Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

The Popeye’s chicken sandwich is very good. It wasn’t just internet hype. A great sandwich omg 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, yes it is. Kleenex worthy 

So good from first bite to last 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Spicy one tastes better than the reg. 

I mean it’s a pretty simple sandwich. Pickles and some zest sauce.

agree though good sandwich.

I had the spicy 

cc: @GATA

• Haha 1

Many, many good signs so far. They’re protecting Darnold and chasing Dalton around. Proper football

• Upvote 3

Can someone tell me if anyone famous was a “Masked Singer”?

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm the furthest thing from an Anderson defender, but that one is far more on Darnold.  It would've been an easy TD if not for the throw.

The throw sucked and Darnold needs to be better, but a #1 receiver bodies the CB and either gets the TD or a flag there 

• Upvote 1

I hate to inform you that Danny Dimes is going to be very, very good 

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What's up with Poole? No sound on TV here.

“Head injury”

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

True, but the reality is Anderson is by no measure a #1 WR.  It's not that Anderson couldn't have been done better, but it's just a laughable concept for the expectation level to be held higher for Anderson than it is for Darnold.  It's really just a matter of some regularly feeling the need to treat Jets' QB's like china dolls.  It was an awfully great rush to point the finger elsewhere on a terrible throw.

100%. It’s infinitely more annoying that Darnold missed him than it is that Anderson didn’t make the play. 

• Upvote 2

Darnold is having one of those days where he forgets how to play quarterback 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

So what’s the determination here?  Because Sam didn’t throw a perfect pass and because Robby didn’t hold on, Sam sucks?

Just want to make sure I’m keeping up 

He threw a bad pass and cost his offense a touchdown 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

The famous and hailed 2019 bengals defense is sticking it to us 

They’ve been tough the last two games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Every pressure you bring Adams he gets picked up by an extra blocker... the same thing happened last week for a first down throw.  They are exposing your secondary... bring that late safety bltiz doesn't do sh*t.

If we’re down to playing street free agent CBs, it might be time to ask Adams to pick up one of these receivers in coverage today. Let someone else rush the passer 

• Upvote 1

I like this. They know Darnold has his head up his ass, so they go hurry up featuring the running game. Shake off the cobwebs 

Just now, The Crimson King said:

why is Hewitt covering a WR?

(Because the safety blitzed)

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Big second half ahead for both Gase and Gregg Williams. Dalton’s been getting lucky on a bunch of these plays, but this defense is getting handled after jerking themselves off all week about being “top ten.” The offense hasn’t played badly, but they’re a dropped pass and a bad blocking in the back call away from being up 21-17

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Troy Aikman has been calling this out all season. The refs are absolutely destroying games every week, and for no reason. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, PS17 said:

He’s the only one. Every other chickensh*t analyst says “wow, another costly penalty. It’s a close call but the lineman didn’t need to do that.” stfu

The two blocking in the back calls and that holding call weren’t even on blocks that factored into the play

• Post of the Week 1

The ref isn’t even throwing the flag until he sees the result of the play. I’ve never seen that before 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

To preempt the “fireeeee Gaaaaase” theme of the week, be aware that the following jobs are almost guaranteed to be open: Cowboys; Giants; Jacksonville; Detroit; Falcons; Redskins. All but the Redskins and maybe Jacksonville are currently better jobs than the Jets. The pickings were slim this offseason and they’ll be even slimmer this coming offseason. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

The NFL continuing its longstanding officiating conspiracy to protect its marquee franchise, the [squints at cue card] Cincinnati Bengals

I never complain about officiating. Today’s officiating was simply bizarre. There were two different calls against the Jets where they didn’t even throw the flag and then called the penalty a solid five seconds after the play was over, and both calls were extremely dubious. I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy thing; just that it was bad and bizarre

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Agree here. Something felt off. And Bugg was right- a game that no one is watching involving an 0-11 team...the league isnt rooting for 0-16.

The head ref is at midfield signaling to the Bengals HC that he should decline a holding penalty on the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

NFL officiating has reached a crisis point. All three phases no-showed today. Guess which one has a bigger impact on the outcome?

Oh word?

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Sam needs to learn how to run with the football: man that kid is scared 

There’s a definite fugue state issue with Darnold. It’s like he Mentally shuts down every few weeks 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who cares? Honestly, he’s not the guy. This organization needs to get it together. The pickings are only slim if you can’t identify good coaches. 

Carl who

Just now, dbatesman said:

Just say it. Just say “firing Adam Gase doesn’t make the Jets better.” You know you want to.

I’m saying that the only way out of this mess is tolerating Gase for another calendar year and then look to replace him when you’re not competing with the Redskins for the right to interview Rob Ryan 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company