Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

It's amazing to think that, even without Herndon, this is still easily one of the strongest TE groups (in terms of depth) the Jets have had in a very long time.

Ficken should be an ERFA after this year, right?  While there should certainly be competition, he should get another chance next camp / preseason after the series of disasters that preceded him.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Anderson has to haul in that pass from Darnold. The throw could have been better but Anderson gets paid to play too. Should have been a TD. 

I'm the furthest thing from an Anderson defender, but that one is far more on Darnold.  It would've been an easy TD if not for the throw.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Anderson still has to catch that ball. It was definitely under thrown by Darnold but it hit Robby in the hands still. He gets paid to catch those passes.

9 minutes ago, rldev said:

Anderson needs to make that catch. QB's don't always throw perfect passes. The ball was in his hands. Should it have been a better throw, sure. But those catches are made every week.

8 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A bad throw by Darnold doesn't excuse dropping a catchable ball. That was more on the guy who dropped a catchable pass. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The throw sucked and Darnold needs to be better, but a #1 receiver bodies the CB and either gets the TD or a flag there 

True, but the reality is Anderson is by no measure a #1 WR.  It's not that Anderson couldn't have been done better, but it's just a laughable concept for the expectation level to be held higher for Anderson than it is for Darnold.  It's really just a matter of some regularly feeling the need to treat Jets' QB's like china dolls.  It was an awfully great rush to point the finger elsewhere on a terrible throw.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Darnold threw a bad pass. Robby has to catch that. 

Fair enough.  Perhaps it's simply my generally low opinion of Anderson that had me find it a bit surprising for some to seem to think of him as the more guilty party.  I expect better from Darnold.  Anderson, on the other hand, I would certainly like more, but that's pretty much on par with what we've seen for 4 years now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

wow these bengals wr's really suck right rich cimini?

In fairness, success against the Jets doesn't necessarily disprove a player's suckiness.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

CBS with their Z class broadcast team for this one.

Seriously.

Still not as bad as the Monday night crew though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least all the playoffs talk can finally come to an end around here.

Does that mean we can resume the fire Gase talks?  Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

You’re right. This fanbase deserves worse.

Sorry, but there can only be so many circles of hell.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Head coach sitting on the bench during the play?

That's because he's really just a glorified offensive coordinator.  It's been made pretty clear for a while now that Williams and Boyer are running things solo on their ends.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company