Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Best thread ever. And that includes that damned Wes Welker thread that I just noticed is back. Hahaha.

If Gase has a brain, and we will find out tomorrow, Bell AND Powell should have over 20 carries each. The Bengals run defenders are a complete sieve and this is a game to keep Sam healthy with a few well timed play action strikes. Sam should have 150 yds passing and the RB’s should get the work load.

Jets 34
Bungles- 9

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Like 1

The problem is that Gase is playing the worst run defense in the league with a pass heavy attack. The first 5 plays were 4 passes. It’s the wrong approach and it’s where everything starts.

We need to settle it down and run 4 yards a clip all day. That’s the winning game plan and were not doing it. It’s mind numbing.

Is anybody really surprised by this?

Not really. Of course I chose to allow myself to buy in so I could have a fun week, but this is exactly what all of us were taking about.

It’s funny when jets players start saying the same old jets thing isn’t real. It doesn’t matter what players it coaches are here. The same old jets thing is very real and they should either come out and play inspired football or shut the hell up. They have no idea what it’s like living with this crap.

• Upvote 2

While I agree that a 3rd overall pick should have an immediate impact, some defensive greats take time to develop. The kid is young, and has shown that he has the ability to push two linemen into the QB. 
I share your frustration with Macc picking a DL. I share your frustration that QW has not played up to his potential, but I do not for a second think that he is a bust. He is not Leo. 

Right. This stuff needs to stop already. It’s virtually impossible to label anyone a bust in the middle of their first season. Sure you can guess and have a 50% chance of being right but it’s just silly to do.

I guess 50/50 odds are good enough to motivate complaining.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Listen back in the day on JI.com our butcher with a bowling ball guy picked like 3 rd overall went through his whole training camp without a single mention in the press. Imagine a  top 5 pick with zero comments all summer long.
so, before the season started i started a thread calling him a bust. Madness ensued.....
loo what happened to dwayne.

im telling you, you can rationalize it all u want but QW is at least most likely a bust

Cool. So you’re a mystic. I was unaware. Sorry about that.
I had no idea of your record on such things. lol

Dude, again we are all watching the same thing. We’re all disappointed in many aspects of this season. It’s is impossible to label anyone a bust this early in their career.
I do hear what you’re saying but it’s just not founded no matter your previous guesses being right or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Scale of 1-100, what is your grade on QW in 2019 to-date only?

Hmmm. I’m unprepared for such an answer. Let’s just say it’s low.

• Upvote 1

Lolz no im no soothsayer.

look man, lets be real. It doesnt look good for QW. He MAY be a bust ok

Ahhh. Yes. Now THiS I can get behind. I’m in

Buuuut... He may be a HOF player too. We just can’t say. Haha. Just bustin

Or we can accept that the worst OL in the NFL is not capable of consistent performances.

This. If everyone was watching the same game I watched, this would be what everyone is talking about on offense.

Lots of blame to go around...I'll just name two with the first going back to last week.  The Raiders dropped a lot of passes last week...Jets were lucky in that regard.  Two, DC Williams is now 1-4 against an Andy Dalton led offense.  The bottom line and a lot of fans (especially the younger fans), it's the SOJ...they have a history of losing games like this.

And that’s the overwhelming arc of the story that so many wish to overlook. This is quite simply a game that all seasoned Jets fans saw coming a mile away.
Sure we rooted and sure we hoped but from the first Leveon Bell drop on play one of the game, most of us knew this one was over.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company