Sign in to follow this  
More Cowbell

This loss is on the CS

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

It didn’t need imagination. It needed Bell to run the ball 25 times and catch the ball 10 times. Gase literally has no idea how to use the guy. Why would you not use a guy with his resume ? It makes no sense.

Rumor was that Gase didn't want Bell.  But that's on CJ for the mess he made this offseason (letting Macc run the draft and FA for a HC that had a different vision).  The idea that CJ handpicked not only our HC but our DC too is all kinds of screwed up.  And of course Gase reporting to CJ rather than to Joe D is idiotic as well.  CJ is not just a buffoon, he's also a meddler.  The worst of all worlds!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s weird how the guy who was bad in Miami continues to be bad for the Jets. Did he not take the get much better potion?

Bad in Miami, .500 record with his QB out most of those games

Bad in NY, .000 with a 3rd string practice squad QB and 4-3 with Darnold at QB, no OL and a shlt roster.  

Lets complain about the HC

Bad, bad and bad.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bad in Miami, .500 record with his QB out most of those games

Bad in NY, .000 with a 3rd string practice squad QB and 4-3 with Darnold at QB, no OL and a shlt roster.  

Lets complain about the HC

Bad, bad and bad.

Oh. Losing to the Dolphins and Bengals is good then? Cool. Sorry that’s not acceptable to me. But keep cherry picking stats to fit your narrative. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Oh. Losing to the Dolphins and Bengals is good then? Cool. Sorry that’s not acceptable to me. But keep cherry picking stats to fit your narrative. 

Remarkable how fast the narrative moves from “yeah, this year sucks, but we’re just setting things up to be competitive next year” to “actually this year is very good”

23 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Thats not what you said.  And you seriously believe that the roster is so good there isn't a team we could lose to in the NFL?  

And just to clarify, YOU just cherry picked two games of three plus seasons of his career.  I pointed to his ENTIRE career.  You might want to calm down when criticizing someone and think it through.  

He's basically been a .500 HC with almost 4 seasons worth of lousy talent.  All I said.  But Im cherry picking 

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Remarkable how fast the narrative moves from “yeah, this year sucks, but we’re just setting things up to be competitive next year” to “actually this year is very good”

Find that narrative here.  I haven't said it, who has?

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I honestly prefer that to the one where no team can be expected to correct this many problems in less than 5 years. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Don’t forget the NFL telling the refs to make sure the Bengals win

Seriously? Putting this one on the refs? 🤣

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAME

Sure did.

You can blame the refs if you lose by a FG late with a questionable call. Not when you get trucked by two touchdowns. The refs didn't make the Jets' O-line horrible. They didn't make them hold in the end zone or on crucial third down plays. Can't blame the refs for crappy play.

Bottom line is this good teams overcome a bad call. Buffalo got hosed 4 times in the first half against Dallas and overcame. Bad calls don't lead to you scoring 6 points against one of the league's worst defenses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats not what you said.  And you seriously believe that the roster is so good there isn't a team we could lose to in the NFL?  

And just to clarify, YOU just cherry picked two games of three plus seasons of his career.  I pointed to his ENTIRE career.  You might want to calm down when criticizing someone and think it through.  

He's basically been a .500 HC with almost 4 seasons worth of lousy talent.  All I said.  But Im cherry picking 

All I’m saying is that if the Offensive Line was good enough to beat the Cowboys and the Raiders it was good enough to beat the hapless Phins and Bengals. It all comes down to coaching and how unprepared Gase is most weeks and how he can’t adjust at halftime, or anytime for that matter. 

Ryan Tannehill is playing out of his mind right now because they’re tailoring the offense to his strengths in Tennessee. 

Weird how Mike Tomlinson didn’t fold up the shop with his 3rd string QB and won an important game this weekend. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

What did Sam do to lose this game?  

After the page 6 "super bowl party time" story what did he do to win it? 

I haven't read through this entire thread but my take on this disgusting loss falls more on lack of execution than coaching.  Anderson dropped a TD, Berrios dropped a critical red zone catch, the punter was terrible and failed to flip the field all day, and most importantly, the OL was completely outclassed and outmuscled.  I don't like Gase but at some point, regardless of the personnel, players have to execute.  No one executed yesterday and that's why they lost.  

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All I’m saying is that if the Offensive Line was good enough to beat the Cowboys and the Raiders it was good enough to beat the hapless Phins and Bengals. It all comes down to coaching and how unprepared Gase is most weeks and how he can’t adjust at halftime, or anytime for that matter. 

Ryan Tannehill is playing out of his mind right now because they’re tailoring the offense to his strengths in Tennessee. 

Weird how Mike Tomlinson didn’t fold up the shop with his 3rd string QB and won an important game this weekend. 

So the OL is a product of the HC coaching it up?  He's a bum after bad games?  Gase wasn't prepared as an OL coach yesterday, coached them differently that he did for the Cowboys, Raiders whoever?  Or do you think it may be a case of injuries and scrub replacement that have been forced to play?  Nah, easier to blame the HC.  

Gase also had Anderson lose a ball and ultimately drop a TD pass?  He coached Barrios to drop a ball?  Coached our P to be short all day?  Sent an OL out to hold in the EZ?  

Sometimes a team loses because they play horribly and don't execute plays.  Its not always a case to blame one person, as easy as that is

What does Tannehill in Tenn have to do with anything?  Which team has the better talent the one year he had Tannehill from the start (who  made the playoffs) or Tenn?  Two teams and 4 seasons later, you think its relevant in what way?

