Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

We’re going to lose to an 0-11 team and people are seriously blaming the officials. This fanbase gets exactly what it deserves.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

Eat it. Nobody deserves this clownboy.

You’re right. This fanbase deserves worse.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

19 passes for 137 yards. Not great Bob.

Yes but it’s not his fault

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

We've moved into nothing ever being on the quarterback territory, which is great. As soon as the Jets fix every position on the roster, we'll be fine.

Sanchez circa 2012 vibes

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

The Brown family is very well liked by the NFL. But you would have to be over the age of 30 to know that.

That’s why the league fixes things so they win all the time

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I never complain about officiating. Today’s officiating was simply bizarre. There were two different calls against the Jets where they didn’t even throw the flag and then called the penalty a solid five seconds after the play was over, and both calls were extremely dubious. I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy thing; just that it was bad and bizarre

NFL officiating has reached a crisis point. All three phases no-showed today. Guess which one has a bigger impact on the outcome?

No just to prevent 0-16, genius. Math is tough eh? lol

Ugh, just our luck that we had to play an 0-11 team. We can’t catch a break

The NFL knew that this was THE game. Did we suck today? yes. But the refs helped. Actually watching the game helps. 

I don’t own a TV

Just now, T0mShane said:

Carl who

Just say it. Just say “firing Adam Gase doesn’t make the Jets better.” You know you want to.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m saying that the only way out of this mess is tolerating Gase for another calendar year and then look to replace him when you’re not competing with the Redskins for the right to interview Rob Ryan 

There will be just as many jobs open in 2021, and just as many of them will be more appealing than the Jets.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Jobs conceivably open* in 2021: Bengals, Steelers, Chargers, Vikings, Bears, Jets.

*Team is bad this year with a non-rookie HC, who could struggle next year

Yes, and?

Just now, Matt39 said:

the elevating happens next year

We need a new OL to elevate Darnold, so he can elevate everyone else. Classic double elevator scenario

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those are similarly bad, rebuilding jobs for franchises (excluding the Steelers) that are bad. A much more favorable environment to attract a Good Coach.

There’s recent precedent of the Bengals and Bears offering enormous job security. The Chargers will have a new young QB. The Vikings have one of the best GMs in football. The Steelers are the Steelers. This is where I struggle with this whole line of argument: you agree that the Jets job is bottom-3 in the league, but then claim that somehow it won’t be if we keep Gase another year? I just don’t buy it. If Douglas is as advertised, he should have no problem finding a good coach, regardless of when he starts the search. If he’s not, the job will continue to be a graveyard regardless of when he starts the search. So just fire this dipsh*t now and let’s get going.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company