Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Down 22 to 6 throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Gaae sucks more dick than the defense

Darnold drops back on the next play and gets crushed. There's no time to run anything else.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

My only hope for this game is that Gase tells Goodell to get his sh*t in order at the post game presser. I mean call a fair game or get the hell out of the way. 

If the Jets were doing anything on offense this would be valid. But they aren’t, so the coach should focus on his play calling first.

Just now, T0mShane said:

To preempt the “fireeeee Gaaaaase” theme of the week, be aware that the following jobs are almost guaranteed to be open: Cowboys; Giants; Jacksonville; Detroit; Falcons; Redskins. All but the Redskins and maybe Jacksonville are currently better jobs than the Jets. The pickings were slim this offseason and they’ll be even slimmer this coming offseason. 

It doesn't matter. This franchise will always be fail. Its an excercise in futility.  Nobody born after about 1983 has an excuse for rooting for this garbage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think I'm gonna send Darnold a nice call-girl to cheer him up after this loss.

I recommend Gianna Michaels.

Well, if nothing else, the notion that Harrison is "awesome" should be exploded.  There was actually a thread this week arguing that he's good and is the reason the Jets OL has been better.  Yeah, and another that Beachum is okay at LT.  No, the entire OL stinks.  All of them.

LT and C should be the Jets first two draft choices.  Then another OL in the mid rounds, and hopefully a decent free agent G.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

19 passes for 137 yards. Not great Bob.

Do you take into account how awful the Oline is?  Like I said we know you hate Darnold but gotta be a little fair and factual.  Try watching the game man

• Upvote 2

Just now, kevinc855 said:

We will lose this game and then beat the ravens...because...jets 

Nope. We won't win 1 game on the road this year. 

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

My two biggest takeaways...

1. Douglas is a dickbag if he doesn’t sink nearly every available resource into the OL

2. No way in hell should the Jets pay Robby $10-12 million a year. Let him walk straight out the door.

Shouldn't takeaways be stated after the fact?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We’re on our way to being the only team in NFL history to lose to two 0-7 or worse teams in one season.

Epic.

#JettingUptheRecordBooks

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Sam can't go to the bars making out with chicks anymore. This is unacceptable😉. The Jets lose when this sorta stuff happens.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

The NFL continuing its longstanding officiating conspiracy to protect its marquee franchise, the [squints at cue card] Cincinnati Bengals

The Brown family is very well liked by the NFL. But you would have to be over the age of 30 to know that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

How exactly is this Darnold's fault today? 4 or 5 drops, can't run the ball, can't pass protect. Fing disgrace. 

Compton and Beachum have been pathetic. These 2 singlehandedly have caused this atrocity. Couple that with being unable to even get a whiff of Dalton,  and they’re turning him into  Dan Marino. Just how many 3rd down and long have they given up today? I lost count.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

Yes but it’s not his fault

We've moved into nothing ever being on the quarterback territory, which is great. As soon as the Jets fix every position on the roster, we'll be fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

This is why as a Jet fan you never bet for or against the Jets. When you're totally disgusted with them, they finally pull out a win. When you let an invidious sliver of optimism slip in, they lay a massive greasy turd.

Don’t worry fellas.  We’ll beat the Ravens in a few weeks to help the Pats lock up home field advantage in the playoffs. 

i wanted to point out how Adams leadership is underestimated...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To preempt the “fireeeee Gaaaaase” theme of the week, be aware that the following jobs are almost guaranteed to be open: Cowboys; Giants; Jacksonville; Detroit; Falcons; Redskins. All but the Redskins and maybe Jacksonville are currently better jobs than the Jets. The pickings were slim this offseason and they’ll be even slimmer this coming offseason. 

Eff gase, that is all.  Cross eyed f^&* doesn't belong on an NFL staff, much less HC.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

The NFL continuing its longstanding officiating conspiracy to protect its marquee franchise, the [squints at cue card] Cincinnati Bengals

I never complain about officiating. Today’s officiating was simply bizarre. There were two different calls against the Jets where they didn’t even throw the flag and then called the penalty a solid five seconds after the play was over, and both calls were extremely dubious. I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy thing; just that it was bad and bizarre

• Upvote 2

Just now, Irktusk1957 said:

Shouldn't takeaways be stated after the fact?

What should I be waiting for, exactly?

This OL is horrendous and Robby would be no more than a 3rd option on any team with a solid receiving corps.

Just now, Matt39 said:

We've moved into nothing ever being on the quarterback territory, which is great. As soon as the Jets fix every position on the roster, we'll be fine.

Sanchez circa 2012 vibes

• Upvote 1

Just now, FlightBoyz said:

Sam can't go to the bars making out with chicks anymore. This is unacceptable😉. The Jets lose when this sorta stuff happens.

Musta missed that.  Did the Post follow him into a bar last week?