Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Just now, pdxgreen said:

It doesn't even have to be something that would alert the tin foil hat brigade.  What was the line on the game?  Did you see Donaghey's interview? It can literally be ANYTHING.  He didn't even make bets on big games... it was on ones that people weren't paying attention to.

It honestly wouldn't shock me one bit. A game like today just fuels that sort of thinking. They're legit waiting until the play has occurred to throw a flag.... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least all the playoffs talk can finally come to an end around here.

Does that mean we can resume the fire Gase talks?  Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would they be fixing a game between an 0-11 and 4-7 team? The gambling money?

It's the only way some people can wrap their heads around this elite 4-7 Jets team loosing to a winless team like the Bengals. I mean, the Jets could never on their own loose to a winless team.

• Like 1

I mean I completely expected this. I always expect this. People complain about those who claim Same Old Jets. But after something like today, isn't it true. This is the Jets all of us have been fans of since the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, doesn't matter. its always the same. and it will be no matter who the QB is or who the coach is, or who the owners are. 

This today, is exactly what the jets are and always will be. 

Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would they be fixing a game between an 0-11 and 4-7 team? The gambling money?

Because of the legendary Brown family do NOT want to go 0-16 and the NFL agrees.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

The last three years when some of us were screaming for mccgnan to fix the oline we had a nice group of the sunshine squaders on here saying the oline was 'serviceable'.  A large middle finger to them.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The ref isn’t even throwing the flag until he sees the result of the play. I’ve never seen that before 

I think that’s been going on for awhile 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean that is by far and away the most common reason any sports fixtures are fixed. 

Feel bad for Sam.  His OL can’t block, when we get a big play it’s negated by a penalty, receivers have dropped balls all day

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Bench Beachum.he has screwed up enough for thebrest of the season in one game

He's been the only halfway competent LT we have. In fact, the offense has been dramatically better when he's in there.

The fact that he isn't actually good doesn't change the fact that we can't afford to bench him. We just need to improve the offensive line across the board.

• Upvote 1

Looks to me like the failure here is in failing to get up for the game.  Whether that’s on the coaches, players or both, there’s just no fire.  Conditions are actually great for December, so can’t blame that.  Bengals want it more.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Wtf has Adams been in coverage all day?? He sucks if he's not in the box...

Because our already crap secondary is decimated by injuries, and we need our Super Duper All World safety to play safety.

• Like 1

This just must be the best 0-11 team in the history of the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone who has been defending Q Williams should take a close look at this game. Not saying he won’t get good, maybe he will, but he lacks strength and is essentially invisible out there. As of now, we drafted StayPuff at #3. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Hahahahaha it’s actually comical.  

Just now, Beerfish said:

The last three years when some of us were screaming for mccgnan to fix the oline we had a nice group of the sunshine squaders on here saying the oline was 'serviceable'.  A large middle finger to them.

Go back and look at my post history going back that long.  You will find another story my friend.

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

It doesn't even have to be something that would alert the tin foil hat brigade.  What was the line on the game?  Did you see Donaghey's interview? It can literally be ANYTHING.  He didn't even make bets on big games... it was on ones that people weren't paying attention to.

Exactly. You don't fix the Super Bowl, you fix a game away from the limelight. And this game screamed that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Use every dollar and every pick on OLine help. I just can't watch this anymore. 

Douglas and gase will. Going to chase after OL hard in draft and FA next 2-3 yrs. if Bowles and Mac were still here, we will still be chasing DLs who don’t rush the qb and completely ignore OL as usual. 

• Upvote 1

So many Jets fans are so desperate that they actually think that obvious hold was  abad call.

Can we have an adult only forum?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Nobody said the OL was serviceable.  99 percent of people on here have said the OL needed to be fixed

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

These guys in the booth must be the regular Bengals game crew.  They are lavishing praise on an 0-11... er, 1-11 team.