Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

the elevating happens next year

It’s funny last week you were nowhere to be found. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, shuler82 said:

If you didn't see this coming, you haven't been watching this franchise for very long. 

I actually threw on a jersey to watch this one. As I was putting it on I thought to myself this is going to end horribly.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Don't forget the refs!

Had an entire second half to play from behind against a terrible secondary and faceplants. 

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

That was an absolutely disgraceful effort in a season full of them. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than watch this again. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

How the f*** did this team look so good last week?

I'm so confused.

SOJ

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Throws it away on 4th and 10. Awesome.

It was that or a pick.

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

That was an absolutely disgraceful effort in a season full of them. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than watch this again. 

👍

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The Bengals figured out that if you keep the back in to block the strong safety, the defense has no other tricks up its sleeve

and the back aint Saquon Barkley on one leg and the qb aint a rookie Danny Mr Hold it too Long Dimes

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

My 11yr old son just looked at me after throwing his $40 hat to the floor and said. “How did you remain sane watching ‘THIS’ for so long?” Haha.

I honestly don’t know son. I just don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

GB, I love your stuff, bro. I have a 10 and 8 year old. I told them to root for Anyone...other than the Jets or Pats 

My 8 year old will wind up a Jets fan because...he just will.

My 10 year old doesn't give F#CK about Football.  He loves Luke Skywalker (yeah, poor kid) and The First Infantry Division. 

Just now, TNJet said:

Prez was beast today...oh no he wasn't.

He’s going to go light on the Insta this week, the poor guy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I actually threw on a jersey to watch this one. As I was putting it on I thought to myself this is going to end horribly.

Wore my shirt on the way back from Philly this morning. I got what I deserved. 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

You don't throw it away on 4th and 10. You throw up a prayer. It's just stupid.

It isn’t stupid.  I’d rather him get used to throwing it away instead of forcing it 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

The whole team was stupid today. No justice in a hail marry. Even if we scored we lose.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those are similarly bad, rebuilding jobs for franchises (excluding the Steelers) that are bad. A much more favorable environment to attract a Good Coach.

There’s recent precedent of the Bengals and Bears offering enormous job security. The Chargers will have a new young QB. The Vikings have one of the best GMs in football. The Steelers are the Steelers. This is where I struggle with this whole line of argument: you agree that the Jets job is bottom-3 in the league, but then claim that somehow it won’t be if we keep Gase another year? I just don’t buy it. If Douglas is as advertised, he should have no problem finding a good coach, regardless of when he starts the search. If he’s not, the job will continue to be a graveyard regardless of when he starts the search. So just fire this dipsh*t now and let’s get going.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

He’s going to go light on the Insta this week, the poor guy 

Doubt it. I'm sure he will start a jabber jaw fest with one of the refs on Twitter.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You would have killed him if he threw a pick there... just like people killed him for similar Ints in the pats game 

Lots of blame to go around...I'll just name two with the first going back to last week.  The Raiders dropped a lot of passes last week...Jets were lucky in that regard.  Two, DC Williams is now 1-4 against an Andy Dalton led offense.  The bottom line and a lot of fans (especially the younger fans), it's the SOJ...they have a history of losing games like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

GB, I love your stuff, bro. I have a 10 and 8 year old. I told them to root for ANYONE other than the Jets or Pats 

My 8 year old will wind up a Jets fan because...he just will.

My 10 year old doesn't give F#CK about Football.  He loves Luke Skywalker (yeah, poor kid) and The First Infantry Division. 

He's gunna have his mind blown when he gets old enough to see Sam Fuller's The Big Red One.

• Like 1

and now we know why tickets were selling for $12 - Bengals did not want 0-16 so they bring back Dalton to be the hero - franchise record for TD's -  wonder if he gets signed as a backup next year

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m saying that the only way out of this mess is tolerating Gase for another calendar year and then look to replace him when you’re not competing with the Redskins for the right to interview Rob Ryan 

I want to respond to this but I need to think about what I want to say and how I want to say it. For now are you nuts. 

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

Horrible game and zero effort. OL sux. HC sux.

OL played one of the worst games I’ve ever seen.  It’s literally like nobody lined up. In fact it might have been better if they didn’t lol

• Upvote 1