NYallDay

If it’s true...

1 minute ago, TJ said:

We need two off seasons to fully build this team.  Use the draft to get young receivers.

Cooper is young. He'll be 26 next year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Why do people think WRs matter so much.  Can you guys even name a WR on the 49ers, Ravens, Pats?  

This draft is LOADED with WRs and you will be able to get a player with first round talent in the second and 2nd round talent in the top of the 3rd.  Theres no reason to spend money on Amari Cooper.

Byron Jones is different.  He's an elite player at a difficult position to find, so if he has the character that Joe D wants, that would  a nice signing.

If WR's don't matter why do you want to sign an elite corner?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, TJ said:

I like Cooper, but he'll want a huge contract.

He has earned a big pay day. He's not in the elite category of WR's, but right below it. I think about $16 million/year is about what he'll get. If you figure Robbie Anderson is somewhere in the $10-$12 per year range it's not too much more for a much better receiver.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TJ said:

I don't think it's a horrible move.  I would prefer to get receiver(s) in this year's draft.

Here's my 2020 Jets mock draft:

Rd 1) Best available OL

Rd 2) Best available OL

Rd 3.1) Best available OL

Rd 3.2) Best available OL

Rd 4) Best available OL

Rd 5) Best available OL

Rd 6) OK - WR

Seriously though - I wouldn't mind both Cooper & draft WR assuming we address OL heavily.

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Because there are still good WRs in the league and we don’t have a great CB currently on our team. 

As for Jones not generating turnovers - Do you realize that teams stay away from him thereby limiting his ability to get picks?  He was an All-pro player last year. I’m guessing the ints aren’t a big deal 

So good WRs matter?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company