### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd be a good bit more worried if Marvin Lewis were still the HC.  The Lewis/Dalton combo has owned us over the years.  

They're still dangerous to us without Lewis and with Dalton coming back this week.  But their O-Line and defense is just so bad.  We can't lose to them the way we've been playing.....right?  This will be a test of just how Jetsy this team is....

Would be an incredibly Jetsy loss.

When I heard Dalton was starting, I was concerned.

But I am really starting to feel that Darnold has a legit chance to be the anti-SOJ serum we have needed since 1969. 

• Sympathy 1

Best thread ever. And that includes that damned Wes Welker thread that I just noticed is back. Hahaha.

If Gase has a brain, and we will find out tomorrow, Bell AND Powell should have over 20 carries each. The Bengals run defenders are a complete sieve and this is a game to keep Sam healthy with a few well timed play action strikes. Sam should have 150 yds passing and the RB’s should get the work load.

Jets 34
Bungles- 9

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

I'm legit worried about this game.

Once again I'm worried because of offensive lines... The Bengal's line isn't terrible. A starter or two has gotten healthy and they've been decent... With no pass rush, all they have to be is decent to give Dalton time to throw... He still has enough in the tank to pick a bad secondary apart...

On the other side, the Bengals have at least 3 sacks in each of their last 3 games. They've also forced 4 turnovers in the last 3 games. They're just playing a lot better all the sudden on defense.

I do think the Jets will win. I think the Jets improved secondary play will get another turnover at a really opportune time and we'll all exhale a little... But by no means is this a walk-in-the-park game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1