This loss is on the CS

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

When they win this year it's because of Darnold and Adams. When they lose this year it's because of everything else. The line, the staff...everything but Darnold and Adams. That about cover it?

Don’t forget the NFL telling the refs to make sure the Bengals win

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Thank goodness. For a second there I was concerned about our QB throwing for 5 YPA and no touchdowns against the 31st ranked pass defense in the league

Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap throttling our offensive line played a pretty big factor in that. Reminded me of the BIlls game -- dinking and dunking because there wasn't time for anything to develop downfield.

Really pathetic effort by pretty much the entire team today.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

When they win this year it's because of Darnold and Adams. When they lose this year it's because of everything else. The line, the staff...everything but Darnold and Adams. That about cover it?

So is one to believe by this post that you think Darnold and Adams are to shoulder the majority of the blame?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Thank goodness. For a second there I was concerned about our QB throwing for 5 YPA and no touchdowns against the 31st ranked pass defense in the league

So is one to believe by this post that you think Darnold should shoulder the majority of the blame?

• Upvote 1

What did Sam do to lose this game? How many drops in the first half? How many times was the o-line (including Harrison who I defended in another thread) manhandled? 

How many penalties on offense?

This loss is on the coaching staff. The route combos on offense were terrible. The defense couldn't generate pressure while playing off coverage all game

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

What did Sam do to lose this game? How many drops in the first half? How many times was the o-line (including Harrison who I defended in another thread) manhandled? 

This loss is on the coaching staff. The route combos on offense were terrible. The defense couldn't generate pressure while playing off coverage all game

Even so the defense gave up only a fg in the 2nd half.  This loss is mostly on the offense, very poor OL play and the penalties (some real some bs).  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Even so the defense gave up only a fg in the 2nd half.  This loss is mostly on the offense, very poor OL play and the penalties (some real some bs).  

I ageee but I believe the offensive scheme for today was flawed (in addition to horrific o -line play). Couldn't block A gap pressure and continued to try and run inside when that was Bengals strength and our weakness

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1