### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

Well, if nothing else, the notion that Harrison is "awesome" should be exploded.  There was actually a thread this week arguing that he's good and is the reason the Jets OL has been better.  Yeah, and another that Beachum is okay at LT.  No, the entire OL stinks.  All of them.

LT and C should be the Jets first two draft choices.  Then another OL in the mid rounds, and hopefully a decent free agent G.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

My two biggest takeaways...

1. Douglas is a dickbag if he doesn’t sink nearly every available resource into the OL

2. No way in hell should the Jets pay Robby $10-12 million a year. Let him walk straight out the door.

Shouldn't takeaways be stated after the fact?

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

The NFL continuing its longstanding officiating conspiracy to protect its marquee franchise, the [squints at cue card] Cincinnati Bengals

The Brown family is very well liked by the NFL. But you would have to be over the age of 30 to know that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

How exactly is this Darnold's fault today? 4 or 5 drops, can't run the ball, can't pass protect. Fing disgrace. 

Compton and Beachum have been pathetic. These 2 singlehandedly have caused this atrocity. Couple that with being unable to even get a whiff of Dalton,  and they’re turning him into  Dan Marino. Just how many 3rd down and long have they given up today? I lost count.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To preempt the “fireeeee Gaaaaase” theme of the week, be aware that the following jobs are almost guaranteed to be open: Cowboys; Giants; Jacksonville; Detroit; Falcons; Redskins. All but the Redskins and maybe Jacksonville are currently better jobs than the Jets. The pickings were slim this offseason and they’ll be even slimmer this coming offseason. 

Eff gase, that is all.  Cross eyed f^&* doesn't belong on an NFL staff, much less HC.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

The NFL continuing its longstanding officiating conspiracy to protect its marquee franchise, the [squints at cue card] Cincinnati Bengals

I never complain about officiating. Today’s officiating was simply bizarre. There were two different calls against the Jets where they didn’t even throw the flag and then called the penalty a solid five seconds after the play was over, and both calls were extremely dubious. I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy thing; just that it was bad and bizarre

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Do you take into account how awful the Oline is?  Like I said we know you hate Darnold but gotta be a little fair and factual.  Try watching the game man

The line isnt great. The expectations for Darnold are that he makes up for weaker positions. He doesnt make up for anything. He's been a HORRIFIC QB on the road. The constant excuses are irritating to read. Just look at the arm talent difference between Dalton and Darnold today. It's glaring.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8