kevinc855

This team confuses me

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Impossible levels of slurp in the faves here.

Not sure what you are saying here.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You guys are all gonna get banned.

We wouldn't ban anyone for being critical of the team. As long as they follow the few simple rules we have.

Happy Thanksgiving btw.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Likewise. I didn't know the filter doesn't catch that one. Can I reasonably assume the other stuff is still safe?

No please don't assume that. Cursing got us banned from an ad network (along with other things that have been corrected). So as I posted in the other thread, we need the ad revenue to pay the $600 a month in bills here.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lots of grown-ass men kissing up to the king by smashing the likes.

I hate you, but I laughed out loud. Seriously wasn't sure what you were taking a shot at here.

HAHA I GOT MAX TO SAY IT LMAOOOOO

Got me to say what?

You forgot to alter the quote to protect the innocent.

Oh, hahaha, nice one.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean- what are we basing this on? Sanchez and Geno being terrible? In terms of why I may seem hard on Darnold is because I admittedly ignored all the bad stuff with those two that ended up never changing. The Jets fan QB grading curve needs to change. Have higher expectations. 5 YPC against the Bengals is terrible. Darnold was the 3rd pick in the draft- if he's not excelling yet its probably never going to happen. He doesnt consistently win from the pocket, out of the 32 QB's his arm is below average, doesnt run to compensate. He's currently sitting at 27th in total DVOA (will go down after today). Expect more. 

Well if you are evaluating the statement, that Sam Darnold is "the most talented QB we have seen here in forever" ... yes, he is being compared to Geno and Sanchez. Like I said the bar is set low in that regard, a QB could be much better than those two and that could still be good enough to not win it all.

I will say it again, Darnold has a ton to prove. He is a young QB, really young and I believe he will continue to get better. Have seen some hate his way, not all here in the forums. Some of it is on our social media accounts. Just don't get it, the offensive line is terrible. They can't run the ball and the drops today were bad. He had no time and some people are saying he sucks.

What is the alternative? Joe Flacco in the offseason?

When he messes up people should be critical of him. He isn't a lock or a guarantee. I just like what I see and think they have 99 problems and he isn't one.

Everyone please like this post because that will make Tom Shane cry.  :)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey Tom- you need to knock this off. Not cool.

Put Joe on ignore and stop inciting this stuff.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I think it's clear that it's either 100% Gase's fault,  100% the Olines fault, or 100% Darnolds fault. I suggest a battle royal between the leading proponents and various strawmen to settle this once and for all.

Really good post. I would say the oline takes the majority of the blame. But Gase's stubbornness is a close second.

He went with the jumbo package to start one series, they run twice and get a first down. Boom, back to normal spread out the misery and punt.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not saying he’s definitely not the guy, I’m not saying he’ll never get better, and I’m certainly not saying he’s the only problem, but after 22 starts, “he didn’t throw a backbreaking interception” doesn’t cut it anymore. He’s 27th in DVOA, 28th in DYAR, 25th in AY/A, 24th in passer rating, and 23rd in QBR. 

That is all fair, I saw sucks and thought you had him in another bucket. He has a lot to prove, I think he will do it but on a day like today there is plenty of blame to go around.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Sure - dispatch with the BJ comments, but "sucks" is actually supported by the metrics, and the Jets record.  Now, there's enough explanations for his performance right now to say it's unfair to say he sucks, but none of those explanations lend any credence to the popular notion that he's good, great, or special.  He may not be "the problem" because this team is bad enough there may not be a "the" right now.  But, it's not far fetched to think he is "a problem."

As an aside, it's worth mentioning that part of the reason we didn't run the ball against the Bengals is that we are a bottom three rushing team, and the Bengals also are a bottom of the league passing defense.

I don't think he is a problem, I really don't. It is a cliche but time will always tell. I am in the camp that says he has to get better. He can be a franchise guy imo but he isn't there today. 

The Bengals were last against the run. How Gase called 48 Darnold passes and 10 Bell runs just confuses me. Bad game plan.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

To be honest, in order for the Jets to win I think they need a bonafide superstar at QB to compensate for pretty much everything else that is never going to change (ownership and the biz side). Could be an unfair curve- but expecting the Jets to build it right around a guy who may eventually be a good QB is probably never going to happen. Landing a Mahomes type of talent, who can compensate for the bad, while also unlikely is probably the better route.

Mahomes wouldn't be good here. Lamar Jackson's team scored 20 points today, he would have lost as well. The Jets gave up more than that to the Bengals lol.

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, this isn't unfair, but if you acknowledge that he has to get better, you're also acknowledging that today, he isn't good enough.  Not many are doing that.  The issue though, is that getting better isn't a given.  It's a hope.  One we all share.

Well, if Tom Brady was the QB of this team and he was five years younger, they wouldn't win the Super Bowl.

So nothing is guaranteed of course, but I am convinced that Sam is good enough to get it done. Just have a bunch of things that are in terrible shape around him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, we're 4-8.  If we finish, say, 5-11, we'll end up with a pretty good draft pick.  Trade Jamal, and we'll have more ammo to move up for a QB if we want to do so.  The Cardinals moved on from Josh Rosen in one season, so it's not an unprecedented idea.

I'm not advocating we do so, as I think Sam should get 2020 to show he if he might end up being deserving of a 2nd contract.  But certainly that would be a much better solution than signing a terrible FA QB.  

Hey this is the Jets, anything is possible. The problem is people want to fire Gase. But it looks like Gase is definitely coming back. So I think QB should be off the table for this offseason. Otherwise you are letting Gase impact two young QBs. Gase gets Darnold and if that doesn't work, Gase gets fired in 2021.

Days like yesterday put me firmly in the trade Jamal camp. Get a 1st rounder back for him and you can have 3 impact olineman here next year, while still addressing other needs.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

35 % O-Line, 30 % Darnold, 30 % Gase, 5 % Jamal Adams.  

I know this is a joke, but it pisses me off.

Jamal needs to get at least 8% of the blame in any scenario. Does Tom Shane's life work mean nothing to you?

• Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company