Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Anderson has to haul in that pass from Darnold. The throw could have been better but Anderson gets paid to play too. Should have been a TD. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm the furthest thing from an Anderson defender, but that one is far more on Darnold.  It would've been an easy TD if not for the throw.

Anderson still has to catch that ball. It was definitely under thrown by Darnold but it hit Robby in the hands still. He gets paid to catch those passes.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

True, but the reality is Anderson is by no measure a #1 WR.  It's not that Anderson couldn't have been done better, but it's just a laughable concept for the expectation level to be held higher for Anderson than it is for Darnold.  It's really just a matter of some regularly feeling the need to treat Jets' QB's like china dolls.  It was an awfully great rush to point the finger elsewhere on a terrible throw.

It's not about not wanting to criticize Sam. He has to make a better throw. I think everyone agrees on that. But the reality is, not every pass is going to be a perfectly thrown ball. Receivers get paid to catch the ball and every pass isn't going to hit them in the chest. That catch has to be made in that spot. So did the one to Berrios which was right in his chest.

• Upvote 4

What is this teams obsession with trying to run the ball up the middle all game? These are the games that remind me of why I can't stand this coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I don't watch college football often, but comparing the officiating from CFB to the NFL makes these refs look like such a joke.

I actually think Joe Benigno's theory of the NFL refs wanting to be part of the story/game is accurate. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

Just getting out played and coached

As much as I can't stand Gase I'm looking for a reason to believe in him. But these are the games that just bring you back to reality. 

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company