### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

39 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Great Post.  Unfortunately that dude doesn’t know how football works lol

Thanks, and for full disclosure, I’m a huge Darnold fan, but sometimes you have to get the haters to at the very least acknowledge reality.

Youve got a young QB who has a line in front of him that can’t even block to get Bell 3 yards a carry hahaha.  What’d they have 10 Holding penalties today?  Gee how come Darnold can’t come up with any drives?  Gee how come he can’t win every game?

You just saw the Jets get their as*es kicked, in ALL 3 phases of the game...by an 0-11 team.

Would you say that 0-11 team has hands down a better Roster than the Jets?  I would.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

We lose to an 0-11 team and your takeaway from this is that Sam Darnold is six points better than Johnny Unitas. Sounds about right.

No I’m not saying that.  I’m saying Unitas probably does not put up a TD today either playing for this Jet team.

Also, would you say the 0-11 team has a better roster across the board than the Jets do?  I would.  So what does that say about what Darnold has to work with?  In your mind he is still supposed to win EVERY WEEK?

That “0-11” team is way better than the 4-8 Jets.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Thanks, and for full disclosure, I’m a huge Darnold fan, but sometimes you have to get the haters to at the very least acknowledge reality.

Youve got a young QB who has a line in front of him that can’t even block to get Bell 3 yards a carry hahaha.  What’d they have 10 Holding penalties today?  Gee how come Darnold can’t come up with any drives?  Gee how come he can’t win every game?

You just saw the Jets get their as*es kicked, in ALL 3 phases of the game...by an 0-11 team.

Would you say that 0-11 team has hands down a better Roster than the Jets?  I would.

The thing is, the jets roster is still bottom 5 in the nfl.  This is why they’re picking in the top 6 nearly every year.  So it’s unreasonable to expect them to play head and shoulders above where their talent level is week in week out.  The bengals, to a man, are no worse than the jets.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No I’m not saying that.  I’m saying Unitas probably does not put up a TD today either playing for this Jet team.

Also, would you say the 0-11 team has a better roster across the board than the Jets do?  I would.  So what does that say about what Darnold has to work with?  In your mind he is still supposed to win EVERY WEEK?

That “0-11” team is way better than the 4-8 Jets.

Yes, expecting him to affect the outcome of a game against a winless team with a terrible pass defense is exactly the same as saying he's always exclusively at fault if they don't win every single week. Totally unreasonable, really.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The thing is, the jets roster is still bottom 5 in the nfl.  This is why they’re picking in the top 6 nearly every year.  So it’s unreasonable to expect them to play head and shoulders above where their talent level is week in week out.  The bengals, to a man, are no worse than the jets.

They both have mostly crappy offensive lines, receivers, and pass defenses. The Jets have a much better run defense. Process of elimination here, where would you say that matchup is going to be won and lost, and how did that work out?

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

They both have mostly crappy offensive lines, receivers, and pass defenses. The Jets have a much better run defense. Process of elimination here, where would you say that matchup is going to be won and lost, and how did that work out?

The jets active roster is bad enough that a team like cincy can beat them if they play decent.  Talent wise, the jets OL is bottom 5, their wrs are bottom 10, their rbs are bottom 10.  There is no margin for error with bad teams.  If they play well you get the result vs the raiders.  If you suck you get today’s result.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets active roster is bad enough that a team like cincy can beat them if they play decent.  Talent wise, the jets OL is bottom 5, their wrs are bottom 10, their rbs are bottom 10.  There is no margin for error with bad teams.  If they play well you get the result vs the raiders.  If you suck you get today’s result.

Counterpoint: the question 'Is Sam Darnold good?' requires way too long an answer.

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yes, expecting him to affect the outcome of a game against a winless team with a terrible pass defense is exactly the same as saying he's always exclusively at fault if they don't win every single week. Totally unreasonable, really.

The “terrible” pass D could never be exploited today, why?

Is the “winless” team actually better than the 4 win Jets?  They have played many close games this year against some of the better teams in a league with NOT MANY good teams.

I wasn’t sure this team was capable of playing well 4 games in a row, I didn’t think so. So they came out flat. Also you can’t win when you have such poor field position regularly. It led to a safety.  I think the announcer said the Jets lead the league in bad field position. How’s about a few punt returns for a change. Last week after a W against the Raiders reportedly Jets players went out partying. A team with at that time a 4-7 record. It looked it on the field today. Not much to party about. 

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Years of horrible drafting caught up

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

The guys who lost this game for the Jets today are

• Beachum
  • Compton
  • Shell
  • Harrison

In that order.  These guys stole money from the Jets today.  They were disgusting.  

Trade Adams to the Cowboys for Zack Martin straight up and draft Andrew Thomas

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The Bengals are a terrible team across the board. Had they lost, Dalton would have been 'not the problem.' If you want to gush about how Darnold supposedly shows flashes of being special, you can just shut up and take it when he fails to even show flashes of game manager.

Here in Cincinnati when we lose Andy Dalton always gets the blame.  It’s terrible and unfair.  Our defense can leak like an overfilled diaper and some fans still point to Dalton.  It’s the weirdest phobia I’ve ever seen in football.  I was at the game today and there were “Draft Joe Burrow!” banners all over the stadium and I know Dalton saw them.

• Upvote 1

sam darnold is a fqb

we have the best safety tandem

sam darnold is a fqb

sam darnold is a fqb

sam darnold is a fqb

sam darnold is a fqb

sam darnold is a fqb

sam darnold is a fqb

sam darnold is a fqb

the families of deshaun watson and lamar jackosn thank the nyj for not picking them

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I wasn’t sure this team was capable of playing well 4 games in a row, I didn’t think so. So they came out flat. Also you can’t win when you have such poor field position regularly. It led to a safety.  I think the announcer said the Jets lead the league in bad field position. How’s about a few punt returns for a change. Last week after a W against the Raiders reportedly Jets players went out partying. A team with at that time a 4-7 record. It looked it on the field today. Not much to party about. 

Hopefully the partying will be a lesson to Sam that he needs to really “bring it” every week against every team, no matter the opponent’s record.  I remember how seriously Parcells would take these types of games.  He would really turn up the tension to make sure nobody took a bad team for granted.  Gase is obviously no Parcells. 

6 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

Here in Cincinnati when we lose Andy Dalton always gets the blame.  It’s terrible and unfair.  Our defense can leak like an overfilled diaper and some fans still point to Dalton.  It’s the weirdest phobia I’ve ever seen in football.  I was at the game today and there were “Draft Joe Burrow!” banners all over the stadium and I know Dalton saw them.

Dalton has never been less than a good QB – I think if the Bengals are looking to quickly turnaround into a winning team they’d draft elsewhere and reinforce the group around him. 

I can see the logic in going for Burrows if you deem him an elite QB in the making, which Dalton isn’t but I can see it being a slog for a year or so while you build and he develops. 

You don’t have to look far to see how fans will blame the QB for just about anything while playing down an impossible situation. 

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

True, but it would appear that Leveon Bell is the last piece of scotch tape holding the locker room together. Benching him would invite mutiny, I’d imagine 

Boomer this morning was doing his typical Im not saying it but Im saying it thing with regards to Bell being a pain in the neck missing meetings etc. Who knows.