Sign in to follow this  
Jetster

TRASH

It was no secret that the New York Jets were fielding calls and open for business ahead of the NFL's trade deadline Tuesday. But one player they weren't willing to deal was 2019 first-round defensive tackle Quinnen Williams despite receiving serious interest from a mystery team.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

Huge fail by Douglas.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It was no secret that the New York Jets were fielding calls and open for business ahead of the NFL's trade deadline Tuesday. But one player they weren't willing to deal was 2019 first-round defensive tackle Quinnen Williams despite receiving serious interest from a mystery team.

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

Huge fail by Douglas.

Your right, but I still don’t know if I believe this huge package thing 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Huge fail by Douglas.

No one knows what was offered. 
Be nice if we can dump Bell & use that money elsewhere. I guarantee you Gase issue with signing Bell was that he knew the Oline was trash. Fans are complaining about play calls & we were playing the worst rush defense IN THE LEAGUE & our ALL WORLD HIGHLY PAID RB had 32 yards rushing! WASTE OF MONEY & TIME, Gase was 100% right. 
This roster is just sh*t. I want to be shocked we lost to a 0-11 team but the Jets have been BLOWN out more than the Bengals. They had many losses by 7 or less. 
Mixon is better than Bell right now. Both Bengal WRs are better than ours. Dunbar is better than any pass rusher we have, We’re a bottom 5 team & deservedly so.

30 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty solid for a one word anger thread.

I’m kind of just numb to it, not angered. What angers me is the fact that other than Darnold, that idiot Macc was here 5 years & we’re still in the middle of a rebuild but still gave huge contracts to Trumaine Johnson and now Bell. 
5 years of Brady aging & the Bills are better, the Dolphins have a BOATLOAD of draft picks & we’re treading water with the worst oline in the entire league! It pisses me off that our idiot owner hired a guy from an organization that literally got their young QB killed (Carr), by ignoring the Oline! This dolt Macc got to do it twice in a billionaire business!!!

Thats like a guy getting hired to lead a hedge fund that sold all of its Apple & Google stock to invest in Solandra. I love the Jets but I f*cking despise the owners!

Im going to believe in JD, it’s all I got left. Chris & Woody need to get the f*ck out of his & Gase way & let them work. 

46 minutes ago, Jetster said:

70% of this team is complete trash. Pretty much the entire Oline is TRASH. There are 11 starters on offense. Almost 50% are Olineman & ours all either are way below average, or slightly average. 

Just think about this, our new GM tried to trade our safety to the Cowboys but demanded 1 of their starting Olineman & a 1st round pick. After watching this game today, how can you for one moment not be saddened by the fact that the Cowboys didn't take the bait?

Jamal Adams is a luxury. Jets don't need luxurys, we need a group that protect our young QB & block well enough to have a running game that can get a RB into the 2nd level without a penalty called on them. 

Just look up in Buffalo, or down in Miami, they let all kinds of overpriced players walk to rebuild. Bills are way ahead of us now & Miami after beating the Eagles today will have almost the same record & have beaten us once already.

Gase didn't want Bell & he was right. Bell is a complete waste of money & time, doesn't mesh with this offense, looks really slow and his money would have been better spent on top Olineman, CB or pass rusher. He's been a good soldier because he got paid & doesn't want to be booed every week like Trumaine Johnson.

Typical Jet rebuild. And for those of you wondering why Gase doesn't use Bell in the passing game morels because this Oline is so terrible he's too easy to defend, because Sam has 2 seconds to scan the field. Amazing that when Sam gets time, Cowboys game, Oakland, the offense performs. Every time this Jet Oline faulters the offense falls apart. Tough to design plays that work downfield when your QB is always under duress, guys are dropping balls, every good play is brought back because of penalty & your always playing behind the yard markers. 

WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS IN EVERY IMPORTANT POSITION BESIDES QB. OLINE-CB-PASS RUSH-RB (Yes, if the Jets can find someone to take Bell next year they should let him go). 

Agree with most of your post, BUT what I can never figure out with Gase, much like Bowles, is when your O line is getting crushed by an opponents D end ( Dunlop and Myles Garrett come to mind)), why o effin why does the head coach not demand that a RB or TE at least chip the guy and help his tackle out?  Or do wait until SAMs shoulder is dislocated or ribs broken to give that a try?

11 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Agree with most of your post, BUT what I can never figure out with Gase, much like Bowles, is when your O line is getting crushed by an opponents D end ( Dunlop and Myles Garrett come to mind)), why o effin why does the head coach not demand that a RB or TE at least chip the guy and help his tackle out?  Or do wait until SAMs shoulder is dislocated or ribs broken to give that a try?

