kevinc855

This team confuses me

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He is a 22 year old QB that is the most talented QB we have seen here in forever. The bar is set low in that regard but if they can't build around Sam and win it all, it isn't going to happen. He isn't the problem, yet a lot of people are saying he is.

I mean- what are we basing this on? Sanchez and Geno being terrible? In terms of why I may seem hard on Darnold is because I admittedly ignored all the bad stuff with those two that ended up never changing. The Jets fan QB grading curve needs to change. Have higher expectations. 5 YPC against the Bengals is terrible. Darnold was the 3rd pick in the draft- if he's not excelling yet its probably never going to happen. He doesnt consistently win from the pocket, out of the 32 QB's his arm is below average, doesnt run to compensate. He's currently sitting at 27th in total DVOA (will go down after today). Expect more. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't think he is a problem, I really don't. It is a cliche but time will always tell. I am in the camp that says he has to get better. He can be a franchise guy imo but he isn't there today. 

The Bengals were last against the run. How Gase called 48 Darnold passes and 10 Bell runs just confuses me. Bad game plan.

To be honest, in order for the Jets to win I think they need a bonafide superstar at QB to compensate for pretty much everything else that is never going to change (ownership and the biz side). Could be an unfair curve- but expecting the Jets to build it right around a guy who may eventually be a good QB is probably never going to happen. Landing a Mahomes type of talent, who can compensate for the bad, while also unlikely is probably the better route.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Mahomes wouldn't be good here.

uhh

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company