### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

19 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

My 11yr old son just looked at me after throwing his $40 hat to the floor and said. “How did you remain sane watching ‘THIS’ for so long?” Haha.

I honestly don’t know son. I just don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

GB, I love your stuff, bro. I have a 10 and 8 year old. I told them to root for Anyone...other than the Jets or Pats 

My 8 year old will wind up a Jets fan because...he just will.

My 10 year old doesn't give F#CK about Football.  He loves Luke Skywalker (yeah, poor kid) and The First Infantry Division. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those are similarly bad, rebuilding jobs for franchises (excluding the Steelers) that are bad. A much more favorable environment to attract a Good Coach.

There’s recent precedent of the Bengals and Bears offering enormous job security. The Chargers will have a new young QB. The Vikings have one of the best GMs in football. The Steelers are the Steelers. This is where I struggle with this whole line of argument: you agree that the Jets job is bottom-3 in the league, but then claim that somehow it won’t be if we keep Gase another year? I just don’t buy it. If Douglas is as advertised, he should have no problem finding a good coach, regardless of when he starts the search. If he’s not, the job will continue to be a graveyard regardless of when he starts the search. So just fire this dipsh*t now and let’s get going.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You don't throw it away on 4th and 10. You throw up a prayer. It's just stupid.

You would have killed him if he threw a pick there... just like people killed him for similar Ints in the pats game 

Lots of blame to go around...I'll just name two with the first going back to last week.  The Raiders dropped a lot of passes last week...Jets were lucky in that regard.  Two, DC Williams is now 1-4 against an Andy Dalton led offense.  The bottom line and a lot of fans (especially the younger fans), it's the SOJ...they have a history of losing games like this.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

GB, I love your stuff, bro. I have a 10 and 8 year old. I told them to root for ANYONE other than the Jets or Pats 

My 8 year old will wind up a Jets fan because...he just will.

My 10 year old doesn't give F#CK about Football.  He loves Luke Skywalker (yeah, poor kid) and The First Infantry Division. 

He's gunna have his mind blown when he gets old enough to see Sam Fuller's The Big Red One.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m saying that the only way out of this mess is tolerating Gase for another calendar year and then look to replace him when you’re not competing with the Redskins for the right to interview Rob Ryan 

I want to respond to this but I need to think about what I want to say and how I want to say it. For now are you nuts. 

Lots of blame to go around...I'll just name two with the first going back to last week.  The Raiders dropped a lot of passes last week...Jets were lucky in that regard.  Two, DC Williams is now 1-4 against an Andy Dalton led offense.  The bottom line and a lot of fans (especially the younger fans), it's the SOJ...they have a history of losing games like this.

And that’s the overwhelming arc of the story that so many wish to overlook. This is quite simply a game that all seasoned Jets fans saw coming a mile away.
Sure we rooted and sure we hoped but from the first Leveon Bell drop on play one of the game, most of us knew this one was over.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Again.  Facts are hard things.  I don’t think the facts support the idea that Gase is a good offensive coach, let alone great.  Poor game plan out of the blocks ( no outside rushing where others destroyed the Bengals all year) and zero adjustments for the O line or the game plan (like planned roll outs for Darnold to get away from the rush or to improve the rhythm of the O.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Losing to the Dolphins n Bengals who had 0 wins certainly warrants a firing but we already know it ain't happening

I mean the Dolphins and Bengals both decided to play their professional level quarterbacks in the games against the Jets. The Jets on the road are a bad football team. The defense didnt get sacks, create turnovers in either game- which you need when you have to carry a poor offense.

• Upvote 1