Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Just now, Beerfish said:

Hey we have no oline, no CBs, no outside pass rushers and lousy Wrs, our #3 overall Dt is a jag and oh our Qb is a bit inconsistent and our coach is fraud.

Other than that things are swell.

We’re playing a team that’s worse than us...there’s zero excuse.

any given Sunday I suppose.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

There’s a definite fugue state issue with Darnold. It’s like he Mentally shuts down every few weeks 

Yeah him, the coaching staff, and rest of the team.

Meanwhile the Dolphins are beating the Iggles,

The redskins are winning on the road,

and a QB nicknamed duck is beating the Browns.

lots of suicide pools are getting slaughtered.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There’s recent precedent of the Bengals and Bears offering enormous job security. The Chargers will have a new young QB. The Vikings have one of the best GMs in football. The Steelers are the Steelers. This is where I struggle with this whole line of argument: you agree that the Jets job is bottom-3 in the league, but then claim that somehow it won’t be if we keep Gase another year? I just don’t buy it. If Douglas is as advertised, he should have no problem finding a good coach, regardless of when he starts the search. If he’s not, the job will continue to be a graveyard regardless of when he starts the search. So just fire this dipsh*t now and let’s get going.

Douglas has zero power to fire, nor to hire a coach. The owner does.

you know this.

18 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Their point was you have to try and establish the run to open up the pass game even if it’s just 2.3 per attempt. They make a good point in that the Bengals are the worst run defense in the league and we have one of the best backs in the NFL,  and are underusing him. They blatantly pointed out Gase’s philosophy that he just throws way too much and doesn’t feature a running back in his offense. What’s the point in keeping Bell then. Either way, with such a putrid OL, the run or pass approach is equally mediocre. 

Bell hasn’t been the “difference maker” that everyone hoped he would be.

You’d expect that when Darnold went down with the mono, that everything would go through Bell. But it didn’t and it hasn’t thanks to a putrid OLine. So what’s more important, an OLine or a RB? Yes this is like the chicken or the egg thing.

In conclusion, we’ve lost with him on our roster and we could of lose just as many games  without him on our roster. He’s a luxury.

I would trade Bell for a sound 2nd round pick come this off season. ( please let there be a team stupid enough to do so!)

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company