Funny how Tomlin (?) had a better roster, a much better OL and didn't have a QB who was on the practice squad playing so what's the relevance here?  All things were equal with that youve seen of the two teams?  

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

After the page 6 "super bowl party time" story what did he do to win it? 

SB party?

Going out for a couple of drinks?  

A 22 year old?  LOL

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

SB party?

Going out for a couple of drinks?  

A 22 year old?  LOL

They had to win this game after the Page 6 article. Too many people dismissed it. it would be fine if they were professionals who showed up every week. 

side note this Capistrano Beach native already missed a month with mono 

he's 22 he's also the most important single employee of a multi billion dollar franchise 

he's playing for a 100 million dollar extension in like 2 seasons.  

people need to stop saying he's just a kid or it's a couple of drinks 

he's not Joe Willy. he's 8-14 as a starter 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

yup. throw in a nearly 50-50 run pass ratio and you can see why the Titans are 7-5 and in the thick of the playoff hunt

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Specifically what were the Jets unprepared for? The Falk games they totally punted, but yesterday that was just a bad team losing on the road to another bad team.

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They had to win this game after the Page 6 article. Too many people dismissed it. it would be fine if they were professionals who showed up every week. 

side note this Capistrano Beach native already missed a month with mono 

he's 22 he's also the most important single employee of a multi billion dollar franchise 

he's playing for a 100 million dollar extension in like 2 seasons.  

people need to stop saying he's just a kid or it's a couple of drinks 

he's not Joe Willy. he's 8-14 as a starter 

Pure nonsense and overblown.  He went out for drinks, at 22 and your going on about he had to win in Cindy because he did?  As if he could snap his fingers and they would have won.  He could force Robbie, Barrios and Griffin to catch balls they should have.  Or make the OL actually block or stop making backbreaking Penalties when they made big plays.  

He had drinks.  He’s 22. Shocking that some fans see this as a negative when most thought, great he stopped early and didn’t drive, called a limo.

Precisely the kind of player you feel ok giving $100 mil

22 hours ago, Ml43jets said:

How the hell do you run Bell 10 times against the worst run defense in the league???  Is there any preparation and thought put into the game plan???

This is how.... (per Brian Costello)

A lot is being made of Adam Gase not running the ball enough against the worst rushing defense in football. I get it, but the numbers are a little deceiving. He called 26 passes and nine runs in the first half, but 10 of those passes came on the final drive of the half when the Jets got the ball with 1:46 left and were not running because of clock management.

Gase came out ready to run in the third quarter and here is what happened: Le’Veon Bell for 2 yards, Bell for -1 yard, Bell for 23 yards but called back because of holding on Tom Compton. Then it is third-and-20 and they passed and then punted. The next drive starts at their own 2 and then gets moved to the 1 after a false start on Brandon Shell. First play, Bell runs for 2 yards. Second play, Beachum is called for holding and the Bengals get a safety. The Bengals then kick a field goal after getting the ball after the safety. Suddenly, the Jets are down 16 and there is 1:15 left in the third quarter. The Jets had to pass to get back into the game.

This is not to say I am defending Gase in this game. He had a terrible day. But it was about more than pass/run ratio. It was about his offense’s sheer inability to move the ball at all. He had no answers in this game. The Bengals had a great game plan against the Jets and they executed it.

THAT is a game flow issue.  THAT is how situational football dictates what you have to do vs. doing what you want to do.  Penalties backing the offense up, creating long yardage situations, down by lots of points.  The Jets were never in a position to really get the running game going.

4 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I haven't read through this entire thread but my take on this disgusting loss falls more on lack of execution than coaching.  Anderson dropped a TD, Berrios dropped a critical red zone catch, the punter was terrible and failed to flip the field all day, and most importantly, the OL was completely outclassed and outmuscled.  I don't like Gase but at some point, regardless of the personnel, players have to execute.  No one executed yesterday and that's why they lost.  

As Giselle said once, "does he have to throw the ball AND catch the ball?"  Sam didn't have a bad game.  He didn't have a great game either, but he was getting ZERO help from his OLine and Sam couldn't run down the field fast enough to catch the balls he threw that were being dropped.

Pure nonsense and overblown.  He went out for drinks, at 22 and your going on about he had to win in Cindy because he did?  As if he could snap his fingers and they would have won.  He could force Robbie, Barrios and Griffin to catch balls they should have.  Or make the OL actually block or stop making backbreaking Penalties when they made big plays.  

He had drinks.  He’s 22. Shocking that some fans see this as a negative when most thought, great he stopped early and didn’t drive, called a limo.

Andy Dalton looked sharper yesterday 

ANDY.

DALTON.

100 million yen maybe 

he stopped early and didn’t drive, called a limo.

Pros: doesn't drive drunk, probably

Cons: bad at football

TAKE MY MONEY

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Andy Dalton looked sharper yesterday 

ANDY.

DALTON.

100 million yen maybe 

Andy Dalton isn’t 22.  He’s an era lisbed QB

one of this anything yo do with the nonsense about going out for drinks, staying out until 12 and calling for a ride.   

predicting his next contract now.  Keep going, I’m impressed with the lovic

18 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Pros: doesn't drive drunk, probably

Cons: bad at football

TAKE MY MONEY

Left out plays in front of people who think QBs develop in a season.  Come here to whine like you do with a loss and no idea why they’re talking about

A roll call of the instant gratification group who stop bitching with wins and then over do each loss on a hideous tea.