NYallDay

If it’s true...

Why do people think WRs matter so much.  Can you guys even name a WR on the 49ers, Ravens, Pats?  

This draft is LOADED with WRs and you will be able to get a player with first round talent in the second and 2nd round talent in the top of the 3rd.  Theres no reason to spend money on Amari Cooper.

Byron Jones is different.  He's an elite player at a difficult position to find, so if he has the character that Joe D wants, that would  a nice signing.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, isired said:

I agree we don't need Cooper, but seriously, the 49ers have built a very good, deep WR unit- guys like Deebo Samuel, Pettis, Bourne, of course Sanders - those guys can all play, and the sum is greater than the parts. Plus they get a ton of production from TE and RB too in the pass game.

The Ravens - well we're not the Ravens, nobody is on offense, but Hollywood Brown, Willie Snead, Miles Boykin is a good unit, and again great production at TE.

The Patriots offense right now isn't anything I'd model - they're average, and without Brady they're probably terrible.

I didn’t say that we shouldn’t draft or sign WRs - I said I didn’t want to pay elite money to one WR like Cooper. 

SF has done a good job of drafting mid tier players which is a good way to stock the position. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If WR's don't matter why do you want to sign an elite corner?

Because there are still good WRs in the league and we don’t have a great CB currently on our team. 

As for Jones not generating turnovers - Do you realize that teams stay away from him thereby limiting his ability to get picks?  He was an All-pro player last year. I’m guessing the ints aren’t a big deal 

41 minutes ago, isired said:
48 minutes ago, BCJet said:
I didn’t say that we shouldn’t draft or sign WRs - I said I didn’t want to pay elite money to one WR like Cooper. 
SF has done a good job of drafting mid tier players which is a good way to stock the position. 

You said they didnt matter, then pointed to 2 teams with very good young WR units, and another with good potential in some young WRs paired with some solid vets.

You’re right. I meant more that spending money on WRs like Amari isn’t smart as those guys don’t matter as much. 

43 minutes ago, heymangold said:

one of the worst takes i've seen on this board.

Sure. So which elite WRs are contributing to their teams winning exactly?

How is Julio Jones’ team doing?  You think the Rams are happy with Brandon Cooks’ contract?  How about the Browns and OBJ?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company