Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Obviously, not happy with the way this is starting out.  Just lucky Cincinnati decided to go back to their vet starter this week.  No breaks.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Fair enough.  Perhaps it's simply my generally low opinion of Anderson that had me find it a bit surprising for some to seem to think of him as the more guilty party.  I expect better from Darnold.  Anderson, on the other hand, I would certainly like more, but that's pretty much on par with what we've seen for 4 years now.

Darnold was throwing into a pretty stiff wind in the 1st Q.  Probably why the throw hung up a little.

I want to stay positive, but this looks too much like Miami all over again.

• Upvote 1

You see the number on his back, so why do you block him?  Just stupid,

6 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

this game is over and nobody can see it

No.  Everybody sees it.  Only the willfully blind and uninitiated don’t.

Isn’t the defender entitled to his space?  I will never understand exactly what pass interference is in the NFL.

17-3.  Disaster.

I guess these blind penguins missed Montgomery being hit 5 yards out of bounds.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

That's kind of how I feel too. 0-11 seems to have more to do with Zac Taylor than anything else. I don't think Marvin Lewis is 0-11 with their team.

I’ve seen a handful of Bengal games.  They are playing out of their ass in this game.  They suck as bad as 0-11 makes them look.

Bengals are still #1 for the draft with a win.  They have a 2 game “lead”.

Coverage in the Jet secondary isn’t there consistently and when it is the tackling has been poor.  First guy or two either missing or failing to bring the receiver down allowing too many yards after catch.

Coverage in the Jet secondary isn’t there consistently and when it is the tackling has been poor.  First guy or two either missing or failing to bring the receiver down allowing too many yards after catch.

If that’s holding, the there’s holding on every play.  What a cheap ******* call.  We’re not helping ourselves but geez that’s just ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It’s not fixed. The refs are just incompetent.

I think it’s more that there’s just too many rules that call for an individual judgement.  It’s like lawyers wrote the rule book.  Let the children play.

Just now, TNJet said:

I'm about to turn this shjt off...

Unfortunately, no hockey game as an alternative like other weeks.

Looks to me like the failure here is in failing to get up for the game.  Whether that’s on the coaches, players or both, there’s just no fire.  Conditions are actually great for December, so can’t blame that.  Bengals want it more.

• Upvote 1

These guys in the booth must be the regular Bengals game crew.  They are lavishing praise on an 0-11... er, 1-11 team.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Feel bad for Sam.  His OL can’t block, when we get a big play it’s negated by a penalty, receivers have dropped balls all day

I feel bad for me.  Period.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still trying to figure out what the offensive game plan is supposed to be.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Funny.  Apologizing for profanity.  Ever taken a kid to a game?  I’ve seen fans tossing a blow up **** doll instead of beach balls at Jet games.  Might want to keep the kids off the school bus too.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I said this would be a bengals rout and i was right

Well, congratulation to you Einstein.

Uh oh.  Gase is on the bench checking his notes hoping for divine inspiration.  LOL.

Just now, FlightBoyz said:

Sam can't go to the bars making out with chicks anymore. This is unacceptable😉. The Jets lose when this sorta stuff happens.

Musta missed that.  Did the Post follow him into a bar last week?

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

That’s why the league fixes things so they win all the time

ROTLLMAO!

I have to think these officials have a different idea about what holding is than those officiating previous games.  Beacham has actually played pretty decently the last couple of weeks.  He can’t be holding on every friggin’ play.

Defenders hands were all over Anderson all the way but evidently that’s not PI.  Still haven’t heard a solid definition of PI.  Doesn’t exist, made up on the spot by each official I suppose.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company