Because we already have no weapons. Did Crowder get hurt? Robby is too weak. That’s when u see dink & dunk that everyone hates. 
Gase is in a no win when this crap Oline is exposed. We’re a terrible team. 
Many here are willing to trade our best draft pick in years in Adams, why? Because our roster SUCKS!

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

70% of this team is complete trash. Pretty much the entire Oline is TRASH. There are 11 starters on offense. Almost 50% are Olineman & ours all either are way below average, or slightly average. 

Just think about this, our new GM tried to trade our safety to the Cowboys but demanded 1 of their starting Olineman & a 1st round pick. After watching this game today, how can you for one moment not be saddened by the fact that the Cowboys didn't take the bait?

Jamal Adams is a luxury. Jets don't need luxurys, we need a group that protect our young QB & block well enough to have a running game that can get a RB into the 2nd level without a penalty called on them. 

Just look up in Buffalo, or down in Miami, they let all kinds of overpriced players walk to rebuild. Bills are way ahead of us now & Miami after beating the Eagles today will have almost the same record & have beaten us once already.

Gase didn't want Bell & he was right. Bell is a complete waste of money & time, doesn't mesh with this offense, looks really slow and his money would have been better spent on top Olineman, CB or pass rusher. He's been a good soldier because he got paid & doesn't want to be booed every week like Trumaine Johnson.

Typical Jet rebuild. And for those of you wondering why Gase doesn't use Bell in the passing game morels because this Oline is so terrible he's too easy to defend, because Sam has 2 seconds to scan the field. Amazing that when Sam gets time, Cowboys game, Oakland, the offense performs. Every time this Jet Oline faulters the offense falls apart. Tough to design plays that work downfield when your QB is always under duress, guys are dropping balls, every good play is brought back because of penalty & your always playing behind the yard markers. 

WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS IN EVERY IMPORTANT POSITION BESIDES QB. OLINE-CB-PASS RUSH-RB (Yes, if the Jets can find someone to take Bell next year they should let him go). 

Does it feel better to get that off your chest ?

1 minute ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Does it feel better to get that off your chest ?

Yes. 😃

I want Chris Johnson to get the hell out of JDs way & let him do whatever he deems necessary. If that’s trading anyone let him do it. 
This organization lets this league & the refs sh*t all over it too because no one respects them. Some of those calls today should be reviewed by the league, oh that’s right these refs ARE THE LEAGUE. Disgusting watching this garbage weak after weak, the Jets & these horrific refs.

How do you score 34 pts for three straight games and then score 6 against the worst record in football? You can't make it up!!!!

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty solid for a one word anger thread.

True but every good rant needs a “BUT NOOOOOOO” lol

• Upvote 1

New England Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia isn’t satisfied with his unit after eight weeks.

The Patriots have been without starters David Andrews and Isaiah Wynn throughout the season, and they’ve had to make some serious adjustments. Scarnecchia is typically capable of making those adjustments, but he’s having a little bit of trouble with this current unit. It reflects in New England’s inability to run the ball this season and it reflects in Tom Brady’s eyes while trying to quickly get the ball out.

The first eight weeks haven’t seemed the most ideal for this unit, but they are backed by one of the best coaching staffs in NFL history. They’re on a positive trend and can only go up if they can avoid major injuries.

• Butt Fumble 1

16 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

best we can do is 8-8 so I doubt it Mr. Mora!

We will never see 8-8. 6 -10 max.

21 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yeah one or two more wins is all I see with these last four games!

Edited by The Gooch
misspelling
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

No one knows what was offered. 
Be nice if we can dump Bell & use that money elsewhere. I guarantee you Gase issue with signing Bell was that he knew the Oline was trash. Fans are complaining about play calls & we were playing the worst rush defense IN THE LEAGUE & our ALL WORLD HIGHLY PAID RB had 32 yards rushing! WASTE OF MONEY & TIME, Gase was 100% right. 
This roster is just sh*t. I want to be shocked we lost to a 0-11 team but the Jets have been BLOWN out more than the Bengals. They had many losses by 7 or less. 
Mixon is better than Bell right now. Both Bengal WRs are better than ours. Dunbar is better than any pass rusher we have, We’re a bottom 5 team & deservedly so.

That's not true bell is way better on all accounts  - talent, experience, toughness etc.

Gase on the other hand is terrible at his job and doesn't gameplan to take advantage of our strengths or an opposing teams weaknesses.

The Bengals literally suck against the run and we have a great RB that doesn't get the touches...never even gets warmed up.

No play calls to give him a chance. Give bell a blocker in the open field shallow pass to the sideline and magic can happen.

Gase thinks powel is a better back 

F christ

31 minutes ago, TNJet said:

That would give us the best record we've had in 4 years.

• Downvote 1