Happy 57th Birthday Bo Jackson

section314

9 hours ago, section314 said:

Other than the late, great Jackie Robinson, whom I was never privileged to see play in person, there is no other athlete as great as Bo was. Every now and then, when his story is on ESPN's 30 for 30, you just realize what a freak he was. It's actually pretty scary.

Guy never even lifted a weight.

I heard the coaches hated that he would rarely show up to practice at Auburn.

Not a "once in a generation" athlete....really a "once every 1,000 years" athlete.  Could also throw a strike to the catcher on a clothesline from the outfield wall, hit HRs 500 feet with ease and that was playing RIGHT AFTER football season.  Not even taking a break.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, section314 said:

Other than the late, great Jackie Robinson, whom I was never privileged to see play in person, there is no other athlete as great as Bo was. Every now and then, when his story is on ESPN's 30 for 30, you just realize what a freak he was. It's actually pretty scary.

He is the best pure athlete I have ever seen.

Just gifted, speed, arm, power, could hit a baseball.   Literally anything athletic.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Guy never even lifted a weight.

I heard the coaches hated that he would rarely show up to practice at Auburn.

Not a "once in a generation" athlete....really a "once every 1,000 years" athlete.  Could also throw a strike to the catcher on a clothesline from the outfield wall, hit HRs 500 feet with ease and that was playing RIGHT AFTER football season.  Not even taking a break.

Bo didn’t lift weights?   Crazy!   What a shame he got hurt.  Would’ve been very interesting to see what he would’ve accomplished.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bo didn’t lift weights?   Crazy!   What a shame he got hurt.  Would’ve been very interesting to see what he would’ve accomplished.  

That’s right.  He never did any conditioning ever until he tried to rehab after the hip injury

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I also miss the two sport athletes 

Too many lawyers and greedy agents now to let that happen plus I don’t think the CBA even allows it

Brian Jordan...very underrated athlete.

Yeah, they probably started including it in the contracts.

• Upvote 1