This team confuses me

kevinc855

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You once argued that Ardarius Stewart was a very good WR but it’s people saying that the QB who’s record and stats say he stinks, is not a franchise QB today, that don’t understand what they are watching. This QB has now lost to 3 winless teams, but how dare anyone question him.

LMAO. I NEVER said Stewart was a good WR. He was nothing special in Bama. You have me confused with someone else. But I am not surprised, you are quite confused about football. Go back to sea world. lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Likewise. I didn't know the filter doesn't catch that one. Can I reasonably assume the other stuff is still safe?

No please don't assume that. Cursing got us banned from an ad network (along with other things that have been corrected). So as I posted in the other thread, we need the ad revenue to pay the $600 a month in bills here.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He is a 22 year old QB that is the most talented QB we have seen here in forever. The bar is set low in that regard but if they can't build around Sam and win it all, it isn't going to happen. He isn't the problem, yet a lot of people are saying he is.

I mean- what are we basing this on? Sanchez and Geno being terrible? In terms of why I may seem hard on Darnold is because I admittedly ignored all the bad stuff with those two that ended up never changing. The Jets fan QB grading curve needs to change. Have higher expectations. 5 YPC against the Bengals is terrible. Darnold was the 3rd pick in the draft- if he's not excelling yet its probably never going to happen. He doesnt consistently win from the pocket, out of the 32 QB's his arm is below average, doesnt run to compensate. He's currently sitting at 27th in total DVOA (will go down after today). Expect more. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

LMAO. I NEVER said Stewart was a good WR. He was nothing special in Bama. You have me confused with someone else. But I am not surprised, you are quite confused about football. Go back to sea world. lol

Perhaps I’ll give the search function a workout later... Until then, tell us more about how anyone who questions the QB who now holds an NFL record for losses to winless teams and who is in the bottom of the league in both standard and advanced QB metrics Is “confused.”

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean- what are we basing this on? Sanchez and Geno being terrible? In terms of why I may seem hard on Darnold is because I admittedly ignored all the bad stuff with those two that ended up never changing. The Jets fan QB grading curve needs to change. Have higher expectations. 5 YPC against the Bengals is terrible. Darnold was the 3rd pick in the draft- if he's not excelling yet its probably never going to happen. He doesnt consistently win from the pocket, out of the 32 QB's his arm is below average, doesnt run to compensate. He's currently sitting at 27th in total DVOA (will go down after today). Expect more. 

Well if you are evaluating the statement, that Sam Darnold is "the most talented QB we have seen here in forever" ... yes, he is being compared to Geno and Sanchez. Like I said the bar is set low in that regard, a QB could be much better than those two and that could still be good enough to not win it all.

I will say it again, Darnold has a ton to prove. He is a young QB, really young and I believe he will continue to get better. Have seen some hate his way, not all here in the forums. Some of it is on our social media accounts. Just don't get it, the offensive line is terrible. They can't run the ball and the drops today were bad. He had no time and some people are saying he sucks.

What is the alternative? Joe Flacco in the offseason?

When he messes up people should be critical of him. He isn't a lock or a guarantee. I just like what I see and think they have 99 problems and he isn't one.

Everyone please like this post because that will make Tom Shane cry.  :)

• Haha 2

Just now, Maxman said:

Well if you are evaluating the statement, that Sam Darnold is "the most talented QB we have seen here in forever" ... yes, he is being compared to Geno and Sanchez. Like I said the bar is set low in that regard, a QB could be much better than those two and that could still be good enough to not win it all.

I will say it again, Darnold has a ton to prove. He is a young QB, really young and I believe he will continue to get better. Have seen some hate his way, not all here in the forums. Some of it is on our social media accounts. Just don't get it, the offensive line is terrible. They can't run the ball and the drops today were bad. He had no time and some people are saying he sucks.

What is the alternative? Joe Flacco in the offseason?

When he messes up people should be critical of him. He isn't a lock or a guarantee. I just like what I see and think they have 99 problems and he isn't one.

Everyone please like this post because that will make Tom Shane cry.  :)

The alternative was Teddy Bridgewater and six draft picks instead of Darnold and Edoga. And the jury will be out on that until the homers all develop amnesia and never really liked Darnold anyway. We've done this before.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I think it's clear that it's either 100% Gase's fault,  100% the Olines fault, or 100% Darnolds fault. I suggest a battle royal between the leading proponents and various strawmen to settle this once and for all.

Really good post. I would say the oline takes the majority of the blame. But Gase's stubbornness is a close second.

He went with the jumbo package to start one series, they run twice and get a first down. Boom, back to normal spread out the misery and punt.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think it's clear that it's either 100% Gase's fault,  100% the Olines fault, or 100% Darnolds fault. I suggest a battle royal between the leading proponents and various strawmen to settle this once and for all.

Pretending that the debate on Darnold is whether or not the number is 100% rather than whether or not it's 0% is the biggest strawman yet.

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Perhaps I’ll give the search function a workout later... Until then, tell us more about how anyone who questions the QB who now holds an NFL record for losses to winless teams and who is in the bottom of the league in both standard and advanced QB metrics Is “confused.”

Go give the search a workout. You won't find a quote where I said Stewart was a good WR. As far the QB, the Jets are a "football team". But you can make your own headline if you like. Hows this, "Sam Darnold Lost to the Cincy Bengals Today by a score of 22 - 6"

Have a nice day. I'm finished with this silliness.

7 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Go give the search a workout. You won't find a quote where I said Stewart was a good WR. As far the QB, the Jets are a "football team". But you can make your own headline if you like. Hows this, "Sam Darnold Lost to the Cincy Bengals Today by a score of 22 - 6"

Have a nice day. I'm finished with this silliness.

This is a great counterpoint to an argument (It’s all Darnold’s fault) that literally no one is making.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Yeah Darnold sucks. He is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in 50 years and is literally the only way out.  But let's keep blaming him. Dude had receivers drop 4 big passes today and D Thomas stopped running on a long bomb. Two touchdowns he dialed up. He showed progress today by not panicking with the big INT under pressure.

I’m not saying he’s definitely not the guy, I’m not saying he’ll never get better, and I’m certainly not saying he’s the only problem, but after 22 starts, “he didn’t throw a backbreaking interception” doesn’t cut it anymore. He’s 27th in DVOA, 28th in DYAR, 25th in AY/A, 24th in passer rating, and 23rd in QBR. 

• Upvote 3

I’m a Bengals fan and I wouldn’t trade Sam Darnold for a king’s ransom.  You should see how people here in Cincinnati absolutely hate on Andy Dalton for no reason.  He’s good!  I don’t want Joe Burrow or Tua Tagovailoa in the draft.

Darnold and Dalton have the same issue: A horrific offensive line.  Unfortunately neither Woody Johnson nor Mike Brown understand this.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not saying he’s definitely not the guy, I’m not saying he’ll never get better, and I’m certainly not saying he’s the only problem, but after 22 starts, “he didn’t throw a backbreaking interception” doesn’t cut it anymore. He’s 27th in DVOA, 28th in DYAR, 25th in AY/A, 24th in passer rating, and 23rd in QBR. 

That is all fair, I saw sucks and thought you had him in another bucket. He has a lot to prove, I think he will do it but on a day like today there is plenty of blame to go around.

• Upvote 2