This team confuses me

kevinc855

To be honest, in order for the Jets to win I think they need a bonafide superstar at QB to compensate for pretty much everything else that is never going to change (ownership and the biz side). Could be an unfair curve- but expecting the Jets to build it right around a guy who may eventually be a good QB is probably never going to happen. Landing a Mahomes type of talent, who can compensate for the bad, while also unlikely is probably the better route.

What team has a Mahomes or Jackson type QB that has a crap team around them that is going to the playoffs. Name one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You can blame who ever you want but it all comes down to if the ol if it feels like playing average that day.If they do we win if they don’t we get embarrassed. For last 3 weeks before Sunday they looked ok gave Darnold atleast a chance. But when they don’t come to play that cant run block pass block or even get away with a little hold. We have to get ol in here next year fa,draft ,trades, what ever it takes and then some. Every ol on our roster are all back ups expect Beachum And he’s borderline at that our line is so inconsistent. 

Put me in the Darnold looked "fine" camp.  He threw some nice balls and didn't look like he sh*t the bed.  I think the sh*t going on around him was the problem yesterday.  I have not felt like that in some/most of the other losses. 

13 hours ago, ryu79 said:

What annoyed me was how vanilla the run game was. Ok, they are bad on the run - they stuff the draw and a few power runs off guard ... And we keep doing the same thing again and again...

Apparently they struggle setting the edge...we never even tried. And I hear that Bell's pace may not be ? right now, but Powell has been playing fast and we def have a jet sweep or two in the playbook - but we didn't even try?

+1

I am not surprised that the Bengals handled us.  Atkins, Dunlap and Hubbard can all play and our OLine sucks.  The middle was getting blown up.  The play I was calling for is the pitch they do to get outside.  

In my lame "my thoughts" thread last week, I was trying to point out that even in a rout, a couple of plays and penalty calls can make the difference.  Yesterday, we had a few of those - inopportune drops, penalties that negated huge plays, not scooping that muffed fumble.  

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

What it is time to pump the break on is people saying that "he sucks" and "he needs to be traded" and he needs to stop "sucking dick off the field". He is a 22 year old QB that is the most talented QB we have seen here in forever. The bar is set low in that regard but if they can't build around Sam and win it all, it isn't going to happen. He isn't the problem, yet a lot of people are saying he is.

Now the exact wording of those quotes was slightly altered to protect the innocent. Wouldn't want to reveal the identity of anyone who is currently on a watch list lol.

Being serious, Sam has a ton to prove. He has to keep getting better. He is doing that, I just don't get people telling him to put another man's penis in his mouth because he has a coach that can't figure out how to run the ball against the worst run defense in the league.

Yes but your response was to dbatesman's post.  Nowhere in that post did he suggest Sam was fellating a man.  He was pointing out all the things wrong with the team, but you singled out him saying the QB sucks.  

I don't think Sam sucks either, but I certainly am not sold on him being the franchise QB.  The idea that he might be the "best thing to happen" to this franchise "in 50 years", if true, would be more of a reflection of how bad a franchise the Jets is as opposed to how good Sam is.   

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but your response was to dbatesman's post.  Nowhere in that post did he suggest Sam was fellating a man.  He was pointing out all the things wrong with the team, but you singled out him saying the QB sucks.  

I don't think Sam sucks either, but I certainly am not sold on him being the franchise QB.  The idea that he might be the "best thing to happen" to this franchise "in 50 years", if true, would be more of a reflection of how bad a franchise the Jets is as opposed to how good Sam is.   

I find this new world confusing. Can you fellate a woman? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

What is the alternative? Joe Flacco in the offseason?

Well, we're 4-8.  If we finish, say, 5-11, we'll end up with a pretty good draft pick.  Trade Jamal, and we'll have more ammo to move up for a QB if we want to do so.  The Cardinals moved on from Josh Rosen in one season, so it's not an unprecedented idea.

I'm not advocating we do so, as I think Sam should get 2020 to show he if he might end up being deserving of a 2nd contract.  But certainly that would be a much better solution than signing a terrible FA QB.  

1 hour ago, jetsfansince7 said:

What team has a Mahomes or Jackson type QB that has a crap team around them that is going to the playoffs. Name one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The roster is a horror show Sam is the least of the jets problems

Bad OL

Zero pass rush

Average at best secondary 

Below average receivers 

Bell has lost a step he’s now what Tomlinson was here in 2010-2011

And the Head Coach SUCKS

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, we're 4-8.  If we finish, say, 5-11, we'll end up with a pretty good draft pick.  Trade Jamal, and we'll have more ammo to move up for a QB if we want to do so.  The Cardinals moved on from Josh Rosen in one season, so it's not an unprecedented idea.

I'm not advocating we do so, as I think Sam should get 2020 to show he if he might end up being deserving of a 2nd contract.  But certainly that would be a much better solution than signing a terrible FA QB.  

Hey this is the Jets, anything is possible. The problem is people want to fire Gase. But it looks like Gase is definitely coming back. So I think QB should be off the table for this offseason. Otherwise you are letting Gase impact two young QBs. Gase gets Darnold and if that doesn't work, Gase gets fired in 2021.

Days like yesterday put me firmly in the trade Jamal camp. Get a 1st rounder back for him and you can have 3 impact olineman here next year, while still addressing other needs.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

35 % O-Line, 30 % Darnold, 30 % Gase, 5 % Jamal Adams.  

I know this is a joke, but it pisses me off.

Jamal needs to get at least 8% of the blame in any scenario. Does Tom Shane's life work mean nothing to you?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hey this is the Jets, anything is possible. The problem is people want to fire Gase. But it looks like Gase is definitely coming back. So I think QB should be off the table for this offseason. Otherwise you are letting Gase impact two young QBs. Gase gets Darnold and if that doesn't work, Gase gets fired in 2021.

Days like yesterday put me firmly in the trade Jamal camp. Get a 1st rounder back for him and you can have 3 impact olineman here next year, while still addressing other needs.

Yeah, I'm operating under the assumption that Gase will be back next season as well.  Probably bad news there but Douglas has no authority to fire Gase even if he wants to, and Chris Johnson doesn't have the stones to fire Gase and search for a new HC all over again (or give the authority to Douglas to hire the HC).  He's too busy hanging out on his yacht with Russian hookers at the moment.  

Thus, the Gase/Darnold duo gets another season.  If it fails we bring in a new HC and let him and Douglas decide whether we need a new QB.  

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You better get way more back for him than a 1st, Max. That entire team was lost yesterday because he was out there on guts, and that's all. If anything, yesterday increased his value by a bunch.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

You better get way more back for him than a 1st, Max. That entire team was lost yesterday because he was out there on guts, and that's all. If anything, yesterday increased his value by a bunch.

Agreed with the bold, but only because the teams that will look to acquire Adams will all likely be teams with LATE first rounders.  

• Upvote 1