is still supposed to win EVERY WEEK?

That “0-11” team is way better than the 4-8 Jets.

Yes, expecting him to affect the outcome of a game against a winless team with a terrible pass defense is exactly the same as saying he's always exclusively at fault if they don't win every single week. Totally unreasonable, really.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The thing is, the jets roster is still bottom 5 in the nfl.  This is why they’re picking in the top 6 nearly every year.  So it’s unreasonable to expect them to play head and shoulders above where their talent level is week in week out.  The bengals, to a man, are no worse than the jets.

They both have mostly crappy offensive lines, receivers, and pass defenses. The Jets have a much better run defense. Process of elimination here, where would you say that matchup is going to be won and lost, and how did that work out?

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets active roster is bad enough that a team like cincy can beat them if they play decent.  Talent wise, the jets OL is bottom 5, their wrs are bottom 10, their rbs are bottom 10.  There is no margin for error with bad teams.  If they play well you get the result vs the raiders.  If you suck you get today’s result.

Counterpoint: the question 'Is Sam Darnold good?' requires way too long an answer.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company