Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Just now, TJ said:

This is so surprising.👀 

I mean with Dalton playing it shouldnt be. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

Let’s see Sam man ginger on  up and answer 

Dinking today

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

False. Darnold did his job by getting the ball to where Robby could catch it. If you can get two hands and your body on a ball, you can catch it. Darnold threw a duck, albeit a catchable duck, The goat on that play is Robby. 

It should have been caught. It was also a duck. His deep ball needs a ton of work. They tend to die.

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Anybody here still think this game is winnable for the Jets?

If the QB is as good as everyone thinks he is then yes.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah we know how you feel about Darnold. It would help if the OL could protect him and WR would stop dropping balls

Tell that to Dalton too. I think he's got it in him today as long as Gase stays aggressive.

Just now, Jets723 said:

That makes no sense. He has all the time in the world to pass AND our corners leave guys wide open

Dalton has two TD's dropped today. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Bell doing this hesitation sh*t is embarrassing 

Powell should play over him. Dancing going nowhere. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Calling penalties, often late, away from the ball, that have no impact on the play. Either that's incompetence or....something else? 

Big Picture, today; big market Jets giving points on the road with slim playoff chances against an 0-11 home dog. Much as I don't like it, unlikely this game really has any playoff impact. Not many eyeballs on this game nationwide. Figures to be a close game, getting points even better if you can shade things for the Bengals a bit. 

I mean its obviously something else. Jeezus and a safety now

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghost420 said:

Down 22 to 6 throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Gaae sucks more dick than the defense

Darnold has been playing wimpy ball today. That throw was him bailing out too soon.

Just now, Jets723 said:

Do you even watch the game?  

19 passes for 137 yards. Not great Bob.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Yes but it’s not his fault

We've moved into nothing ever being on the quarterback territory, which is great. As soon as the Jets fix every position on the roster, we'll be fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Do you take into account how awful the Oline is?  Like I said we know you hate Darnold but gotta be a little fair and factual.  Try watching the game man

The line isnt great. The expectations for Darnold are that he makes up for weaker positions. He doesnt make up for anything. He's been a HORRIFIC QB on the road. The constant excuses are irritating to read. Just look at the arm talent difference between Dalton and Darnold today. It's glaring.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I never complain about officiating. Today’s officiating was simply bizarre. There were two different calls against the Jets where they didn’t even throw the flag and then called the penalty a solid five seconds after the play was over, and both calls were extremely dubious. I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy thing; just that it was bad and bizarre

Agree here. Something felt off. And Bugg was right- a game that no one is watching involving an 0-11 team...the league isnt rooting for 0-16.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Or, if Sam is any good and deserving of a new contract, he elevates the team next year and it all becomes moot.

the elevating happens next year

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Don't forget the refs!

Had an entire second half to play from behind against a terrible secondary and faceplants. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Losing to the Dolphins n Bengals who had 0 wins certainly warrants a firing but we already know it ain't happening

I mean the Dolphins and Bengals both decided to play their professional level quarterbacks in the games against the Jets. The Jets on the road are a bad football team. The defense didnt get sacks, create turnovers in either game- which you need when you have to carry a poor offense.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We need a new OL to elevate Darnold, so he can elevate everyone else. Classic double elevator scenario

you know those guitars that are like double guitars?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Bart and Ray ripping Gase a new azzhole for his play calling.  Seems we’re stuck with Gase and his high flying offense.  Don’t really see things getting better anytime soon. Gase’s philosophy is to throw throw throw throw. At this point, I’d bring Rex’s ground and pound back. 

The Jets defense couldnt get off the field till like mid way through the 3rd qtr. They had no choice but to pass. The Jets got killed by penalties, field position, 3rd down defense. Dalton's a professional QB who can set protections and make throws. Add on the fact they were home and due- it's not exactly shocking. Darnold needs to put up mor than 6 points on 5 YPC.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They would have preferred more of Leveon Bell getting 2.3 ypc?

I mean the move may have been benching Leveon early for Powell and just running down hill. 

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

True, but it would appear that Leveon Bell is the last piece of scotch tape holding the locker room together. Benching him would invite mutiny, I’d imagine 

Boomer this morning was doing his typical Im not saying it but Im saying it thing with regards to Bell being a pain in the neck missing meetings etc. Who knows.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company